Progress Energy Interview Questions

3.5

IT Problem Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progress Energy (Raleigh, NC) in September 2009.

Interview

Good interview in two one hour sessions, that gave a good view into management of that area and interface with other business functions. There was adequate time to ask both formal and conversational questions related specifically to the job and the corprate culture. It was a a very secure IT operations center that showed the corprations commitment to technology.

Senior Business Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progress Energy (Raleigh, NC) in August 2009.

Interview

It was an internal position that I applied for and interviewed with. I met the manager at some corporate conferences , but this experience put me in a disadvantage position as he thinks I'm not a fit for the job just because he had some general impression of me for being too quiet at the meetings that he went to, where we met. I only received a phone interview.

Senior Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Progress Energy in May 2009.

Interview

Was very structured and consistent. This was appreciated though as structure enables a fair comparison of candidates. Know their company values. Show enthusiasm and problem solving skills. Ability to work in a stressful environment with a diverse workforce is essential.

Interview Questions

• Here is an actual situation where an internal customer made an extraordinary request of the incumbent in this position. How would you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What would some of your former bosses say are your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Director of Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progress Energy in July 2010.

Interview

Contact with HR; then hiring manager and one other senior manager