Progress Rail Services

Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Progress Rail Services

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progress Rail Services.

I was interviewed by the manager of my department and HR. Hiring has to go through corporate after a canditate is chosen. Its a long process. Drug screenings, a lot of paperwork, and background checks are needed before you are allowed to start. Process from start to finish was about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions asked, best thing to do is prepare yourself with answers in advance   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Carman IV Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progress Rail Services.

This interview was conducted by the Local manager and HR rep separately. It was a very traditional interview with the usual basic question and answer format. Be prepared to have at least one example of being safety conscious and what would you do if in a certain bad safety situation.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to explain how you would handle safety related incidents.   Answer Question
    NONE flat starting rate of $13.10 take it or leave it.

Human Resources Data Administrative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Progress Rail Services in September 2010.

1st interview was about an hour long. I was interviewed by two people for about 30 minutes. I was asked to come back the following week. They told me that they had chosen me and one other candidate to interview once more. I was interviewed again and asked about my Peoplesoft skills. I was then taken to one of the manager's office and talked with him for a bit. Then, I was brought into a large room where several ladies worked (and would be my coworkers). Met with them for a bit and they showed me a few things that they did. I left and several days later they told me that they had decided on another candidate because I had a teaching background and they were afraid I would leave because I had went to school to become a teacher. About a month later, they called me back again to see if I might be interested in another interview. I declined.

Management Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Progress Rail Services in June 2011.

HR person was pleasant and professional at all times, 2 of the 3 members of the panel were over 45 minutes late to the interview and all they ever said when they got there is "Are you a team player?" Drug test, physical and background check were routine and as standard as they are for any typical job. Position and current status of the role was misrepresented and oversold.

Perpective candidates: ask A LOT of questions. Ask for a JOB DESCRIPTION, ask for expectations of the role...and make sure EVERYONE answers you.