Progress Software

Progress Software Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progress Software.

I applied online and I got a call from the HR. They scheduled a phone interview with the team lead. Strictly technical questions. Then they called me for onsite interview. I was interviewed with 3 people in the team. They asked technical and behavioral questions. It was an hour long interview. Then I had a half an hour interview with HR, Team manager and the director of the team individually. It was all behavioral questions. Then I met team lead for lunch. It was a good experience. I really the liked the team and the working environment.

Interview Questions
    • 1.Mostly Database queries and perl script
      2. How did you handle a difficult customer?

Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Progress Software.

Had 2 phone interviews. Called to go back to Progress Software for a interview round with 4 different company employees. Thought the interview went well, really personable and nice.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progress Software.

I had 4 rounds of interview starting from pre-screening till salary negotiation by the hiring manager. The process was bit slow as the interviewing persons were very busy with their schedules. I understood it once I got into the team.

Interview Questions
    • Everything they asked were practical questions in lay man terms. I would not the interview was very difficult, but you need real experience to answer it.   Answer Question
    They are pretty reasonable and meet the industry standards

Software Engineer Entry Level Interview

HR phone interview then on site

QA Engineer Interview

3 hours interview, ask very basic questions about java and database and some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think their product can compete against those free products?Why do you think clients are willing to buy it?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progress Software.

Got contact directly by HR, phone screen, meeting type interview, another interview with managers, and week after I got offer

Interview Questions
    • Lost of open questions directly related to technical skills and enterprise support customer relationship and behavior.   View Answer
    Got offer along with sign up bonus. They were able, by the time, to accept a counter offer. They are flexible if possible.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Progress Software in February 2013.

It was a 3 hours interview. I went to the progress software in Morrisville. I thought interviewers will ask me to code. But actually, other than the questions about my resume and a few technical questions, they asked me many basic questions, such as describe yourself, what is your weakness. The people there were nice.

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference between computer science and computer engineering   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Progress Software in March 2011.

It was very slow and they never managed your expectations about the process...when they told me I was not the right fit they were pretty rude about the reason they didn't want me..poor taste

Marketing Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Progress Software in November 2009.

Interview over the phone in my opinion It was a very good match. After the first interview they went silent I ping them a few time and got nothing pack. A contact inside told me they promote someone internally for the position.

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Progress Software.

First round is Telephonic..Very basic questions on Testing..Offered flight tickets for F2F rounds..2nd round taken by Architect(12+years) , i was asked more on Java and some Manual concepts and 3rd taken by Manager..asked only on Java..

They are looking more on JAVA than selenium.(no questions on selenium)

Interview Questions
    • Write a method which has to take char array as input and reverse those in body return the same char array...   Answer Question