Progress Software

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progress Software.

Interview Details – I had 4 rounds of interview starting from pre-screening till salary negotiation by the hiring manager. The process was bit slow as the interviewing persons were very busy with their schedules. I understood it once I got into the team.

Interview Question – Everything they asked were practical questions in lay man terms. I would not the interview was very difficult, but you need real experience to answer it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are pretty reasonable and meet the industry standards

Software Engineer Entry Level Interview

Software Engineer Entry Level

Interviewed at Progress Software

Interview Details – HR phone interview then on site

Interview Question – normal interview questions   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer

Interviewed at Progress Software

Interview Details – 3 hours interview, ask very basic questions about java and database and some behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Why do you think their product can compete against those free products?Why do you think clients are willing to buy it?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Chelmsford, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progress Software.

Interview Details – Got contact directly by HR, phone screen, meeting type interview, another interview with managers, and week after I got offer

Interview Question – Lost of open questions directly related to technical skills and enterprise support customer relationship and behavior.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Got offer along with sign up bonus. They were able, by the time, to accept a counter offer. They are flexible if possible.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Morrisville, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Progress Software in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was a 3 hours interview. I went to the progress software in Morrisville. I thought interviewers will ask me to code. But actually, other than the questions about my resume and a few technical questions, they asked me many basic questions, such as describe yourself, what is your weakness. The people there were nice.

Interview Question – what is the difference between computer science and computer engineering   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
Bedford, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Progress Software in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was very slow and they never managed your expectations about the process...when they told me I was not the right fit they were pretty rude about the reason they didn't want me..poor taste

Interview Question – something you were not proud of in your career   Answer Question

Marketing Operations Interview

Marketing Operations
Burlington, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Progress Software in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interview over the phone in my opinion It was a very good match. After the first interview they went silent I ping them a few time and got nothing pack. A contact inside told me they promote someone internally for the position.

Interview Question – How do you keep your team motivated   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Progress Software in May 2013.

Interview Details – Written (Aptitude + Programming) then back to back 3 Interviews

Interview Question – puzzles in interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation work culture and work they do is really good and I learnt a lot working there during internship

Very Easy Interview

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progress Software in August 2011.

Interview Details – Excellent follow up in hiring and joining day is fablous. they really respect people and help them in joining

Interview Question – not tricky straight forward questions which are needed   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progress Software in April 2013.

Interview Details – There were two sets of interview - Written and Fact-toFace.

The written interview was conducted at their office itself. It was a 2-3 hour long test. The paper consisted of three sections - Aptitude, Objective question based language of your preference and Code Writing. The aptitude part had some good objective as well as written questions. The objective questions had no negative marking and the written ones required a small explanation along with the answer.

The second section had standard questions like tell what happens when you compile the code or run it, find the error in the code, etc.

The last section required you to write three coding questions which were pretty simple and straightforward. One good thing was that we were given a mango drink along with some snacks as the test was in the evening.

After getting selected in the written round I was called for the interview at the office after a week or so. My interviewer was pretty friendly. I was asked questions on what kind of work have I done and which language was I comfortable with and what projects had I done based on my CV. I was asked to recreate one of the coding questions from the paper based on linked list. After doing that I was asked to modify it into a recursive solution which I was unable to do properly.Another question was on creating queue using linked list. (I was writing the code on a board). The interview took almost an hour and after that I asked from the contact(HR) to give me permission to leave as I had some other important work to attend to. They called me that day itself , when I was free, to tell me the next interview would be tomorrow later. The next day I expected a detailed technical interview but I was a simple and short interview about what kind of stuff I like to do and what I might possibly be working on.

I'll be listing some question that I think would be helpful.( I may not be able to recreate the exact question but I will give a jist of them.)

Note:- some people had been called for interview earlier also but they were asked totally different type of questions in the interview like puzzle based questions. Also they had total 3 interviews as compared to 2 for me and others on that day.

Interview Questions

• (Aptitude)Tell min. no. of races to find out 3 fastest horses out of 25 if you don'y have a stopwatch. You can race 5 in one race   View Answer
  • (Puzzle - not asked to me but to others) Burning rope. A non -uniform rope burn fully in 1 hour. You have two ropes and have to measure 45 minutes. You also have a lighter   View Answers (2)
  • (Objective Code Snippets) Tell what happens when you compile the given code.   View Answer
  • (Write Code)
    1. Reverse a Linked List
    1.Find angle between hour and minute hands of clock
    2.Cut a cake into 8 pieces if you can make only 3 cuts
      View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Progress Software

Worked for Progress Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Progress Software interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Progress Software employees and interview candidates.