Progressive Business Publications

Updated May 10, 2014
11 interviews

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Business Publications in February 2009.

I was so white-knuckled going into the interviews that it's a little hard to recall specifics. They cut me some slack for the nervousness but kept calling me back for additional interviews when there was nothing new to say. I got the impression that they really didn't have the expertise to evaluate my skills.

Interview Questions
    I lowballed myself on the salary requirements part of their application. When I tried to negotiate up, the HR Manager told me that if I requested a higher salary, he would rescind the job offer. I later learned that others at my level received similar salaries, so I was not that bad off, relatively speaking.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Business Publications in August 2012.

Great process...very fair and thorough.

Interview Questions
    • Not a question, per se, but I had an involved project I had to complete.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Business Publications in April 2013.

You will be asked to fill out a survey in advance of the first interview. If you pass the first interview, there will be a couple of tests, including a writing test. Candidates who pass these tests are calling in for a second interview. Both in-peron interviews will last approximately one hour.

Entry Level Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Malvern, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Business Publications in November 2013.

Contacted in late October about coming in for interview. Set up interview for early November. Interview lasted an hour, before being moved to another interview for another hour-long question session. Three individuals I interviewed for were nice, interesting people who worked at Progressive Business Publications to support their real writing passions. Deep looks of longing and heavy sighs complemented my questions of how much they enjoyed their time spent at PBP. Nobody works here for the betterment of the company.

After this initial interview, I spent three weeks working on a 200-word assignment. This was not due to my own editing process, but because of the time PBP spent critiquing the assignment and interviewing candidates. I realize the vetting process must be thorough, but three weeks to critique a 200 word assignment is an unfair and unprofessional way to string along prospective employees. I met the standards PBP required for the assignment and scheduled another interview for a week prior to Thanksgiving.

At this final interview, I was asked why I wanted to work at PBP and why my background in journalism met their standards. I gave the "correct" answers and hate myself for it. I spoke of "great reputations" and "charismatic employees" when, in reality, the past month of waiting and critiquing allowed for extensive Googling and research on PBP.

Please, for your sanity and morals, Google "PBP scam." A world of F's and complaints from the BBB, Ripoff Report and consumer affairs awaits you.

(Initially contacted on October 25th. Found out I did not receive job this past week.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Howland Corners, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Howland Corners, OH

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Progressive Business Publications in March 2014.

Interviewing... call the number and based upon how you sound you may or may not be asked in for interview. I have learned that if you are not hired on the spot with a start day upon leaving interview, you are not being considered.

Interview Questions
    They offer their base rate (7.95) and commission based on performance. Its a take it or leave it deal.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Business Publications in February 2014.

Submitted resume via job site, had phone screen and did online survey. Was called for interview, did another assessment test while there. Tag team interview was comfortable and focused on handling real situations and my experiences, no crazy questions.

No negotiation or very little, they were flexible on some pre-planned family events and vacation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wyomissing, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyomissing, PA

The Interview process took 2 Days, and the process was pretty straight forward. The interview was very relaxed and professional, and the Office appeared to have a high energy, fun culture.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Meadville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meadville, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Progressive Business Publications.

It's a nice interview process you are asked to read a few pamphlets about the company and then you meet with the manager and they give you more detail about the company and job itself.

Interview Questions
    • What the biggest challenge of the job would be?   View Answer
    I worked as a happy employee for quite a few years before the management offer so not much negotiation was needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Progressive Business Publications in September 2009.

It was very unprofessional in nature. I was asked my age right out of the gate which really took me by surprise to be quite honest. i was also asked whether or not i was married and had children to "check if i was eligable for their benefit plan"? the conference room in which i was interviewed had various board games laying around and was just a mess. The people were not very friendly at all and seemed as if they really didnt want to be there.

i was unable to negotiate my pay. i was told what my pay would be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Altoona, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Progressive Business Publications in June 2012.

Saw an ad in the paper asking for outgoing people who were able to communicate well with others. Part of the ad that was appealing to myself was that I could make my own schedule, with no nights or weekends, and I could earn $12/hr within the first month. I called and was immediately granted an interview for the next day and was hired upon completing the interview and started the next week.

No negotiation.

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!