Progressive Business Publications Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Progressive Business Publications.

Interview

First, you talk with a recruiter about basic information. Then he/she will take u to a meeting room to do a test, including verb, logic and math problems. After this you are going to meet with the people from accounting department. They will ask u some accounting related questions but it's pretty easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Altoona, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

Saw an ad in the paper asking for outgoing people who were able to communicate well with others. Part of the ad that was appealing to myself was that I could make my own schedule, with no nights or weekends, and I could earn $12/hr within the first month. I called and was immediately granted an interview for the next day and was hired upon completing the interview and started the next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in September 2009.

Interview

It was very unprofessional in nature. I was asked my age right out of the gate which really took me by surprise to be quite honest. i was also asked whether or not i was married and had children to "check if i was eligable for their benefit plan"? the conference room in which i was interviewed had various board games laying around and was just a mess. The people were not very friendly at all and seemed as if they really didnt want to be there.

Negotiation

i was unable to negotiate my pay. i was told what my pay would be.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very simple interview process. Got called in from my college that PBP wanted to reach out to me after submitting my application. After receiving an email from them i had a phone interview than was brought in for a normal in person interview. Went very well. Behavioral questions mostly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyomissing, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Wyomissing, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

The Interview process took 2 Days, and the process was pretty straight forward. The interview was very relaxed and professional, and the Office appeared to have a high energy, fun culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Howland Corners, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Howland Corners, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewing... call the number and based upon how you sound you may or may not be asked in for interview. I have learned that if you are not hired on the spot with a start day upon leaving interview, you are not being considered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offer their base rate (7.95) and commission based on performance. Its a take it or leave it deal.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Bensalem, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Everyone looked so happy! Either they had too much coffee or this is a great company to work for. Scheduling flexibility was a plus for me. Benefit package looked attractive. I guess I'll find out soon if they are authentic

Interview Questions

• what would you find challenging working at the call center?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiations. You get a base hrly. You can make $10-$20 an hr based on how well you do.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Progressive Business Publications.

Interview

Very professional and friendly. They reviewed my past experience and asked many questions about the skills I learned in those jobs. I interviewed with several people and they shared how the company functioned and what motivated employees. I found the experience to be positive and give me a good sense of the responsibilities and the team environment I would be working in.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meadville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Meadville, PA).

Interview

It's a nice interview process you are asked to read a few pamphlets about the company and then you meet with the manager and they give you more detail about the company and job itself.

Interview Questions

• What the biggest challenge of the job would be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I worked as a happy employee for quite a few years before the management offer so not much negotiation was needed.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume via job site, had phone screen and did online survey. Was called for interview, did another assessment test while there. Tag team interview was comfortable and focused on handling real situations and my experiences, no crazy questions.

Negotiation

No negotiation or very little, they were flexible on some pre-planned family events and vacation.