Progressive Business Publications Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume via job site, had phone screen and did online survey. Was called for interview, did another assessment test while there. Tag team interview was comfortable and focused on handling real situations and my experiences, no crazy questions.

Negotiation

No negotiation or very little, they were flexible on some pre-planned family events and vacation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

Great process...very fair and thorough.

Interview Questions

• Not a question, per se, but I had an involved project I had to complete.   Answer Question

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in February 2009.

Interview

I was so white-knuckled going into the interviews that it's a little hard to recall specifics. They cut me some slack for the nervousness but kept calling me back for additional interviews when there was nothing new to say. I got the impression that they really didn't have the expertise to evaluate my skills.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about PBP?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I lowballed myself on the salary requirements part of their application. When I tried to negotiate up, the HR Manager told me that if I requested a higher salary, he would rescind the job offer. I later learned that others at my level received similar salaries, so I was not that bad off, relatively speaking.

Entry Level Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Contacted in late October about coming in for interview. Set up interview for early November. Interview lasted an hour, before being moved to another interview for another hour-long question session. Three individuals I interviewed for were nice, interesting people who worked at Progressive Business Publications to support their real writing passions. Deep looks of longing and heavy sighs complemented my questions of how much they enjoyed their time spent at PBP. Nobody works here for the betterment of the company. After this initial interview, I spent three weeks working on a 200-word assignment. This was not due to my own editing process, but because of the time PBP spent critiquing the assignment and interviewing candidates. I realize the vetting process must be thorough, but three weeks to critique a 200 word assignment is an unfair and unprofessional way to string along prospective employees. I met the standards PBP required for the assignment and scheduled another interview for a week prior to Thanksgiving. At this final interview, I was asked why I wanted to work at PBP and why my background in journalism met their standards. I gave the "correct" answers and hate myself for it. I spoke of "great reputations" and "charismatic employees" when, in reality, the past month of waiting and critiquing allowed for extensive Googling and research on PBP. Please, for your sanity and morals, Google "PBP scam." A world of F's and complaints from the BBB, Ripoff Report and consumer affairs awaits you. (Initially contacted on October 25th. Found out I did not receive job this past week.)

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Business Publications (Malvern, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

You will be asked to fill out a survey in advance of the first interview. If you pass the first interview, there will be a couple of tests, including a writing test. Candidates who pass these tests are calling in for a second interview. Both in-peron interviews will last approximately one hour.

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Interview

Applied online. I was called a few days later for an interview. I interviewed with meanest person who ever took a breath of life. It was the 2nd interview I'd ever had in my life. I'd only been at one company but was fortunate enough to have had two jobs there. When I asked about my experience I started with my 1st job, not my current one. When I got done he screamed " what the **** does that have to do with anything." Omg! When I was done being berated by him, I interviewed with a much nicer person. I'm grateful I didn't get the job. Company is a hot mess.