Progressive Business Publications
www.pbp.com Malvern, PA 500 to 999 Employees

Progressive Business Publications Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Howland Corners, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Progressive Business Publications in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewing... call the number and based upon how you sound you may or may not be asked in for interview. I have learned that if you are not hired on the spot with a start day upon leaving interview, you are not being considered.

Interview Question – Standard questions. Nothing to be feared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offer their base rate (7.95) and commission based on performance. Its a take it or leave it deal.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative
Malvern, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Progressive Business Publications in September 2009.

Interview Details – It was very unprofessional in nature. I was asked my age right out of the gate which really took me by surprise to be quite honest. i was also asked whether or not i was married and had children to "check if i was eligable for their benefit plan"? the conference room in which i was interviewed had various board games laying around and was just a mess. The people were not very friendly at all and seemed as if they really didnt want to be there.

Negotiation Details – i was unable to negotiate my pay. i was told what my pay would be.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative
Altoona, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Progressive Business Publications in June 2012.

Interview Details – Saw an ad in the paper asking for outgoing people who were able to communicate well with others. Part of the ad that was appealing to myself was that I could make my own schedule, with no nights or weekends, and I could earn $12/hr within the first month. I called and was immediately granted an interview for the next day and was hired upon completing the interview and started the next week.

Interview Question – How do you deal with constant rejection?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Progressive Business Publications Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Progressive Business Publications employees and interview candidates.