Progressive Insurance

3.4

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Applied and had the phone interview within 2 weeks. The online assessment was about the same as other companies. After taking the assessment I was emailed saying that I passed and will be getting another email to set up the phone interview. The recruiter called on time and the process took about 25 minutes. She said she needed to talk to two other people and would get back with me by Friday.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time were you went above and beyond for a customer and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

I applied through their website about 3 weeks ago and completed the test. The next day I received an email to schedule the phone interview. I had the phone interview the following week...fairly easy...the recruiter was really nice and made the whole interview conversational. It took about an hour to finish...she told me right there and then that she would really like for me to move on to the face to face interview. She told me I would receive an email to set up a date and time.

Shortly after she sent me a day and time slots I could interview in...also I received the request for the background exam.

Today I had the face to face...the interviewer was extremely nice and gave me information about what they were looking for in a candidate.

Overall I think the interview went great...he said I was the first to interview out of 6 people...that I would be contacted next week after the interviews were over to see if I would receive an offer or not. I hope I do. I will update this when I find out.

UPDATE

A week and a half after my interview I have received an offer. And I accepted it... I start in two weeks. They let you give a two week notice from your current job which is awesome of them!

Interview Questions
    • What processes or procedures have you impacted with your current employer?

**Not difficult to answer but a little unexpected** As a manager, what is your work ethic and what do you expect from your employees?

Answer Question

Progressive Insurance Response

Nov 6, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for providing such detailed feedback about our process. Welcome to the Progressive family! –KH, Recruiting

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2014.

Regretfully, I didn't get it, but they kept me posted and was very kind. Actually im a little rusty with my typing but when I get my speed back I will reapply.

Interview Questions
    • How much experience have I had in customer service. Times and dates.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2014.

I initially applied online on progressive's website. I received an email the very next day, stating I met the qualifications they wanted to move forward and sent me a link to take an assessment test. I took the test, it was a timed test with basic arithmetic and a few customer service based questions. I completed the assessment, again the next day they sent another email stating they wanted to move forward with a phone interview and sent me a link to schedule my phone interview. There was only one day to choose from for the phone interview, so I had to arrange time around my current job to actually have the phone interview. The interview was the next week, they called about 5 minutes after the specified time, it lasted about 20 minutes, it consisted pretty much of all STAR questions. I felt really prepared because I studied a lot of different STAR questions prior, I asked her when I should expect to hear back from her, she stated 48 business hours even if they did not want to consider me, they will still contact me to let me know. The next day I received an email stating they wanted to move forward, sent me a link to complete the application and called me to schedule a face to face final interview that will be done by two different individuals. After I scheduled my interview, they sent me a link to for the back ground information, to be done by a company called hire right. That is as far as I've gotten so far my interview is tomorrow, it has been 2 weeks since my phone interview. Overall, so far it has been about a 3 week process.

Claims Customer Service Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2014.

I applied for a job that was posted on Feb 28, and was contacted in the first week of March to take an online assessment of my skills and personality. I found out one day later, via email, that I had passed the assessment and would be contacted soon to set up a phone interview.

The following Monday (I found out about the exam on Friday) I was invited to set up an appointment for a phone interview. The cool thing about the phone interview schedule is that I was able to set it up for 7 AM (CST) -- this made it easy for me to participate in the phone interview without having to go in late to work or take an indeterminate amount of time for lunch.

I had the phone interview at the appointed time, and was given very positive feedback on the results. The format was a bit more informal than that of my in-person interview, which was conducted a few days later. This took a little over two hours, and I met with two managers who asked me a series of STAR format questions. It was sometimes a little difficult to gauge their reactions since they were busy writing down pretty much every word I said, but I was able to establish a rapport with each of them in turn.

My in-person interview was on a Tuesday, and I was contacted the following Thursday (March 20th) and told that Progressive was prepared to offer me the position. The only catch was that the hiring date was set at March 31st. This would not give me enough time to allow my current employer two weeks' notice before my departure, but the compensation was too good to pass up in lieu of not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings, so I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you have been given criticism by a supervisor that you did not agree with. How did you respond?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The starting wage was well beyond what I was previously making, and was advertised clearly in the job posting.

Customer Service Representative - Commercial Lines Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in February 2014.

Step 1: APPLYING: I want to start out by saying that I, like many others, applied at Progressive over and over,to no avail. So I gave up, and figured that they were just not looking for someone like me. Well, I kept seeing people that I knew get the job, and thought "No, Im just as good as them" So I got my resume together, put together a cover letter, along with a letter of recommendation from my supervisor, and put in another application... Which was denied. So I waited a few months and E-Mailed a recruiter the same information. Well eventually she read my email, and sent me back the assesment! I was so thrilled, that was the furthest I had gotten!

Step 2: ASSESMENT: Well, now that I finally got my chance to get my foot in the door at Progressive I was not going to slip up, so I researched the kind of assesments they use, found if online (a version of it at least) and studied it. They asked alot of common sense questions, time questions, and graphs. Small amounts of basic math, and reasoning. I was worried because, I kept hearing that there were alot of math questions, and seeing that others failed it, but it was actually VERY easy. Don't sweat it. About a day after the assesment, she emailed me saying that I would be contacted for a phone interview!

Step 3: PHONE INTERVIEW: Now this is where you need to get ready to really shine. There website has so much information about the job descriptions, company policies and work culture, you should use this to your advantage! Like many employers, they are going to interview you using the STAR method (Google it!). I cannot stress enough, use your resources. If you take the time out to get informaton about the company it looks really good! For my round of hiring, they outsourced Ranstdat to do the interviews. This may,or may not be an advantage, because the person isn't actually a recruiter for Progressive, but they are a professional recruiter. I did my interview early in the morning, truthfully because if my interviewer was a little groggy (which she was, she yawned during my interview) then I figured maybe she would give me a little less of a hard time, as someone who is alert would. After I finished my interview, I asked questions (as you always should) and wrapped up. I recieved a call from an actual Progressive recruiter about a day later, asking to set up and In-Person Interview.

Step 4: Here we are, the final step. Pretty much the same as the previous step, except your going to have to interview with two people. This was by far my favorite step. The interviewers that I had were extremely easy going, they let me know exactly how they were going to ask the question, and EXACTLY how they want it answered. They also had a segment where I had to sit with a tenured agent while she was taking calls. Some tips: Have a personality!, Smile, Take Notes, Ask Questions, and answer in STAR format. If you do this, and act like you have common sense, you will be fine. It took almost a week to get an answer.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time that you made a mistake, and how did you correct it?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. They pay pretty well so,I was satisfied.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in February 2014.

1) Fill out Application, 2) Pass Assessment Test, 3) Accept and Complete Phone Interview, 4) Complete HireRight Employment Verification Check, 5) Complete Progressive's Criminal Background Check, 6)Accept and Complete a Satisfactory 1-day On-Site Interview with 2 Separate Supervisors **Expect to answer questions related to 1 specific call**, 7) If Offered a Position, ACCEPT THE JOB!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were assisting a customer on a situation that changed the way you thought about the company.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you failed to provide the correct solution for a customer. What did you did to correct the issue?   View Answer
    • How do you handle calls from customers that seem to be unsatisfied with everything offered?   View Answer
    We negotiated on a schedule that would still work for me.

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in February 2014.

Applied online. Received an email a few dayys later to take an online test. Had a phone interview for about an hour the lady was very nice. I admitted to her that I had been fired from a job in the past and that it was my fault because of personal issues, yet when I got to the in oerson interview I was asked about it two more times from the other two interviewers and by that time I started to get a bit upset and frustrated because its hard for me to talk abooit that time in my life and either they dont communicate with eachother or they were just trying to get more information which makes no sense because I could have very wel lied about it. As son as I walked in I felt uncomfortable. The atmosphere was kind of fake and unwelcoming. The first lady was nice and asked a round of behavioral questions. The second girl came in and did the same except she frustrated me because she was half listening to my answers and trying to write when she should have been listening so she would look up and ask me for example " and what resulted from that? When I had just told her. Also when she was trying to understand an answer she would look at you face wrinkled up all crazy and made me feel uncomfortable and stupid. In mu opinion she had no business doing interviews and by that time I was ready to just go lol. They were the STAR format and it was maybe 10 or 12 each recruiter. Some of them were difficult only because they didnt apply to me and I would have had to have made up an answer which I was not going to do so basically they are just looking for liars and not honest people like they say. And they make u start a background check BEFORE you even get a job offer or your first interview which is silly because they tried to make me obtain all this employment verification and such for no reason. It was very much a waste of time and given the atmosphere I dont think I would have been happy there but im sure its a great place to work for some people.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview was long but no different from any other interview. Be sure to do some research on the company that will help you to assure a spot. They will conduct a phone interview first and if you are good to go they will conduct an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Like I mentioned before research the company and see what they are about and benefits they provide you.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2013.

STAR process