Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Progressive Insurance
- Claims Adjuster (73)
- Claims Adjuster Trainee (61)
- Customer Service Representative (59)
- Claims Generalist (19)
- Claims Representative (17)
- Inside Sales Representative (11)
- Claims Generalist Trainee (11)
- Claims Customer Service Representative (8)
- Claims Service Representative (7)
- IT Operations Analyst (5)
- Direct Sales Representative (5)
- Data Analyst (5)
- Recruiter (4)
- Medical Claims Representative (4)
- Marketing Sales Representative (4)
- Customer Service Associate (4)
- IT Applications Programmer (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Managed Repair Representative (3)
- Claims Trainee (3)
- Claims Generalist Intermediate (2)
- Actuarial Analyst (2)
- Auto Damage Appraiser (2)
- IT Manager (2)
- IT Intern (2)
- IT Applications Programmer Senior (2)
- Senior Customer Service Representative (2)
- Data Analyst II (2)
- Data Analyst III (2)
- Sales (2)
1 person found this helpful
Bilingual Customer Service Representative Call Center Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2012.
I found this hiring process to be extensive, strenuous, and tedious however, is simply because they are looking for the "RIGHT FIT". I applied online and within 14 hrs. I received an email with a link to take the online assessments e.g. pie charts, bar graphs, and IQ and Personality Test. Within 24 hrs., I received another email advising that I had passed the test and to wait for the call from a recruiter to follow. Next, I received a call within 24 hrs. to set up the phone interview. A week later, I interviewed with one of the Hiring Manager from the East Coast. The interview was about an hour exactly to include all behavioral questions and additional ones.
I was informed a week later by the recruiter from my area and through an email that I had passed to the next part of the hiring process and also, the on-site interview at this point was scheduled for one week later.
The Hiring Manager advised me that I will be receiving additional links and someone will be in contact with me in regards to this. Indeed, additional Taleo Staff called me to explain what these links were all about.
Exactly within 24 hrs, I received another link to complete the second half of Progressive's "Employment Application" and another link for "Background Check including Education, Employment history and Criminal from HIRERIGHT.
I fully prepared myself by giving my previous employers a heads up that HIRERIGHT was going to call and just to be prepared to return the phone call if they were not available. Also, I let them know of the urgency and the importance of the CALL. The feedback I received from my previous employers ranged from employment history e.g. dates, titles, commission, salary, and hourly wages, to would you recommend her to an employer?, tell us why? What were her responsibilities? Why was the reason she left? Would you rehire her?.
A week later, I went to the on-site interview where I was interviewed by a young lady who happens to be a supervisor and an older lady who happened to be a manager. These interviews were back to back, 2 hrs. long, where I was asked behavioral interviewing questions and conflict/ resolution questions to see how I would be approach and resolve any given altercation situations. Moreover, I was paired up with one of their associates at the calling center and that in itself was very interesting. Exactly, 30 minutes later, the young lady supervisor came and walked me out. She advised me that they will be comparing notes and review my answers as a team and make a decision accordingly. In addition, she said to expect a call from the recruiter early in the week. Unfortunately, recruiter has called me twice and I have missed the calls. I have returned the call however, I am still waiting for a phone call back again. This is what has transpired in the 48 hrs.
- What did you like most about this job? What did you like least about this job? Answer Question
- How long would you say "is adequate time" to stay at the position you have applied for before you would try to move up positions within our organization? and what steps will you take to do it? Answer Question