Progressive Insurance CLaims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.3

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

First phone call Then computer personality exam Then inperson interview They will review your referrals listed and conduct a background check. Once you clear, then they make an offer. If accepted, you have yo go to 2 week in office training then 2 weeks in phoenix or cleveland oh.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a mistake and what did you do about it?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

So far the interview process has been very transparent. I have the ability to check my application status on their application website and it's updated real time. I applied online and the following day I received an email with a link for an online assessment. Two days later I received an email advising me that I had passed the assessment and invited me to schedule a date and time for a phone interview. I scheduled the interview for the following week. The phone interview was about 9 or 10 STAR questions preceded with questions about why I want to work for Progressive, and what I know about the company. When the phone interview concluded. the interviewer thanked me and told me they would be in contact with me. I felt the interview went well up until that point as those aren't the words anyone wants to hear during an interview. I was anxious and kept checking the status on their applicant website which stated that I was still at the phone interview stage.I hadn't received any emails so I checked the website again 4 hours later and was happy to find that the status had changed to "in person interview." I then checked my email spam folder and realized that I did in fact receive an email with a formal request for a background check. I submitted that, and the following day received another email inviting me to schedule an in person interview. I am currently awaiting my in person interview which will be at the end of this week. The company is very detail oriented and it is well reflected in their interview process. A company who is committed to keeping their employees involved and informed from the point of candidacy speaks volumes of their character. I am looking forward to the interview and being part of such positive culture.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2015.

Interview

06/08/15- applied 06/17/15- online assessment/ skills test 06/26/15- phone interview 06/29/15- background check initiated 07/01/15- manager interview 07/08/15- background check complete and job offer accepted Progressive will be the first to tell you their recruitment process is more extensive than that of most companies. Overall I was highly impressed with the process. They really take the time to get a feel for you as an actual PERSON, which is rather unique for such a large corporation. But they want to make sure you're a good fit and have the skills necessary to succeed in the position. As most of the other reviews have mentioned, answers to interview questions should follow the S.T.A.R. format (situation, task, action, result). The best way to prepare for these questions is NOT to have canned responses memorized because you won't know which questions will be asked. Rather, just think back on your work history and be prepared to discuss specific situations within the framework of behavioral situations- ie working in teams, responding to and resolving conflict, coping with unreasonable people, etc. Plan for about an hour long phone interview and at least an hour if you're selected for an in-person interview. My in-person interview was a very positive experience. I met one-on-one with the managing director of the entire claims office. There were the expected STAR questions along with a general 'why Progressive' at the beginning, but as the interview moved forward, it began to feel like more of a conversation. I related quite well to the director and was given an opportunity to ask questions at the conclusion of the interview. The director was extremely thorough in answering all of my questions. The ONLY frustrating thing about the process for me was the fact that Progressive uses HireRight for background screens (at least for certain positions). The process took SEVEN full working days. Typical turnaround time for a bg check is 2-4 days! It was a nerve racking week to say the least, but the recruiter called to touch base with me every few days and was very helpful. Finally the clouds parted and I was ecstatic when I got the call yesterday offering me the job at the top end of the salary range they had provided earlier. I cannot wait to start a long-term career at Progressive!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you should have made a decision to address a problem but you ended up not making any decision. What were the ramifications?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to monitor others' performances because they were tied to your success.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a customer/ client made what you considered to be an unreasonable request. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Progressive Insurance Response

Jul 14, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

First, we just wanted to say welcome to the team! Thank you so much for the feedback and detailed advice about interviewing. We hope it helps other candidates who are interviewing with us. -KH ... More

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tallahassee, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Saw the position advertised through my college's career center and was excited to see an actual entry level position doing something interesting and well paying that was within my geographic limitations (can't move right now). Applied online and was initially impressed with how transparent they were about the process. I was pretty confident that I would at least make it to the second stage of the application process but when I received my first actual response from Progressive it was bad news. I was told that my application wasn't strong enough compared to other applications they had received. I was confused since I met or exceeded all the qualifications listed, and since the position I applied for was an entry level one. Hoping to contact and find out specifically where I had been out-competed to such an extent that it wasn't even worth it for Progressive to have me continue through the automated part of the application process I followed the instructions in the email for how to contact them. However this just led me to a page detailing the many ways to contact Progressive as a customer or prospective customer. It was extremely demoralizing to be immediately shut down when applying for an entry level position, and more so since there doesn't seem to be any way to get direct or constructive feedback from the recruiters. It's hard to stay optimistic when you can't even get your foot in the door for entry level positions. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to break into the labor market and start earning enough to live on, let alone find a career that is fulfilling and interesting.

Progressive Insurance Response

Jul 14, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

We appreciate you providing your feedback and perspective. If you'd like to talk further so we can look into this for you, email us at careers@progressive.com. -KH, Recruiting

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Richardson, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied, online assessment, phone interview, background check, and then face to face interview. Thought everything went great with face to face interview, but received a call the next day and was advised they went with someone who gave more customer service oriented answers to the star questions and someone that had claims experience, which make no sense as this is a trainee position.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Applied online, then I did a test online with lots math questions, then I got an emailed l saying to set a time for a phone interview with recruiter . I set the time and few days later this recruiter from a staffing agency call me. He acted like " know at all" and want sound Mr super smart on the phone. I completely dislike his attitude and at this point, I really didn't want connect anymore because any time that I always answers my questions I could sense his " whatever " on the other side of the line because he was interrupting me and acting like he was better than me because I'm just a " job seeker". I felt super humiliated and truly didn't really engage with this company. I give my heart and answer the questions as the best as possible but never again I will apply for this company. And these phone interviews are in no way shape or form a measurement to qualify a candidate. There are lots of phenomenal people out there ... Who's these careless recruiter don't pay attention because they think they're experts and when comes to to have the job done and been an excellent employee they miss many candidates . At the end of the phone call, I asked few questions he barely didn't want answer and said he would forward my resume to the hiring manager which I knew was crapola! I am glad I didn't get into this position because I saw the statics of retention for it and I just got my 2nd face-to- face interview with a wonderful company. Good luck all!

Interview Questions

• Why do want work for progressive?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Sacramento, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

After I submitted my resume, I received an email the next day to take the online assessment. Most of the assessment was behavioral questions which I tried to answer consistently. The rest were straightforward math/graph questions. The next day I got an email that I passed the assessment and would be getting a phone interview. It was a holiday weekend so it took several days schedule the interview. I picked the earliest time offered. Interview was about 40 minutes long. I got a lot of positive feedback from the recruiter so I think it went pretty well. He said I'll know within the next two days if I've make it to the next step in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake at your current job. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Maitland, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a test, then a phone interview then in person with a supervisor and a manager. Answer with STAR format if not you will not pass the interview. Real life experiences are needed. Use the website it properly prepares you!!! Real life experiences in STAR format!!!! Kelly Davis in Ohio was amazing she was very prompt and detailed and extremely friendly she and Kelly Buster and Amika are the another reason I wanted to work here they are friendly and welcoming, So excited to start my career I LOVE PROGRESSIVE!!!!!!

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Parsippany, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online 06/30. I received pre-employement assessment 07/12. I received my results on 7/13. Progressive requested a phone interview 07/14. I scheduled my interview 07/23. Recruiter promised me a decision within two business days. If selected to move on through the process, I will have to do a background check and one more face to face interview with recruiters at the office. I had a great experience with the phone interview today, and the recruiter really explained the position in a way that makes me even more excited at the possibility of working at Progressive. Personally, there is no best way to prepare for the interviews with behavioral questions. You just have to focus and be confident about your past experiences and just say it in the STAR format. I am looking forward to hopefully moving through the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to explain to a customer about your company's policies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Apply online, email for online testing, phone interview, on site interview, and then a call with the offer once the background check is complete. Once the phone interview was over, while she was still on the line with me, the recruiter emailed me the permission form for the background check and scheduled my in-person interview. When the in person interview finished, the manager told me I would hear from the recruiter in about a week. I got an offer by email and phone 8 days after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about your current job? Be specific and explain what changes you would make and what the result would be.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate my salary since this is an entry-level position. Not sure if you can or not. Be sure and go over the offer with your recruiter. Maybe I dropped the ball on negotiating salary?