Progressive Insurance Claim Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2014.

Applied online,rec'd email to take an online assessment, scheduled a phone interview, then an in person interview with one manager, background check, job offer was extended, negotiated and accepted

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you took a stance on a situation only to change your mind later.   View Answer
Received and offer exceeding the pay range for the position since I have multiple years experience with another company for insurance, I was able to negotiate for even more money.

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Claims Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2013.

They put you thru the ringer for an entry level job!! They have at least two phone screens before you can even meet with a live person. Then, you must give a ton of real world experiences to get you through the interview process. Very long process for an entry level job

Interview Questions
    No negotiation at all involved

Claims Representative Interview

interviewed at Progressive Insurance in April 2013.

After applying, you will receive a phone call to schedule a phone interview. After successfully passing the phone interview, you will receive another phone call to schedule a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions generally were the "Tell me about a time..." which was not too difficult since the answers were based on personal experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2010.

There were three interviews, the initial one took place over the phone. The next step is getting called in to come on-site and take a test, which consists of basic math and english questions which is hardly difficult. They also assess your personality at this time, if you want to pass you MUST be consistent. They throw the same question in a few pages apart so you must be focused and on top of your game. If you pass that part, you are invited back and are interviewed by three managers. They ask you the standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a disagreement or dispute with your boss and explain how you worked it out.   View Answer
    There was no negotiating, they advertised to fill a specific position with a specific salary which I accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Computerized Wonderlic test eliminates most. Follows phone, management and senior manager interviews. All questions are about past experiences. Tell me about a time when you could not meet your employer expectations? What happened? What did you do?

None. Progressive starts all employees at the same rate, no ability to negotiate.

Claims Representative Interview

Applied through online application. Process took 3+ weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Find someone that you know at the company. That is the easiest way to get in the door. After that, you will go through a phone interview and take a test for job fit. If you make it to the final round, expect a lot of situational based question looking forw specific examples. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a team or group that you worked with that was especially difficult? What made it difficult and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Very detailed, various queries as to why your the right candidate, your skills , your customer service point of view, and where to you see yourself in the future with this company.
    Ask questions, just as your being interviewed, your also interviewing your prospective employer. Get your interviewers number and follow up, show you have interest in the available position being offered.

Anonymous Employee  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2012.

I applied for the interview online. In about a week, I received an email requiring that I complete an online assessment. I got the results of which I had passed. I receive a call from a recruiter of whom scheduled the personality interview. The interview took about 40 mins.

Interview Questions
    • What can you present employer say about you? What are your weaknesses and how are you improving them? What is your present salary?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Iselin, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in September 2011.

-1 hour phone interview - they ask behavioral type questions
    -If you pass, you go to a meeting with a manager
    -If you pass this, you meet with a regional manager (very briefly) at which point you pretty much are guaranteed a job

Interview Questions
    • -Name a time you had to mediate conflict between a customer and your boss   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation - they presented at $45,000 and I did not complain.

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!