Progressive Insurance

Updated Nov 6, 2014

3.3

69 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Apply, phone interview,wonderlic test, in person interview. lots of situation, task, action, result questions or Star questions as they are sometimes called. Customer service skills are stressed and top priority during interview process.

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Claims Adjusters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

First there was the phone interview which went fairly well. I elaborated enough on answers that the recruiter didn't have to ask as many questions. It is important to ask a few questions of your own as well. One thing that I asked was about how many people they were looking to fill this position which was important to me bec it lets me know if I will have a good chance or not. I'm finding that there are many applying for the same job nowadays. The in person interview was a waste of time. I immediately felt like I was talking to myself and that the position was already filled. The phone interviewer followed up and asked if I would consider an out of state position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stands out. Pretty much the normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Had face-to-face interview. They said they would call back within a week, and they never called back. I had to call the recruiter multiple times to get feedback from my interview. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • If you could change one thing about your current position what would it be?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Found ad on craigslist, applied, took two different aptitude tests, phone interview. Basic questions most people should have no trouble with. Personality test as well, straight forward and pretty simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2014.

I initially applied online on progressive's website. I received an email the very next day, stating I met the qualifications they wanted to move forward and sent me a link to take an assessment test. I took the test, it was a timed test with basic arithmetic and a few customer service based questions. I completed the assessment, again the next day they sent another email stating they wanted to move forward with a phone interview and sent me a link to schedule my phone interview. There was only one day to choose from for the phone interview, so I had to arrange time around my current job to actually have the phone interview. The interview was the next week, they called about 5 minutes after the specified time, it lasted about 20 minutes, it consisted pretty much of all STAR questions. I felt really prepared because I studied a lot of different STAR questions prior, I asked her when I should expect to hear back from her, she stated 48 business hours even if they did not want to consider me, they will still contact me to let me know. The next day I received an email stating they wanted to move forward, sent me a link to complete the application and called me to schedule a face to face final interview that will be done by two different individuals. After I scheduled my interview, they sent me a link to for the back ground information, to be done by a company called hire right. That is as far as I've gotten so far my interview is tomorrow, it has been 2 weeks since my phone interview. Overall, so far it has been about a 3 week process.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Ask a lot of situational questions. Have specific examples prepared ahead of time. Customer service is a priority so a lot of questions focus on this area. Answers should be specific examples from previous work experiences

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you did something out of the ordinary for a customer.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Initial interview, then 2-3 person interview, final interview district manager. and skills test. The first interview was general in nature. The 2nd group interview was more intensive with questions about work situations in previous jobs, etc. If you pass the group interview, you are typically good to go,the final interview is more just to negotiate salary, go over which shift you will work, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation on your last job where you had a difficulty with a customer and how you resolved the situation. Name something you are not good at and how did you change it and become better at it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2014.

They have a long application process. I submitted the application in March and they made a decision mid May. Everyone in the interviewing process was friendly and helpful. It seemed like they all wanted to hire me. They told me that I would hear within 2 weeks after the final interview and I heard 17 days later. I felt that it was a straightforward process and quite enjoyable as far as interviews go.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't think any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. They use the STAR system of interviewing so if you understand that you will do fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in April 2014.

I applied online March 20, 2014 and the next day I was sent an email asking me to take an assessment test. I researched the test as thoroughly as I could online for 7 days, and I took the test the second to the last day I could. Progressive is very good in sending emails to remind you how many days you have left to take the assessment before you are taken out of the hiring process. The test is a basic IQ test with some behavioral questions. You are given 2 hours to complete the test but it took me about 40 minutes. The next day I was sent an email asking me to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. The email also has links to the Progressive career page informing you that the interview will be conducted in the STAR interview method. The link also had tips in how to answer the STAR questions. I scheduled the phone interview the following Thursday. I was called at precisely the time specified. The recruiter was extremely personable and explained what type of questions she would ask. We talked a bit about my education and experience. She asked me what I knew about the job and Progressive insurance. Be sure to research Progressive: core values, year founded, size etc. She then asked me about 8 questions in the STAR format. Be as concise as possible and tell them exactly what steps you took to handle an obstacle, goal, adversity, etc. I was sent an email the day after the phone interview stating they wanted me to come in for a in person interview, as well as completing a more thorough background questionnaire. Later that day HireRight sent me an email with a link asking me to fill out their background questionnaire. I filled out the questionnaire that evening and sent it off to HireRight. The following Tuesday the recruiter called me to give me an update about the hiring process and to give me feedback about my phone interview and tips on how to improve for my in person interview. The next week the recruiter called me to schedule the in person interview. I had the in person interview the next Thursday. The interview was in the same format as the phone interview. Both interviews took about an hour. I asked the hiring manager how I did and she told me "good, here is how you could have done better". I then thought "well that's it. I didn't get the job". The recruiter called me the next day at 9 am and told me the hiring manager was very impressed with me and she had a job offer pending passing the background. The recruiter called me a few hours later and told me my background had cleared and she had a firm job offer. I start May 19, 2014. Yay!!!������

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond what was expected? Tell me a time when you did not do your best and made a mistake at work and what became of the mistake?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Salary firm at $45K a year.

Claims Adjuster Interview

My situation may be different than some but I worked hard to get the interview and ace it. It took a decent amount of studying and brainstorming. So if you really want the job, be prepared to work for it.

I applied back in November. My resume is pretty detailed and strategically worded, so if you have a resume that just lists some skills and past work, I would change it. I had help from several people in HR depts. in different companies adjust and fine tune my resume. I would recommend networking and getting someone to do this. You might even get a free lunch out of it. ; ) Anyway... I was referred to the company by an employee and personal friend. That may have helped get my resume through the first elimination round. I completed the assessment right away (nothing difficult about that, only to weed out the dummies). They called to set up my phone interview within a couple of days.

The phone interview was with a recruiter who was very nice. Just asked a few questions about my previous work and school (going through my resume). I have background in retail as a manager and lots of customer service experience, which proved to be essential in the long run. She then explained a little bit about the position and asked my why I chose Progressive. This is where studying about the company helps. Answer it with things like, "I like their values" or "I like the Progressive Foundation" (be more specific than that). Don't answer with stupid stuff like "I like Flo." She then explained the behavioral interview questions and we started on those. They are behavioral questions, study how to properly respond, (you can google it) and think of lots of experiences in your past that may be useful. Do not rehearse answers! I took a nice black portfolio with me, it had a legal pad in it with about 20 possible answers in it. I only wrote down a "title" for each one, little key words to jog my memory if I needed. Do NOT write out your entire response. Anywho, after it was done, she told me right there that they would want to schedule a manager interview.

Manager interview was at the local office. Was not anything special, just more behavioral questions. We didn't talk long, I answered well but conversation didn't go great. The recruiter called a couple days later and told me I didn't get the job.

Two months later they were hiring again. I got fast tracked straight to the manager interview. I studied a lot for this one, I wasn't going to let it slip through my fingers again. I googled the interviewers name and found some useful information from their work history. It seems creepy, I know, but as long as you're not telling them what their favorite color is, they will see it as you put some time in your research. Again, behavioral interview questions. I used the same method(see above), but thanks to the help of friends, I focused more on conversation. Once again, I have history in retail and provided excellent customer service everyday. If you want this job, be an awesome employee at your current employer so you have experiences to talk about in your interview. If you are not currently working, find some volunteer work, with a non-profit or something. That's experience that they will consider.

Sorry it's so wordy, but if you're on here (glassdoor.com) like me, trying to figure out what's next in your interview process, I would want it to be detailed and helpful... I got the offer the second time around!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake.   View Answer