Progressive Insurance

Updated Jan 30, 2015

3.3

76 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

The questions were behavioral type questions which were situational in nature in hopes of trying to get you to express your ability to deal with stress and how you handle customers.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation when you had to tell a customer something he did not want to hear and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2015.

You gotta do test first. Test is some trend and behaviorial questions and you get a phone interview date and time. Interviewer was very rude and robotic. I felt like I was talking to a answering machine.

Interview Questions
    • Why this this position?
      Regular basic interview questions

Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

The steps in the Hiring and Interview process were as follows:
    1. Online Application (about an hour to complete)
    2. Online Assessments (Math, Psych, etc., very detailed)
    3. Phone Interview (STAR based questions, don't forget to do company research before this!)
    4. In-Person Interview (STAR based, RESEARCH, PREPARE, PRACTICE, AND RESEARCH!!!)

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Set salary based on educational attainment.

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online and received a phone interview, after the phone interview they contacted me to do an in person interview that would last approximately 2 hours. During the in person interview they also informed I would have the opportunity to speak with 2 different managers and that they would ask behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you took constructive criticism and how you learned from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Online application
    online test assessment
    phone interview
    person to person interview

For the phone interview really spend time reviewing the SMART question process which they will present to you. Make sure you are able to share past experiences at previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst customer experience you had and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Be yourself and focus on your customer service skills.

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Apply, phone interview,wonderlic test, in person interview. lots of situation, task, action, result questions or Star questions as they are sometimes called. Customer service skills are stressed and top priority during interview process.

Claims Adjusters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

First there was the phone interview which went fairly well. I elaborated enough on answers that the recruiter didn't have to ask as many questions. It is important to ask a few questions of your own as well. One thing that I asked was about how many people they were looking to fill this position which was important to me bec it lets me know if I will have a good chance or not. I'm finding that there are many applying for the same job nowadays. The in person interview was a waste of time. I immediately felt like I was talking to myself and that the position was already filled. The phone interviewer followed up and asked if I would consider an out of state position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stands out. Pretty much the normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2014.

The hiring process takes about a month. Phone interview then an in person on site interview within 2-3 weeks. Still awaiting the final call but I am pretty confident with my previous background in the same field. Email confirmation whenever you are moved forward. Overall the communication has been positive and timely.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond/Had a difficult customer/Worked with a problem employee, how did you approach it, what did you learn and what was the result.   View Answer

I accepted a better position at a different company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Had face-to-face interview. They said they would call back within a week, and they never called back. I had to call the recruiter multiple times to get feedback from my interview. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • If you could change one thing about your current position what would it be?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Found ad on craigslist, applied, took two different aptitude tests, phone interview. Basic questions most people should have no trouble with. Personality test as well, straight forward and pretty simple.