Progressive Insurance Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and within a few days I was sent an email stating that they wanted to schedule a phone interview. This was my second time interviewing with Progressive so I was already aware of the STAR interviewing. I scheduled my interview far enough out so that I would have time to research their interview questions and actually come up with the scenarios. My phone interview came and it was about 4 star questions, along with questions regarding my experience and why I wanted to work in a call center. The recruiter was really friendly, and stated she wanted me to go ahead and schedule an in person interview. I scheduled the interview for the following week, but decided to withdraw my application the day before.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (New Hyde Park, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Online assessment. Be honest with your answers. Take your time.
    2. Phone interview- All behavioral questions about 7-8.
    3. In-person Interview- More behavioral questions. Really odd questions and I had no idea how to answer! I felt like this was not a good way to know a candidate, it was more like a test and i memorized/made up stories to impress the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. There is no way to prep for these kind of questions. They def throw curveball at you. tell me a time when you handled a difficult customer? tell me a situation when you solved a problem? Some of the hard questions they asked me, I didn't even experience that in my previous work, so I had to think and basically make up things they would want to hear.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

The questions were behavioral type questions which were situational in nature in hopes of trying to get you to express your ability to deal with stress and how you handle customers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to tell a customer something he did not want to hear and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2015.

Interview

Same as everyone else has described skills test and phone interview. The lady was actually very nice and the interview went into depth. I have interviewed with progressive two times now and can honestly it is the hardest interview I have ever done and looking back not sure how I could have prepared more. There is 4-5 situational based question but they are not the run of the mill ones. They are phrased in a way that make them sound like they are not situational but they specifically ask you to answer in that format. They are also vague to the point of almost not making sense. I honestly think that if I had been given the answers ahead of time it wouldnt have been any easier. If you have insurance, adjusting, or finance exp I'm not sure it matters. They are looking for people with call center experience and put that above all else. I guess they figure they can train the rest into you. s

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time someone in your company lied to a customer and you had to fix it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a process that changed continuously?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

You gotta do test first. Test is some trend and behaviorial questions and you get a phone interview date and time. Interviewer was very rude and robotic. I felt like I was talking to a answering machine.

Interview Questions

• Why this this position?
      Regular basic interview questions

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position. Shortly, thereafter I was sent a link to complete an online assessment. After passing the assessment I I received an email to set up a time for the phone interview. After the phone screening I received an email with a request for a background check. A week after Interviewed in the office office with two managers. They were really nice and easy to talk to. The questions were pretty straightforward. They want to know a lot about mistakes you made and how you learned from them. Make sure you ask lots of questions. Research the company as well as the job description.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to meet a deadline/ goal. How did you accomplish this?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

The steps in the Hiring and Interview process were as follows:
    1. Online Application (about an hour to complete)
    2. Online Assessments (Math, Psych, etc., very detailed)
    3. Phone Interview (STAR based questions, don't forget to do company research before this!)
    4. In-Person Interview (STAR based, RESEARCH, PREPARE, PRACTICE, AND RESEARCH!!!)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set salary based on educational attainment.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

I applied online and received a phone interview, after the phone interview they contacted me to do an in person interview that would last approximately 2 hours. During the in person interview they also informed I would have the opportunity to speak with 2 different managers and that they would ask behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took constructive criticism and how you learned from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Online application
    online test assessment
    phone interview
    person to person interview

For the phone interview really spend time reviewing the SMART question process which they will present to you. Make sure you are able to share past experiences at previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst customer experience you had and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be yourself and focus on your customer service skills.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Apply, phone interview,wonderlic test, in person interview. lots of situation, task, action, result questions or Star questions as they are sometimes called. Customer service skills are stressed and top priority during interview process.