Progressive Insurance Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

3.3

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

I applied online, which required that you pass a pre-screening test. Once you pass the screening then you will get a phone interview. The phone interview was exceptionally awkward as the interviewer will ask you the questions, let you respond and then not say a word in response. The in person interview was much more comfortable. The whole process from beginning to end was about a month.

Interview Questions

• All questions are behavioral based. I have interviewed for quite a few professional positions and this interview process was probably the most difficult I have experienced.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

I applied on a Friday and received an email on the following Monday with a request for a phone interview. The phone interview took place the following Friday. Must fully understand the STAR method! Be prepared to recall your past interactions and events.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were in a situation where you couldn't persuade someone/a group of people and what happened next.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you made a rash decision and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2015.

Interview

First there was the test, which is basic math & business. That was too bad, just take your time. Then there was the phone interview…well it more like a police interrogation. When you start off your interview saying "just to let you know we do background check to check all places you have worked", your setting a negative tone for the interview. I was happy not to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• they use the STAR process for questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

After having qualified via the online assessments, I was given a very thorough screening call from Human Resources, which lead to the in-person interview. Very friendly atmosphere and interviewer. They made you feel quite comfortable chatting about your resume and prior related work experience and job skills. The focus of the interview consisted of the STAR approach to interview questions and concentrated on the behavioral aspect.

Interview Questions

• A couple of questions were "Tell me about a time when you made a bad decision. What did you do?," and, "Tell me about a time when you had too many things to do and you had to prioritize your tasks."   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in June 2015.

Interview

Resume review, online assessment and phone interview. They use star question format. Pleasant interviewer on the phone. Still waiting on call back. So far up front and stress free process. The next process is a background check and a in person interview. So far they seem very open and I hope i get a call back.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to make someone else follow policy   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

phone interview then two weeks later face to face interview. Standard questions were asked. Briefly discussed my resume and explained the company as a whole. Interviewer was an actual manager which made it more personal instead of a HR person.

Interview Questions

• standard questions just be sure to use the S.T.A.R method   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hyde Park, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (New Hyde Park, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied in late April. - Assessment Exam - Phone interview - Face To Face interview at office The assessment exam was very straight forward math and behavioral questions. Once I passed I was scheduled for a phone interview. Best thing to prepare for the phone interview is posted throughout glass-door review's is the star method. Focus on your skills and experiences you have gained dealing with clients rather than scripting possible responses. Reason being if you write down just a few behavioral questions with stories you will be wasting time preparing for something that might not even be asked. If you receive an email and it is from Mrs. Ruza consider that a gift from progressive she was extremely helpful and informative throughout the whole process pre and post interview. Make sure you research the company on some of their core values as well. The face to face interview was similar to the phone interview with behavioral questions. One or two of the questions may have been similar but I decided to use different experiences in the face to face interview. Again just like the phone interview the onsite manager was extremely helpful and also went full into detail about what the job entitles. The key is to be relaxed and don't be nervous to ask the interviewer to repeat a question if you didn't fully understand it. A few hours after the face to face interview I was contacted by Mrs. Ruza and was informed once the background check was complete she will call me back with a formal offer. The following Monday (interview was on Friday) I was offered the position and was able to give my current job two weeks notice.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2015.

Interview

Progressive starts you out with a simplistic assessment, which anyone can pass, if you meet their minimum qualifications, which sends you to a phone interview. The phone interview starts with some traditional questions you have heard before, and then the STAR questions begin. Oddly, the interviewer over the phone asked half of her questions centering around my relationships with co-workers. (not supervisors... co-workers). I gave examples in the STAR format, which you absolutely have to have nailed down. Finally, a few more job specific questions followed. I was given a chance to ask questions, apparently, after the phone interview, but I only got to ask one before the interviewer told me that she was moving me on to the next step. Ok, well, that's good. The in-person interview, I thought went very well. Asked more STAR questions, with a little more focus on negotiation and difficult customers. Thought I did well, and the interviewer seemed upbeat and happy. I was feeling optimistic. But it was not meant to be, in there eyes. I received notification that I was not being hired, and told that my examples were not complex enough in comparison to others. Perhaps they weren't, but I have to wonder if they really give a proper chance for a candidate to "defend" this. After all, when you want ONE SPECIFIC example, there are certainly some people who might have dealt with an extreme example they can give in the STAR format. But who would you rather have, the person who's dealt with once or twice; or someone who deals with these issues on a daily basis? The STAR format does not provide an opportunity for the person who deals with the issues frequently a chance to express that. So be it. I hope they enjoyed their likely embellished stories of people who dealt with an issue one or two times. Guess it's not a mystery why Progressive is midpack in many customer service rankings.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to give specific examples regarding your negotiation skills, experiences with co-workers as well as supervisors, and handling heavy workloads. Knowing the situations will benefit you more then memorizing specific questions. Also make certain that you know how to answer questions in the STAR format.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2015.

Interview

Progressive has the most competitive and thorough hiring process when compared to other places I have applied to. Submitted resume, had assessment test-if you do good on this you go on to the phone interview and if they like you you then get the interview with the manager at your local office. After this they do a very thorough background check. If you don't want them calling your college or previous employers DO NOT PUT ON RESUME. They will call every employer to verify that you worked there and they will also verify that you graduated college. About 300-400 people apply to each position so it is very competitive.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to negotiate at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but pay is competitive and very fair

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and within a couple days I got an email saying they would like for me to move to the next step. First step was Screening test Second step was a Phone interview Third was an In-person interview All interview questions are behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to break a rule? Why? What was the outcome.   Answer Question