Progressive Insurance

Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.3

72 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online and received a phone interview, after the phone interview they contacted me to do an in person interview that would last approximately 2 hours. During the in person interview they also informed I would have the opportunity to speak with 2 different managers and that they would ask behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you took constructive criticism and how you learned from it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Online application
    online test assessment
    phone interview
    person to person interview

For the phone interview really spend time reviewing the SMART question process which they will present to you. Make sure you are able to share past experiences at previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst customer experience you had and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Be yourself and focus on your customer service skills.

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Apply, phone interview,wonderlic test, in person interview. lots of situation, task, action, result questions or Star questions as they are sometimes called. Customer service skills are stressed and top priority during interview process.

Claims Adjusters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

First there was the phone interview which went fairly well. I elaborated enough on answers that the recruiter didn't have to ask as many questions. It is important to ask a few questions of your own as well. One thing that I asked was about how many people they were looking to fill this position which was important to me bec it lets me know if I will have a good chance or not. I'm finding that there are many applying for the same job nowadays. The in person interview was a waste of time. I immediately felt like I was talking to myself and that the position was already filled. The phone interviewer followed up and asked if I would consider an out of state position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stands out. Pretty much the normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2014.

The hiring process takes about a month. Phone interview then an in person on site interview within 2-3 weeks. Still awaiting the final call but I am pretty confident with my previous background in the same field. Email confirmation whenever you are moved forward. Overall the communication has been positive and timely.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond/Had a difficult customer/Worked with a problem employee, how did you approach it, what did you learn and what was the result.   View Answer

I accepted a better position at a different company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Had face-to-face interview. They said they would call back within a week, and they never called back. I had to call the recruiter multiple times to get feedback from my interview. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • If you could change one thing about your current position what would it be?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Found ad on craigslist, applied, took two different aptitude tests, phone interview. Basic questions most people should have no trouble with. Personality test as well, straight forward and pretty simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2014.

I initially applied online on progressive's website. I received an email the very next day, stating I met the qualifications they wanted to move forward and sent me a link to take an assessment test. I took the test, it was a timed test with basic arithmetic and a few customer service based questions. I completed the assessment, again the next day they sent another email stating they wanted to move forward with a phone interview and sent me a link to schedule my phone interview. There was only one day to choose from for the phone interview, so I had to arrange time around my current job to actually have the phone interview. The interview was the next week, they called about 5 minutes after the specified time, it lasted about 20 minutes, it consisted pretty much of all STAR questions. I felt really prepared because I studied a lot of different STAR questions prior, I asked her when I should expect to hear back from her, she stated 48 business hours even if they did not want to consider me, they will still contact me to let me know. The next day I received an email stating they wanted to move forward, sent me a link to complete the application and called me to schedule a face to face final interview that will be done by two different individuals. After I scheduled my interview, they sent me a link to for the back ground information, to be done by a company called hire right. That is as far as I've gotten so far my interview is tomorrow, it has been 2 weeks since my phone interview. Overall, so far it has been about a 3 week process.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Ask a lot of situational questions. Have specific examples prepared ahead of time. Customer service is a priority so a lot of questions focus on this area. Answers should be specific examples from previous work experiences

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you did something out of the ordinary for a customer.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Initial interview, then 2-3 person interview, final interview district manager. and skills test. The first interview was general in nature. The 2nd group interview was more intensive with questions about work situations in previous jobs, etc. If you pass the group interview, you are typically good to go,the final interview is more just to negotiate salary, go over which shift you will work, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation on your last job where you had a difficulty with a customer and how you resolved the situation. Name something you are not good at and how did you change it and become better at it.   Answer Question