Progressive Insurance Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.3

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

First phone call
Then computer personality exam
Then inperson interview

They will review your referrals listed and conduct a background check. Once you clear, then they make an offer. If accepted, you have yo go to 2 week in office training then 2 weeks in phoenix or cleveland oh.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a mistake and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Not only does this position have an incredibly LOW retention rate, but progressive has ridiculous qualifications. This is an entry level position where they CLAIM that all you need is a bachelor's, but if you apply without previous auto damage estimation or adjusting experience they will not hire you. They will not even consider an interview. In less than 24 hours you will get an email saying you aren't a strong enough match compared to other candidates reviewed. This would be believable if the same job listing wasn't posted for months. For a company that cannot manage to keep employees in this position they sure are selective. Hard to respect a company that isn't willing to give a chance to anyone for an ENTRY LEVEL position.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Interview

This has been the easiest most transparent recruiting process I have ever experienced. While I haven't had an offer yet if I get one at all, I am very impressed so far with how I've been handled as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you missed a deadline. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online 3/18/15
    Received email to complete online assessment 3/19.
    Got email to schedule phone Interview 3/23, earliest date was 4/1.
    Phone interview on 4/1. She told me she'll let me know status of by Friday (4/3) but I never hear from her or got any status update until the following Friday, 4/10. Stating "The examples I shared during [the] interview did not demonstrate the level of complexity we are seeking for this particular position."

I felt recruiter not following up with me when she said she would and having no way to reach her was unprofessional. Plus considering the reason for not moving forward, she could have informed me a lot quicker.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Perrysburg, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Progressive was very professional during the entire process. I heard within 10 days of applying that I was being considered for the position. I was asked to take a personality test that was then followed up by a phone interview. I was scheduled for an interview about two weeks after the phone interview. I was offered the position and have since accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Fort Collins, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

application; on line assessment; phone interview; background check; face to face interview; wait : they have a very well versed process and each step was very well explained and all the necessary information was provided well in advance. STAR interview process is the focus of the telephone interview and face to face. I read other Progressive reviews for interviews and the only difference I experienced was my face to face interview included two managers. They still used the STAR process, but they took turns asking questions.

Anonymous Employee in Minot, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Minot, ND) in March 2015.

Interview

Internet application and resume submission
    Internet personality assessment
    Telephone interview
    In-person interview

The overall process was very simple. The recruiter took a long time to respond with a decline of my application. The interview process seems to hinge on giving the "right" answer according to their company policy and did not leave a lot of room for individualism.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions that require answers in the STAR format. ex. Describe a situation that a customer asked you to do something that was against company policy. How did you respond?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

An hour long STAR interview. I came on this site before my interview and I am glad I did because I would not have known about the "STAR" interview. I recommend researching the company (on glassdoor), look up those who will be interviewing you and see what you can find out about them and to see what they look like (if they have pics up) so you have some idea of whom you're speaking with. Practice interview with someone so that your comfortable. Make flash cards they helped me. One last thing if your not sure where the interview is and you don't have navigation take a trip a day or two before so you know where you're going. I'm still waiting to hear back.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in February 2015.

Interview

Step 1: applied online
    Step 2: Emailed to take the online assessment
    Step 3: Emailed to set up phone interview
    Step 4: Phone Interview
    Step 5: In-Person interview is next but I will be updated by the end of the week on my status

I can definitely say that this was one of the best interview experiences I have had. The person I talked to was very personable and made it feel like we were having more of a conversation between 2 friends about my past experiences. They set the expectation for how the interview process is going to go as soon as you answer the phone. You already know that the interview style is going to be target selection based after you schedule your phone interview and that you need to use the STAR method to answer your questions efficiently. I process was very easy and painless. I was initially very nervous going into the interview, but at the end I was extremely confident in the connection I made with the recruiter. She told me that she had a few other ppl she had to interview but she will be back in contact with me on Friday to let me know my status so we could schedule an in person interview. I hope that means I will get it. I will update this when I get my answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time that you received constructive feedback. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   3 Answers

Progressive Insurance Response

Apr 16, 2015Talent Acquisition

Thanks for providing your feedback. We do use the STAR method during interviews, and make sure to provide details on our website: https://www.progressive.com/jobs/interview-faqs/. From your review ... More

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2015.

Interview

applied online and heard back a couple of days later via email with a request to take an assessment test. It was pretty standard. Once that was submitted I received a request (via email) to set up a phone interview. This took place approx. 1 week later. The interview was based on the STAR method and really kept you thinking. The total interview lasted approx 45 min. I was emailed 4-5 days later saying that I did not get the job but if I gained any more experience in the insurance field to contact the recruiter as they would be willing to reconsider my application. This is for a trainee position. I feel that I was truthful in my application and resume and that they knew before setting me up for this whole process what my experience was. If it wasnt enough, I never should have been contacted. If an experienced associate is whats needed then maybe that should be listed in the job description or trainee removed from the title