Progressive Insurance Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2015

3.3

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

First phone call
Then computer personality exam
Then inperson interview

They will review your referrals listed and conduct a background check. Once you clear, then they make an offer. If accepted, you have yo go to 2 week in office training then 2 weeks in phoenix or cleveland oh.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a mistake and what did you do about it?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Employee in Schiller Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Schiller Park, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and the next day was asked to complete an online assessment asking some basic personality questions, as well as some graph/data interpretation. After I completed the online assessment I was immediately informed via email that I had passed and was asked to schedule a phone interview. The whole process was automated up to this point, and the details of the next step were always explicitly clear. I was able to chose a time for my phone interview, told who I would be interviewing with, and the question I could expect to be asked. The interview called promptly at the time scheduled, even asking if this was still a good time. The phone interview started off with some fairly basic questions on background/education. Although I was annoyed that they did not recognize that I was in the process of completing my BA degree and that I was going to be graduating in less than a month. The interviewer informed me that the highest level of education I could put was Highschool since I had not yet completed my BA degree. After the general information, the interviewer proceeded to asked STAR based questions where I was suppose to give a specific example of the problem, the actions I took to remedy it, and the results that I achieved. Overall, the entire phone interview lasted about 25 minutes. While I do not think I moved on to the in-person interview stage, Progressive had a very transparent process that made managing the job-hunt very easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time a supervisor provided you with negative feedback and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Interview

This has been the easiest most transparent recruiting process I have ever experienced. While I haven't had an offer yet if I get one at all, I am very impressed so far with how I've been handled as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you missed a deadline. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Process moves along quickly. They will ask you star questions.. look them up before your phone interview. Some questions won't apply to you but they expect you to answer them so be prepared to make something up.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you made a quick decision, and what was the outcome..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Perrysburg, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Progressive was very professional during the entire process. I heard within 10 days of applying that I was being considered for the position. I was asked to take a personality test that was then followed up by a phone interview. I was scheduled for an interview about two weeks after the phone interview. I was offered the position and have since accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Fort Collins, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

application; on line assessment; phone interview; background check; face to face interview; wait : they have a very well versed process and each step was very well explained and all the necessary information was provided well in advance. STAR interview process is the focus of the telephone interview and face to face. I read other Progressive reviews for interviews and the only difference I experienced was my face to face interview included two managers. They still used the STAR process, but they took turns asking questions.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Online assessment, telelphone interview, background check and onsite interview. The interview was STAR format. After the onsite interview I was told by the recruiter that the manager decided not to move forward with my application. She informed me that the manager thought I did not answer the questions in detailed. I' was confused because I answered them with great detailed, I she wanted the date, time and the weather of each scenerio.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online 3/18/15
    Received email to complete online assessment 3/19.
    Got email to schedule phone Interview 3/23, earliest date was 4/1.
    Phone interview on 4/1. She told me she'll let me know status of by Friday (4/3) but I never hear from her or got any status update until the following Friday, 4/10. Stating "The examples I shared during [the] interview did not demonstrate the level of complexity we are seeking for this particular position."

I felt recruiter not following up with me when she said she would and having no way to reach her was unprofessional. Plus considering the reason for not moving forward, she could have informed me a lot quicker.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

STAR system is not how i would hire my employees but nonetheless the recruiter was very pleasant and friendly. Made me feel very comfortable and the response time was great. Although i didnt get the job I am scheduled for another phone interview for another position. Fingers crossed!!! The recruiter even suggested that I apply for another title based on my skills. Overall lovely lady, great experience with her! The STAR system is really more like a storytelling process about past experiences. This is where all those high school essays come into play!!

Interview Questions

• decribe one time I ensured customer satifasction and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minot, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Minot, ND) in March 2015.

Interview

Internet application and resume submission
    Internet personality assessment
    Telephone interview
    In-person interview

The overall process was very simple. The recruiter took a long time to respond with a decline of my application. The interview process seems to hinge on giving the "right" answer according to their company policy and did not leave a lot of room for individualism.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions that require answers in the STAR format. ex. Describe a situation that a customer asked you to do something that was against company policy. How did you respond?   Answer Question