Progressive Insurance Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

3.3

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position on 06/08 and didn't receive an email until 07/12 that I passed the initial screening and to take an assessment. The assessment took about 45 min to complete. I was stressing really bad over it but it was not bad at all. It asked some basic word problems, to interpret profit/loss graphs, and behavioral questions. I completed the assessment at 8pm and had an email by 7am the next day informing me that I passed. The following day I received an email for me to schedule my phone interview and I received 4 slots to choose from. I chose the first available slot which was 07/21. The recruiter contacted me right on time and the call lasted about 40 minutes. She asked 6-7 STAR questions and basic interview questions like "why progressive?" At the end of the call she told me that I did well and wanted to know if I had time that same day to conduct a face to face interview! I was very excited but had to work later that day so I scheduled my face to face interview for the following week on 07/27. The person I interviewed with was a Claims Manager and he was very friendly and completely put me at ease during the interview. I love how open and upfront Progressive is about their hiring process. There were NO surprises whatsoever! My interview lasted about 40 minutes and later on in the afternoon I got a call from my recruiter offering me the position! Yay, I was so excited and I am still so thrilled that I will soon be joining an amazing organization. Thank you so much Progressive for making this process so seamless and I can not wait to began my new career.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone was not forthcoming with information you needed to do your job. What did you do?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a process you realized was flawed and what did you do about it?   1 Answer
  • What do you like least about your current employer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Maitland, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

ok so I'm doing this because this website was very helpful to me when I was interviewing with progressive. First I took a assessment then I had a phone interview and after that I had a face to face with two managers. It's all the STAR format. Just use good examples and you'll be fine. Also you can keep an eye on your job status inside the portal. They do a background check after your phone interview before the face to face. It takes about a week to come back. I went to my face to face on a Thursday. And the next week on a Thursday they call me with a offer. I'm very happy to start with progressive.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I found the job posting on indeed, it was recommended due to my past experience. It said it was a good match. After the appplication was submitted, I received a email requesting to take an assessment. I passed the assessment, and received and email that a recruiter will contact me to schedule a phone interview. It took about 3 weeks to schedule the interview. I had my phone interview on Monday, and they basically asked STAR behavior questions. Today I got an email indicating I was not going to move forward. I don't understand if I had all the requirements, except for experience in this area. It is a trainee program, right? Entry level position? I'm really disappointed, I felt like the recruiter did not care and was quite serious. The recruiter felt cold, and it was pretty intimidating. Before I applied I researched progressive, and I felt like I had a chance. I would love to have the opportunity for someone to tell me what I could have done to have the opportunity. Thanks again!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made made a mistake?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Parsippany, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online 06/30. I received pre-employement assessment 07/12. I received my results on 7/13. Progressive requested a phone interview 07/14. I scheduled my interview 07/23. Recruiter promised me a decision within two business days. If selected to move on through the process, I will have to do a background check and one more face to face interview with recruiters at the office. I had a great experience with the phone interview today, and the recruiter really explained the position in a way that makes me even more excited at the possibility of working at Progressive. Personally, there is no best way to prepare for the interviews with behavioral questions. You just have to focus and be confident about your past experiences and just say it in the STAR format. I am looking forward to hopefully moving through the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to explain to a customer about your company's policies.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2015.

Interview

Passed online test, had 45 minute phone interview. I was told by the person that she would get back to me asap. It has been a week. Nothing. Kinda unprofessional. Disappointed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I completed my online assessment 07/02, I received request for a phone interview 07/07, my phone interview was completed 07/15 it consitsted of some questions about my backgroung and education but majority were situational question about past employment experiences she also gave me feedback as to be very specific in my responses in my physical interview. My face to face interview was done on 07/15 the claims manager I sat with was very nice not intimidating or scary at all she asked STAR format questions which I had prepared for after reading some responses on this site I made index cards of questions asked and wrote responses based on my experiences and memorized them so I wouldn't freeze up if I got nervous. I received a call from my recruiter 07/22 which indicated further interest at which point she sent me the request for background screening which took foreverrrrr (07/24-08/11) due to the fact that I lived in W.V. while in college and apparently their turn around time to respond to requests for court records is herrendous. I spoke with my recruiter throughout the waiting process she was very considerate and understanding and the reps at the company that handles the background check were also awesome and very helpful as I checked the status daily. The entire process is very transparent and straight forward. As of yesterday 08/12/15 I have officially accepted my offer letter and can begin training 08/31/15. I will be training 2 weeks in Pitt and 2 weeks in Ohio. I am so excited to join such an amazing company, this is an opportunity someone straight out of college like myself prays for. I look forward to a long career with Progressive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer what was the issue? what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate I received a generous offer based on my experience and I accepted it. I received the high end of their salary range for this position and I couldn't be more grateful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Woburn, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I first applied online, then received an email asking me to take an online assessment. The was standard, quickens about math problems and question asking what you would do in different situations. I received an email the next day saying I was going to move forward in the process and plan a phone interview. On the phone interview I was asked many star questions. Star questions are used to see the behavior and patterns of an employee. Examples would be, Give me situation you needed to pursue your boss, or give me an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Good Star interview questions. Think of certain examples to have in mind, not exact answers. While on the phone with the interviewee she told me I would be moving forward and I received an email requesting to fill out a Hire Right Background check. The background check took about 8 days to complete. After the background check I didn't hear from Progressive for about two weeks. Then I was scheduled and in person interview. The interview last a little over an hour. Went well, and the question were all very similar.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you and your boss had a conflict? Give me an example of a time you got a poor review from your boss and how did you react? Why do you want to work a Progressive?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

Interview

It was a test, then a phone interview then in person with a supervisor and a manager. Answer with STAR format if not you will not pass the interview. Real life experiences are needed. Use the website it properly prepares you!!! Real life experiences in STAR format!!!! Kelly Davis in Ohio was amazing she was very prompt and detailed and extremely friendly she and Kelly Buster and Amika are the another reason I wanted to work here they are friendly and welcoming, So excited to start my career I LOVE PROGRESSIVE!!!!!!

Anonymous Employee in Schiller Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Schiller Park, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and the next day was asked to complete an online assessment asking some basic personality questions, as well as some graph/data interpretation. After I completed the online assessment I was immediately informed via email that I had passed and was asked to schedule a phone interview. The whole process was automated up to this point, and the details of the next step were always explicitly clear. I was able to chose a time for my phone interview, told who I would be interviewing with, and the question I could expect to be asked. The interview called promptly at the time scheduled, even asking if this was still a good time. The phone interview started off with some fairly basic questions on background/education. Although I was annoyed that they did not recognize that I was in the process of completing my BA degree and that I was going to be graduating in less than a month. The interviewer informed me that the highest level of education I could put was Highschool since I had not yet completed my BA degree. After the general information, the interviewer proceeded to asked STAR based questions where I was suppose to give a specific example of the problem, the actions I took to remedy it, and the results that I achieved. Overall, the entire phone interview lasted about 25 minutes. While I do not think I moved on to the in-person interview stage, Progressive had a very transparent process that made managing the job-hunt very easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time a supervisor provided you with negative feedback and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Pasadena, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very straightforward interview. They asked me most of the questions they had posted on their site for interview preparation. Other than that I was just confirming my previous employment history so they could preform their background check. There was nothing unexpected. The only negative I would add is that the woman interviewing me did not seen very enthused.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you made a mistake. How did you handle it.   Answer Question