Progressive Insurance

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview Details – The hiring process was surprisingly quick. I submitted my application online and was hired within a few weeks. Everyone I spoke with was exceptionally helpful and they kept me informed at each step. There is an online application followed by an online questionnaire. If you make it passed both of those, there is a phone interview and then an in person interview.

Interview Question – They expect you to be very specific with examples of past work decisions.   Answer Question

Athens, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process at Progressive was difficult but well worth it. You take an assessment test, the you have a phone interview. Then you have two face-to-face interviews. The whole process could take weeks. The training is second to none though.

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit to our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was my first professional job so I took what they offered.

Interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by a test and in person interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you failed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After the in person interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was a great expericinec the interview went well not long at all very theral which I like cause they took the time to really make a good fit for you and the company.

Interview Question – What happened when you deagreed with management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation set salary.

Bothell, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2010.

Interview Details – 2 phone interview, one on-site in-person interview.

Interview Question – How do you resolve conflict.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Richardson, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – You begin with a general aptitude test, then must do a phone interview, then an in person interview that is done is STAR format.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to handle a problem in a different way than you are accustomed to?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Entry level salary was set.

Claims Generalist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – The initial process of locating a job opportunity and submitting my resume was exceedingly easy due to Progressive's use of online submission. The initial response from the corporate recruiting department was timely, and positive. The recruiter you are assigned to works with you throughout the hiring process. After the initial interview, there was some degree of longer delays in hearing back from anyone, and the actual process from initial application to hiring offer took over thirty days. Accurate expectations of the next step and the time frame were set communicated to me consistently.

Interview Question – At the time of my hiring at least, Progressive interviews leaned heavily on the behavioral based interview model, and most questions were posed in the form of "Tell me about a time in your work experience when..." The hardest question for me to formulate a positive and engaging response to was: "Tell me about a time when you were completely unable to meet a customer's expectations, and what did you do to attempt to resolve the issue for that specific customer, and what changes did you make as a result of this experience?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is fairly limited in the initial hiring phase as Progressive really tries to make an offer that takes into account the candidates abilities, relevant experience and background. That being said, there is some degree of flexibility, and it does not hurt the job seeker to make a reasonable and realistic request for an increase in their starting salary.

Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2011.

Interview Details – Initial test, phone interview and then in person interview. Situation based question that prefer answers in the STAR format.

Interview Question – Being able to pin down a time, event, outcome on the spot to some questions was tough.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took the offer did Not neg

Claims Generalist

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – Was recruited as a college student. Initial interview was at campus career center. The next step was taking a computer based test (several years ago so I can't recall some of the specifics of the assessment). Final step was an informational session with other recruits and an interview with management.

Interview Question – Typical behavioural interview questions.   Answer Question

Claims Generalist

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – Online application will generate a phone interview with a recruiter. If passed, then often a follow-up phone interview with a local manager will follow. Again if passed you will be invited into a local office to complete an online personality type test and an IQ style test. Once passed in person interviews sometimes with a small panel and other times in round robin format with situational style questions to be answered in STAR format.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you failed. What happened? What did you learn? How did you correct the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate base rate all start at same amount, annual salary reviews with up to 3% increase.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Progressive Insurance

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Progressive Insurance Videos

Progressive Insurance – Why Work for Us?

Around here, people use the word “love” when talking about their jobs. That’s because Progressive is a special type of place… where you don’t stop until a project is finished—then eagerly move on to new and exciting… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Progressive Insurance Claims Generalist interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Progressive Insurance employees and interview candidates.