Progressive Insurance

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2010.

Interview Details – There were three interviews, the initial one took place over the phone. The next step is getting called in to come on-site and take a test, which consists of basic math and english questions which is hardly difficult. They also assess your personality at this time, if you want to pass you MUST be consistent. They throw the same question in a few pages apart so you must be focused and on top of your game. If you pass that part, you are invited back and are interviewed by three managers. They ask you the standard interview questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a disagreement or dispute with your boss and explain how you worked it out.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating, they advertised to fill a specific position with a specific salary which I accepted

Albany, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – Computerized Wonderlic test eliminates most. Follows phone, management and senior manager interviews. All questions are about past experiences. Tell me about a time when you could not meet your employer expectations? What happened? What did you do?

Negotiation Details – None. Progressive starts all employees at the same rate, no ability to negotiate.

Claims Representative

Interview Details – Applied through online application. Process took 3+ weeks.

Interview Question – How would you handle an emergency in the workplace?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – Find someone that you know at the company. That is the easiest way to get in the door. After that, you will go through a phone interview and take a test for job fit. If you make it to the final round, expect a lot of situational based question looking forw specific examples. Good luck!

Interview Question – Give me an example of a team or group that you worked with that was especially difficult? What made it difficult and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Claims Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – Very detailed, various queries as to why your the right candidate, your skills , your customer service point of view, and where to you see yourself in the future with this company.
Ask questions, just as your being interviewed, your also interviewing your prospective employer. Get your interviewers number and follow up, show you have interest in the available position being offered.

Interview Question – Are you wiling to take a polygraph test?   Answer Question

Parsippany, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the interview online. In about a week, I received an email requiring that I complete an online assessment. I got the results of which I had passed. I receive a call from a recruiter of whom scheduled the personality interview. The interview took about 40 mins.

Interview Question – What can you present employer say about you? What are your weaknesses and how are you improving them? What is your present salary?   Answer Question

Iselin, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in September 2011.

Interview Details – -1 hour phone interview - they ask behavioral type questions
-If you pass, you go to a meeting with a manager
-If you pass this, you meet with a regional manager (very briefly) at which point you pretty much are guaranteed a job

Interview Question – -Name a time you had to mediate conflict between a customer and your boss   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation - they presented at $45,000 and I did not complain.

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online on their website and a few days later I received an e-mail asking me the times that I was available for to come in for a few tests. These tests ended up being the Wonderlic test, where you have 12 minutes to do 50 questions. You do not need to complete them all, but the more correct, the better your chances are. If you pass this test, you take something called a PEQ, which is basically a personality test. I passed these both with flying colors and the woman I talked to gave me a packet of what the job would entail and she was really excited for me to start working. We scheduled a phone interview for the next afternoon and I was up for hours trying to figure out my work stories and how I would answer certain questions. The woman called on time, but the first thing out of her mouth was, "well I have something we should talk about. The position that you applied for has been overbooked and it is full. We can put you on a list and you will get a call to continue the process when something opens up." Needless to say, I was done. The process there is so difficult to get past and even if you apply, and get the interviews, the jobs might not even be there in the first place. For a company that values honesty and integrity so much, they sure do not have much of it. I seriously doubt all the positions were full within 24 hrs.

Interview Question – Why Progressive?   Answer Question

Claims Representative

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2008.

Interview Details – Personable. Good experiance. All the questions felt pertinent to the position I was applying for. The office setting was professional, but not too uptight. Employee's were focused on their work but not too busy to say hello. Managers were relaxed but focused.

Interview Question – Have you ever had an argument with a customer or coworker?   Answer Question

Claims Representative

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2009.

Interview Details – 1. Online application
2. Contacted to come to branch office to complete IQ and personality assessment
    - Be honest but also think about the underlying reason for why they're asking certain questions (think teamwork, consequences, morals and values)
3. Credit, driving record checks
4. Phone interview with recruiter- behavioral-based interview
     - last for about an hour so prepare but don't get too worked up about these questions as they didn't ask the most difficult behavioral-based questions when I was interviewed
5. Interview with regional director- straight-forward
6. Contacted with job offer within 1-2 business days

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to find a creative solution to a problem with a sense of urgency   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary even though it was like pulling teeth.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Progressive Insurance

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Progressive Insurance Videos

Progressive Insurance – Why Work for Us?

Around here, people use the word “love” when talking about their jobs. That’s because Progressive is a special type of place… where you don’t stop until a project is finished—then eagerly move on to new and exciting… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Progressive Insurance Claims Representative interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Progressive Insurance employees and interview candidates.