Progressive Insurance Claims Representative Interview Questions

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2014.

Applied online,rec'd email to take an online assessment, scheduled a phone interview, then an in person interview with one manager, background check, job offer was extended, negotiated and accepted

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you took a stance on a situation only to change your mind later.   View Answer
Received and offer exceeding the pay range for the position since I have multiple years experience with another company for insurance, I was able to negotiate for even more money.

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Computerized Wonderlic test eliminates most. Follows phone, management and senior manager interviews. All questions are about past experiences. Tell me about a time when you could not meet your employer expectations? What happened? What did you do?

None. Progressive starts all employees at the same rate, no ability to negotiate.

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Applied through online application. Process took 3+ weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Find someone that you know at the company. That is the easiest way to get in the door. After that, you will go through a phone interview and take a test for job fit. If you make it to the final round, expect a lot of situational based question looking forw specific examples. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a team or group that you worked with that was especially difficult? What made it difficult and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2013.

They put you thru the ringer for an entry level job!! They have at least two phone screens before you can even meet with a live person. Then, you must give a ton of real world experiences to get you through the interview process. Very long process for an entry level job

Interview Questions
    No negotiation at all involved

Claims Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Very detailed, various queries as to why your the right candidate, your skills , your customer service point of view, and where to you see yourself in the future with this company.
    Ask questions, just as your being interviewed, your also interviewing your prospective employer. Get your interviewers number and follow up, show you have interest in the available position being offered.

Claims Representative Interview

interviewed at Progressive Insurance in April 2013.

After applying, you will receive a phone call to schedule a phone interview. After successfully passing the phone interview, you will receive another phone call to schedule a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions generally were the "Tell me about a time..." which was not too difficult since the answers were based on personal experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2012.

I applied for the interview online. In about a week, I received an email requiring that I complete an online assessment. I got the results of which I had passed. I receive a call from a recruiter of whom scheduled the personality interview. The interview took about 40 mins.

Interview Questions
    • What can you present employer say about you? What are your weaknesses and how are you improving them? What is your present salary?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in September 2011.

-1 hour phone interview - they ask behavioral type questions
    -If you pass, you go to a meeting with a manager
    -If you pass this, you meet with a regional manager (very briefly) at which point you pretty much are guaranteed a job

Interview Questions
    • -Name a time you had to mediate conflict between a customer and your boss   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation - they presented at $45,000 and I did not complain.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2011.

I applied online on their website and a few days later I received an e-mail asking me the times that I was available for to come in for a few tests. These tests ended up being the Wonderlic test, where you have 12 minutes to do 50 questions. You do not need to complete them all, but the more correct, the better your chances are. If you pass this test, you take something called a PEQ, which is basically a personality test. I passed these both with flying colors and the woman I talked to gave me a packet of what the job would entail and she was really excited for me to start working. We scheduled a phone interview for the next afternoon and I was up for hours trying to figure out my work stories and how I would answer certain questions. The woman called on time, but the first thing out of her mouth was, "well I have something we should talk about. The position that you applied for has been overbooked and it is full. We can put you on a list and you will get a call to continue the process when something opens up." Needless to say, I was done. The process there is so difficult to get past and even if you apply, and get the interviews, the jobs might not even be there in the first place. For a company that values honesty and integrity so much, they sure do not have much of it. I seriously doubt all the positions were full within 24 hrs.