Progressive Insurance Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Cleveland, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

1. Questionnaire - easy 2. Submit resume - easy 3. Pre-employment assessment test - timed but easy, mostly common sense questions 4. Face to Face interview - 2 managers, 1 at a time - relaxed atmosphere, interviewers were very personable and comfortable to be around - STAR questions, some were very long and "wordy" listen closely and ask to be repeated if needed - average interview 5. Background screening - appears to be very intense. Past employment, education, criminal, etc. 6. Currently waiting for final decision which is scheduled to happen within 5 business days per interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel will be the most difficult for you in this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Started with an hour long telephone interview. Was advised I was liked and pushed through for a in person interview the next week. Was called the week after and advised I had great experience but other candidates were stronger

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a manager gave you feedback you didn't agree with and what were your actions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lutz, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Lutz, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Filled out online application. Pretty straightforward. The application included several scenarios.. like what you would encounter on the phone in the call center. The next day I received an email to complete an online assessment. Again pretty straightforward. Next I went online and scheduled an interview with the recruiter. Call did not go well. Recruiter was very rude and short. Almost as if I was an interruption to her day. I prepared for days for the interview. Having previous call center experience I knew what to expect so it was surprising that I was not advancing to the next level.

Interview Questions

• Are you interviewing with other companies? Why do you want to leave your current job? What do you dislike about your current job?   Answer Question

Progressive Insurance Response

Apr 16, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

We appreciate the feedback and do take these comments seriously. If you'd like further follow up, please feel free to contact us at careers@progressive.com. -KH, Recruiting

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process is very thorough. After I applied I was sent an email to do an assessment, after the assessment I got an email to schedule a phone interview, I had my phone interview and she invited me to go in office to have two more interviews with two different managers. About to days later I got a call back saying I got the job!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would suggest you do your homework on the company, know what they stand for and their core values.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2015.

Interview

first was a assessment, then a phone interview with a recruiter, lasted 90 mnutes. just to they can get a feel of you. then a 2 set interview with 2 seperate hiring managers about a week later if you pass the phone interview about a hour each.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had a customer upset and what did you do to remedy it   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

interview process, phone interview first , then a wait and see pretty quick to get interview. the interview took about half hour. the lady was pretty upbeat. the hardest part was the pre qualifications test they send you. some of the questions were pretty intense. but overall experience was good and quick, would apply again if they offered full time.

Interview Questions

• what is a task that was overcome without being completed that you completed.   Answer Question

part time only

Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Columbia, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online,rec'd email to take an online assessment, scheduled a phone interview, then an in person interview with one manager, background check, job offer was extended, negotiated and accepted

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took a stance on a situation only to change your mind later.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Received and offer exceeding the pay range for the position since I have multiple years experience with another company for insurance, I was able to negotiate for even more money.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Albany, GA).

Interview

Computerized Wonderlic test eliminates most. Follows phone, management and senior manager interviews. All questions are about past experiences. Tell me about a time when you could not meet your employer expectations? What happened? What did you do?

Negotiation

None. Progressive starts all employees at the same rate, no ability to negotiate.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Applied through online application. Process took 3+ weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Find someone that you know at the company. That is the easiest way to get in the door. After that, you will go through a phone interview and take a test for job fit. If you make it to the final round, expect a lot of situational based question looking forw specific examples. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a team or group that you worked with that was especially difficult? What made it difficult and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question