Progressive Insurance Claims Representative Senior Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Representative-Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2013.

I applied online. The entire process took about a month. The initial process started with a behavioral assessment that took about 45 min. Once I completed that, I received an e-mail advising me that I would move forward to a phone-interview. The recruiter that conducted the interview advised me that the questions would be posed in a STAR-based format. At the conclusion of the interview I was told that I would have an opportunity for an in-person interview. The next interview was conducted by a manager also using the STAR questioning. I then continued with a supervisor that continued with the same process. The manager relayed to me that the priority was to hire individuals with potential to go on to other positions in claims and other depts. The supervisor I spoke with told me that the main concern was to find individuals who would not be easily discouraged and could eventually keep up with the workload. The interviewers were cordial and let me know I would hear from them w/in two weeks with feedback. I received a call from the recruiter I spoke with on the previous phone interview. The call was exactly two weeks to the day of my interview. The recruiter apologized sincerely for the time lapsed since my interview, but this wasn't too much of a concern since I was warned in the interview it may take this long to receive an answer. My overall perception was that I was t

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to multi-task priorities. How did you react? What did you do   Answer Question
I didn't negotiate. I was told after training my shift would include a differential. I was happy with the offer

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Senior Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

I was contacted by a recruiter as a result of a job fair they held at Georgia State Interview. I was then called and they conducted a brief phone interview and they set up a time for me to come in and take a skills test at the closest location. I passed the test, and a interview with the Branch Manager was set up, and the interview process began.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation where you had a disagreement with a co-worker, unrelated to a claim, what was the problem and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    No negotiation was offered for this entry level position

Claims Representative Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Submitted application and I I was sent an email with a link to take on line testing to determine if I was a good candidate for the job the next day. I took the tests which consisted of graph questions regarding earnings and some other basic business questions regarding loss or gains. It also included questions regarding good customer service view points. It was basically a behavioral test. After that, I was contacted the next day for a phone interview. The phone interview was a few days later. It consisted of behavioral questions, mostly from my previous/current position. At the end of the phone call I was invited for an in person interview 4 days after the phone call. I interview with two different Supervisors for an hour each. All Behavioral based questions. Be careful with what you say about why you left or are leaving your current position. Do a search on line about how to answer that questions. If you say things like "I hated my boss or I didn't get along with my co-worker's" you may as well forget receiving a job offer. They will wonder if you will just quit on them if you don't get along with your coworker. There are several other ways not to answer that question. Read up on it, on line.

Interview Questions
    • I did role playing with a friend to prepare for the interview after finding 30 of the most difficult interview questions on line. I didn't get anything unexpected; however, I am VERY GLAD that I prepared because the interview is extremely extensive and they want very specific examples of how you have handled situations they ask about in your past. work history. You absolutely must be prepared or you may as well not even bother to apply.
      a few of the questions:
      1. Describe a specific time where you had to handle three tasks as one time with a deadline. What action did you take to work through the situation and what was the outcome.

2. Tell me about a specific time when you had to negotiate. What was the situation, what was the action you took and what was the final outcome.

3. Tell me about a specific time when you had a conflict with a co-worker or boss and how you handled it. What was the situation, what was the action you took and what was the final outcome.

4. Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a company policy. What was the situation/policy, what was the action you took, what was the final outcome.

The questions are all very, very specific and they are all just like the questions above. Read all the different Progressive interview questions on glass door, write them down and practice them over and over and over with someone else in order to prepare. It paid off for me and I was offered the position.
        Answer Question
    There was really no negotiation phase for this position. The pay rate was listed in the job posting and that was that. Their "PTB" (paid time bank) days off are standard for every employee and increase the longer you are there.

Senior Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in September 2009.

Initially, had to go through 2 phone interviews, then interviewed with a team leader and a manager afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, however, my offer was significantly delayed because they desperately wanted to verify that I had graduated from college so that I could get a whopping 50 cents more an hour.