Progressive Insurance Interview Questions & Reviews in Cleveland, OH

3.4

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2013.

Interview process commenced with a first round phone screening from HR followed by 2 more rounds of onsite interviews. The HR interview was straight forward asking elimination questions like felonies, etc - but also included several behavioral questions.

Round 2 included two interviews with one peer manager (to-be) and the hiring manager. Both interviews were back to back and followed Progressive's standard Targeted Selection interview guide authored by DDI, inc. Each interview lasted 60 minutes. There were 2 background questions asked, then 100% guide. The guide used was the leadership guide/ leadership model - 9 competencies. Business Knowledge, Conceptual and Analytic Skills, Creativity and Innovation, Prioritizing Planning & Organization, Developing Other, Relationship Building, Open Communications, Drive for Results, Continuous Learning, and Leadership Style. Each of the 9 areas has 4 questions and they asked 1 question from each area. The expected expected candidate response is the STAR method.

Round 3 was a one on one interview with the hiring manager's boss and a leader from Product Management. Again the selection guide was used, but augmented with situation questions on how you would handle/respond to certain scenarios like press and regulatory inquiries, conflict between department goals and product goals, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a about a situation with a person whom you have had a particularly difficult time building a solid relationship. What steps did you take to build the relationship? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Offer was made via phone and followed up with HR official letter. I negotiated a 5% increase from base offer by asking simply is there any else you can do with the salary. They came back with 5% more plus bumped up relocation $$ to my moving estimate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2013.

Excellent, thorough and friendly without having to feel like you were being scrutinized every five to ten minutes. Punctual time frame set for interview, and it was right on schedule. Felt at ease the entire time and it was as if the interviewer were sitting across from me, not on the phone, three hundred miles away.

Central Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mayfield Heights, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2012.

On -line application process, phone interview then interview in person with 2 managers. Practice the same interview questions on the website and think of situations in your past employment where you lead a group or did problem solving both with negative and positive out comes.

Interview Questions
    • Everything is a situational based question and some did not apply to my background. You will be asked to describe how you handled a situation in a concise manner answering in only 2-3 minutes each question. Follow the STAR formatt explained on the web-site to the letter!   Answer Question

IT Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

First interview was an HR interview and it was pretty easy. Simple academic questions as they pertained to the job and previous experience through internships. After that, there were 4 interviews onsite, where managers/leads from different departments asked me behavioral interview questions. Simple, and straight-forward.

Claims Customer Service Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mayfield, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in June 2014.

As others have mentioned there are several steps to the process: pre-screen selection email, math and English tests, telephone interview, interview onsite with management, potential offer, and class start. As for me I started the process in early June and it ended in later June. I was selected and went through the process successfully and conducted onsite interviews at the Mayfield Village campus. The questions being asked were STAR format so you should keep answers concise. In the end I was not selected for the position. Feedback seemed pretty bogus e.g. "they weren't sure you could handle the fast paced nature of the position" yet "you have excellent communication and came prepared with full knowledge of our company". I was not applying for a CFO position but a very basic entry level position with the company and I have prior claims experience. I've applied for several other positions as suggested by a recruiter and was turned down rather quickly for them. I am rating this negative for a few reasons: I expected to be offered a position after showing good face and good effort with preparedness and genuine interest in the company, I do not appreciate a company doing intensive background checks on my history (my passing that check and them having contacted my foreign employer) only to not offer the position - this makes a candidate with international experience such as myself look foolish to have too many people calling my foreign employer abroad checking up on me, and in regards to the last point if they don't respect candidates' professional reputation they need to stop asking for such detailed background checks or wait until they are going to offer the position to a candidate which might be a more appropriate time and save their company money. TLDR: I passed all their checks/steps but was turned down for a position for vague and nebulous reasons - company contacted my foreign employer - not happy about it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss and had to convince him/her to see your side of the story.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2010.

There were three interviews, the initial one took place over the phone. The next step is getting called in to come on-site and take a test, which consists of basic math and english questions which is hardly difficult. They also assess your personality at this time, if you want to pass you MUST be consistent. They throw the same question in a few pages apart so you must be focused and on top of your game. If you pass that part, you are invited back and are interviewed by three managers. They ask you the standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a disagreement or dispute with your boss and explain how you worked it out.   View Answer
    There was no negotiating, they advertised to fill a specific position with a specific salary which I accepted

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I interviewed online - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2010.

They use the STAR interview process, it is quite lengthy and extremely detailed. I would recommend looking up examples online prior to interview. The entire interview process was very long, took about 2 months from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • For each question you had to answer in the STAR format, which is situation, task, action, result. The best advice I can give is try to tell a good story, that's the only way I got through it.   Answer Question
    There was NO negotiations, you either accepted or declined.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2011.

Applied online, online assessment, phone interview, f2f interview. Background check. It was a pretty standard interview process. Made you shadow with a phone rep to see how you like it before making an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All standard star based question on "tell me of a time....."   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2011.

two senior developers or architects alternate in the questions, and instead of specific tech Q&A, focus was more on designing software, general structuring, and idioms on how to avoid pits and traps

Interview Questions
    • Asked to code on the spot, review it, self-critique it, and see if there are opportunities to make it better   View Answer
    managers have some leeway in enticing the offer, but not much. A publication such as book or article helps in getting a bit more.

IT Applications Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mayfield, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2014.

Was offered a phone interview through college career fair. After the phone interview I was told that I would be moving on to an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!