Progressive Insurance

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Service Desk Specialist (Help Desk) Interview

IT Service Desk Specialist (Help Desk)
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2012.

Interview Details – Behavioral interviews are the standard here. Be prepared with STAR format for your responses.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you disagreed with management, but did not do anything about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at this level. Everyone converted from contractor to employee starts at the same pay.

Customer Service Call Center Representative Interview

Customer Service Call Center Representative
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, took online test, had phone interview. About one week later received an Email stating I was not moving to next level (in person interview).

Interview Question – Tell me about negative feedback you've received from a manager.   Answer Question

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, took an assessment, and got an email within 24 hours saying that I passed the assessment and to follow a link to fill out my full work history. I was contacted the same week and they scheduled me a phone interview pretty quickly. It lasted one hour where we discussed my work history and was asked situational questions. At the end she said she would like to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. It was about a week later. I sat with a customer service rep for 30 minutes listening to her calls. She'd be there 5+ years and said she loved working for Progressive. I really enjoyed this part. Then a manager came and took me to a conference room and asked me about 5-6 situational questions. Another manager came in and asked me more questions. Both managers were extremely nice, made me feel comfortable, and were "real". I really loved the whole experience because I didn't feel like I being interrogated. If you are not familiar with the STAR interview process, look it up. They want you to follow this for every answer. Details are important, and the result is the most important. They said they would be in contact soon. I got a call from the recruiter a few hours later telling me that they were impressed with my interview and they would like to proceed in the next step. They had to complete a full background check. Once that was completed, I got a call with the offer. The whole process took 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you did not get along with a co-worker and how you handled it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They posted a range of pay and they offered me right in the middle, I felt this was fair.

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2013.

Interview Details – My first applications were sent in online. I had to apply six times before they put me into pre-qualification. After about 3 weeks I was called to set up a phone interview for the next week. You then receive an email giving you helpful hints on what kind of questions you should expect. I HIGHLY recommend that you write atleast two answers out for these. They take the STAR approach very seriously. After my phone interview she said she felt good enough to schedule me for a final interview in person. (Dress nicely!!) The first thing they did before my interview was let me sit in on phone calls with an experienced rep. I enjoyed this. He was very helpful, fun, and energetic. He told me it's a great company to work for. After 30 min. of this they took me to a small room upstairs and the first manager interviewed me. It was about 5 behavioral questions and you can not be SPECIFIC enough, I assure you. After that the next manager came in and asked me more questions again using the STAR format. This process took about 2 and half hours in total. My advice is to make sure you follow through on what the outcome of your situation was and what you learned. They are big on what you did to overcome an obstacle.

Interview Questions

• What was something difficult in your job that you had to learn and what did you implement to learn this?   View Answer
  • What was a situation that you came across with an unruly customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation in this position. You take what's offered or you decline. The starting pay and benefits are very nice though.

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2009.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview which lasted over 1 hour! I thought that was a bit much considering the position I was applying for, but when it was FINALLY over I was scheduled to come in to interview in person. I had two separate one-on-one interviews with managers.. both used similar standard behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you faced an obstacle, crisis or challenge. What happened and what did you do?   Answer Question

IT Helpdesk Interview

IT Helpdesk
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2009.

Interview Details – Post jobs out to community, after reviewing your resume they select the candidates. You are required to take a basic competency test and work ethics test (computer based). The company uses the STAR format for interviewing and look for coherent well thought out answers. A positive attitude and a likeable nature will get you far.

Interview Question – All of the interview questions are behavioral based so most questions will be designed as such: STAR

1. Have you had to work with a difficult person or have been in a difficult situation and how did you handle this.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – They are more than fare for compensation for the work that is done.

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Direct Sales Representative
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in December 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting a resume online the recruiting team contacted me via email with a fairly lengthy online test to take. It was mostly personality stuff, but there were a few math problems. After completing the test I received an email stating that I was qualified for a phone interview. I completed the phone interview and about 45 min into it was asked to come in for a face to face. The face to face consisted of scripted questions followed by about 30 min sitting with one of their sales reps listening to calls, then another face to face with someone else asking the same questions. I tried to answer about the same for both people and the entire onsite interview took almost 3 hours. After about a week they called me with an offer.

Interview Question – There was one math problem that took me a while even though it was multiple choice. You are asked to find variables and solve for % change in sales year over year, but none of the answers are 100% correct.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was given an offer at another company for more $ and without working Saturdays as Progressive would have required. They also indicated that it is very hard to advance and a supervisor has to die to get promoted in the inbound sales department.

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2012.

Interview Details – The first few steps went pretty quick, but from what i could tell it was gonna be a long process. From first applying, to online test, to then getting a call to set up a phone interview took about a week and a half total after the phone interview. Although when doing the phone interview, the lady was extremely rude, and kept cutting me off like she was in a hurry. A phone interview that was supposed to take about 40 mins. was maybe 10. She was very unfriendly.

Interview Question – I didnt find any of the questions all the difficult or unexpected. They give u a website address with sample questions to expect during your interview so you'll be prepared.   Answer Question

IT Project Specialist Interview

IT Project Specialist
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process at Progressive is very well organised. I got a call from the HR who asked me basic questions about my interests, why I wanted to join Progressive, etc. Next day I got a call if I could fly to Colorado Springs for a 1:1 interview. They sent me a link to book flight and hotel which was very convenient.

I was asked to get to Colorado on Thursday evening for a meet and greet with the interviewers which was very helpful. I got to meet my interviewers one day before and ask some questions.

The face to face interview was on Friday. HR head gave an overview of the interview process, encouraged to use STAR method while answering behavioral questions. There were 2 rounds of interview back to back 1hr each. The interviewers were very friendly, spent the first 5 mins showing around the office and ice breaker type questions.

Monday morning I got a call from the HR with an offer.

Interview Questions

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Colorado Springs, CO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2010.

Interview Details – First off I had to give an online test, which asked me a series of questions about myself and a few math questions.
Next I was interviewed over the phone by a manager and HR person for an hour. Mostly STAR format questions.
Finally I was called on site where first night I was given the tour of the data center.
Next day I had 4 rounds of interview. Again all STAR format questions. 2 interview face 2 face, 1 over the phone, 1 in the video conference room.
After working as an intern fro 3 months they offered me a full time job

Interview Question – Tell of a situation where you made a mistake   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non existant

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!