Progressive Insurance Customer Service Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014
Updated Aug 14, 2014

3.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2014.

You start off by registering on the website, and after that you can search and apply to positions. I originally applied for five positions, and received an email inviting me to take a pre-employment test. I took the test (took about 30 minutes, I think you have 2 hours to complete it) it was math questions and customer service situational questions. I got an email a few days later that I passed the test and was invited to schedule a phone interview. There's only a day or two in which to schedule with different times throughout the day. I scheduled mine for the following week, had the phone interview. It lasted about 45 minutes. Lots of star based questions and the interviewer going over position details, asking about background and such. I got a call the following week to schedule on site interview for later that week. The on site interview was much like the phone, only with two different interviewers and lasting about 2 hours in all. The day before the on site interview, I received an email for background screening with Hire Right. Completed that day, and was asked to submit w2s and verify employment info from previous employers. That took a little over a week to be completed. The following week after the on site interviews, I was told they were prepared to offer me the job but were waiting on the background check. Two days later, I was called and offered the position! Study your star questions, they're important!

Interview Questions
  • Look up star interview questions, think of a past situation to answer and you'll be good. Preparation is needed though.   Answer Question
Set hourly rate, no negotiation had or needed.

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riverview, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2014.

I applied online and completed an assessment. I was notified to expect a phone interview from them. Two weeks later no response about the phone interview. Applied for other positions and received immediate denials. I went ahead and withdrew my remaining application(pending interview) and wrote them an email about how unprofessional their company is to leave a person waiting just to schedule a phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in February 2014.

Applied online. Received an email a few dayys later to take an online test. Had a phone interview for about an hour the lady was very nice. I admitted to her that I had been fired from a job in the past and that it was my fault because of personal issues, yet when I got to the in oerson interview I was asked about it two more times from the other two interviewers and by that time I started to get a bit upset and frustrated because its hard for me to talk abooit that time in my life and either they dont communicate with eachother or they were just trying to get more information which makes no sense because I could have very wel lied about it. As son as I walked in I felt uncomfortable. The atmosphere was kind of fake and unwelcoming. The first lady was nice and asked a round of behavioral questions. The second girl came in and did the same except she frustrated me because she was half listening to my answers and trying to write when she should have been listening so she would look up and ask me for example " and what resulted from that? When I had just told her. Also when she was trying to understand an answer she would look at you face wrinkled up all crazy and made me feel uncomfortable and stupid. In mu opinion she had no business doing interviews and by that time I was ready to just go lol. They were the STAR format and it was maybe 10 or 12 each recruiter. Some of them were difficult only because they didnt apply to me and I would have had to have made up an answer which I was not going to do so basically they are just looking for liars and not honest people like they say. And they make u start a background check BEFORE you even get a job offer or your first interview which is silly because they tried to make me obtain all this employment verification and such for no reason. It was very much a waste of time and given the atmosphere I dont think I would have been happy there but im sure its a great place to work for some people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riverview, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2013.

First I took an online test then I got an email that I've passed and scheduled a phone interview, the phone interview was about 30 mins long and they asked about you past experiences like tell me about a time u made a quick decision and what was the outcome, they really go by the STAR technique. I have my face to face interview on Sept 6! I'm really nervous if someone can give me some tips that would be AWESOME! Pray for me ppl I really need the job or I'll have to leave my apt... Thank u for taking the time to read my review.

Interview Questions
    • They are all like: Tell mi about a time .... and what was the outcome? they don't really ask for weakness or anything like that so far is all about a time that ....   Answer Question
    I haven't get an offer yet, I have my face to face interview on Sept 6, any tips will be REALLY appreciated! TY

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in February 2010.

a pretty extensive multi tiered interview. started with an aptitude test. which i thought was a joke. even though one of the other testers got sent home cause they couldn't pass it. then an hour phone interview. mine ran long. then a 2 hour face to face interview with two managers. it was some what repetitive but otherwise easy and non intimidating. after passing the background check the main recruiter called me with an offer.

Interview Questions
    there wasn't much room for negotiation.

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!