Progressive Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

3.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within two hours I got an email inviting me to take a preassessment. I took this right away and about ten minutes later I got an email to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview for a few days later, and while still on the phone, she immediately scheduled the on site interview. For the on site interview I met with two different supervisors who were very nice for the most part. The questions were definitely the most difficult. Each manager asks 15 STAR questions that are very similar and you must use different examples for each manager. I also got to sit down with a senior customer service rep which was awesome! You get to see exactly what you will be doing. My interview was yesterday so still waiting for a call back! Although the interview process is very long and thorough, it is still awesome because you know they are trying to find the right people for the job.

Interview Questions

• What is a good decision you have made recently? What is a mistake you have made? What is the best thing about the place you currently work? What is the worst thing? Why do you want to leave your current place of employment? Why progressive? Give me an example of a time you had to persuade somebody. What technique did you use? Give me an example of a complicated problem you had to solve recently.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Sacramento, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I got my interview call after waiting ten minutes after my scheduled time, and when she did finally call the interview process was horrible. She was very short, kept interrupting me claimed to not be able to hear me so had to call back. After the call back I was completely discouraged by the interview it all just went down hill from there. I took this whole process very seriously but felt as though I've wasted my time. This was not an appropriate way to be given an interview. But all is well the hours were terrible, and you can't do anything about it until a year of employment and only if you've had good performance and get chosen on a bid. The background company they use Hireright is an outsourced company who the people doing your background checks are in the Philippines and don't hardly speak english. I'd say Progressive! Since it's such a process to be employed by you, you should employee sturdy candidates. Something I didn't experience during this process. Thanks for the opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Just like everyone has said, I filled out the application which involved a timed assessment(June 11th.) The next day, I received a congratulatory email stating I passed the online assessment and to look out for an email with further instructions. I got an email only 2 hours later requesting a phone interview be set up! When I first applied around six months ago, I only got an email several days later saying I was not going to move on with the process. Expecting the same results, I was very excited to see I again passed the assessment. Getting a phone interview within only hours was the cherry on top, giving me a boost of confidence. I immediately picked my phone interview time through the link in the sent email to ensure the closest available time.(June 17th) I spent the next 4-5 days preparing for the interview by taking heavy notes answering generic behavioral questions and finding out as much as I could about Progressive, including their values and any recent news. While I was nervous, the preparation helped keep my head in-line. My recruiter called only two minutes late and was very thorough in explanation of the job and important aspects of the 4 month training program. There were a few behavioral type questions with a lot of focus on previous experience and before I knew it, our call was over! Although the interview lasted a little over 45 minutes, I felt not a second was wasted and liked learning more about the company and job I was applying for. The only thing that caused concern was talk of the background check. I was told that simply not putting the right date on previous employment could cost me the position! I guess its my own fault for not keeping track of every aspect of my work history. Anyway, she ended our interview with expectations of hearing about my next steps by the 19th. Luckily I did not have to wait long. The next day (June 18th) I received an email inviting me to do the background check! While I was very excited about moving along in the process, my stomach tied in knots as I thought about how serious I had to research and make sure I answered everything as accurately as I could. I was more nervous about completing the check than I am about the 2 face-to-face interviews I'm expecting next. I am hoping the rest of the process goes just as smooth and quickly, mainly the HireRight background check. Looking forward to more good news, I will post about the F2Fs once completed :)

Interview Questions

Progressive Insurance Response

Jul 14, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing feedback on your interview experience. Sounds like things went well given your "accepted offer" status. Congratulations and welcome to the team! -KH, Recruiting

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

I was greeted by a recruiter and was taken on a tour of the office and she went over all they had to offer if you were an employee there. Then we went into a room for an interview that lasted for about 30-40 min. Afterwards she introduced me to an employee to listen on a few of her calls to get a preview of what I would be doing. The second recruiter went and introduced himself from there we went into another room and he interviewed me which lasted for about 30 mins aswell, I was walked out and told I would be contacted once they had made their decision. Everyone was friendly and the environment felt very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What did I do at my previous job, what made me interested in applying for progressive, did I apply for any other insurance companies (etc.) basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Online assessment May 12th Phone interview request May 13th Phone interview May 19th Request for background May 20th F2F interview request May 20th F2F interview May 29th They seem to pair lady's with lady interviewers and guy's with guy interviewers? The two lady's I interviewed with were very nice and I thought my answers were very thorough.  (I even studied how to answer STAR format) Received phone call on June 8th that I did not receive the position due to lack of complexity in my responses. . Complete BS

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake? Name a time when you had to make a sudden change? Outcome and Results   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

It was an exstensive tour and interviewing process only to be not hired. I think they coukd cut out some of the extra jargon and save a lot of time and money to be honest.

Interview Questions

• Specific examples of situations handled in the past.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Be prepared for a thorough interview process. I applied January 20 through indeed.com. On January 21 I got a confirmation email that they had received my application and we're going to review it. On February 3 I received an email asking me to take a 45 to 60 minute assessment test. On February 6 I got an email stating that I had passed The assessment and to wait few days to get either an email or phone call with more information about the next step. On February 11 I got an email stating that I was going to have a phone interview attached was able to schedule that I had to choose which one I would like to take the recruiter was going to be in Mountain standard time I had to convert Pacific standard time from Mountain standard time making sure that I was available during the interview hours that were available so I chose afternoon. My phone interview was scheduled for Monday, February 16 it ended up being Presidents' Day I was a little surprised somebody was working but absolutely welcome to the interview no matter what day or time it was.The recruiter called me exactly on time and we had an hour long phone interview he gave me a little background about the company he gave me information about the wages the benefits the hours and the pay training. He then proceeded to start the star interview. Study the star questions! but all went well I was really comfortableand he was really patient with me. On February 16 I received an email stating that I was going to be moving forward and they were going to be checking my background and to wait for the next coming days for an email with the confirmation and any paperwork to fill out online to confirm the background check. The background check was completed by higher right when they had a discrepancy or couldn't get a hold of something on my background they requested additional information via email and provided three new methods of getting the information to them by phone by email or by fax and you could take a picture of your documentation and have it scanned through to them by an app called TurboScan the app cost $1.99. Before my background check was complete I got a phone call on February 17 from another recruiter asking to schedule my face-to-face interview she told me it would be between 2 to 3 hours at the on-site location she was very flexible providing times and dates that would work for me. Immediately after that call took place she sent me a follow-up email with all the information where to go what day what time and who to ask for.my interview was yesterday I met with two super friendly really nice and outgoing recruiters I was terrified for my interview because it was supposed to be 2 to 3 hours long and I didn't know what that would entail but that time flew by my first interview was the longest my second interview was the shorter portion both are very friendly and I was taken to the customer service call center floor and sat with one of their reps. it was very helpful to sit in with the rep to get an idea of what I would be doing I was then I was picked back up by the second interview her she asked me how the calls went I described a couple of the calls and she walked me to the elevator and then to the front office window to return my visitor badge she asked me again if this is something I could see myself doing an absolutely it was I'm not waiting the next 3 to 5 days to hear back whether I got the job fingers crossed this sounds like an amazing opportunity and company and I would really love to join the team.

Interview Questions

Progressive Insurance Response

Apr 16, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thanks for providing such a detailed account of your experience. Hope the positive experience continued! -KH, Recruiting

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I applied online. It took me three attempts for my resume to get accepted and get through to the survey. I took the survey but was not selected for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all situation based and how you would handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied 3/5 Assessment 3/5 Email for phone interview request 3/12 On the day and time of my phone interview no one called me, about an hour later she called me and apologized, she actually called the wrong person during my scheduled slot, we rescheduled for 3/24. The phone interview went great, however the recruiter felt I would be a better fit for the customer service position than sales position I originally applied for. She said someone would contact me for a F2F interview. On 4/1 I received a call to schedule the F2F interview and also email request from hire right to start the background check. My F2F interview was on 4/9 everyone was super nice both recruiters made the interview seem like a conversation, each asked about 10 questions. I sat with a rep for about 30 mins. The recruiter said that they were going to compare my answers from all 3 interviews and would get back with my in 7-10 days. On 4/17 they called and offered me the job!

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Cleveland, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was basically scenerio questions. The interviewer gave situation questions and I had to answer by setting the story, stating the issue, and what steps I took to resolve the issue.