Progressive Insurance

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview Details – It was an on campus interview for summer intern. One person interviewed me. The whole process lasted about 30 minutes. The conversation was good. Most parts are behavioral. The main thing I did was talking about the resume.

Interview Question – Why should I choose you out of those candidates around?   Answer Question

Cleveland, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2013.

Interview Details – STAR or SMART Method******* The recruiter is really helpful and is a great resource for getting information about it. I applied for a Pricing Analyst job in July but didn't get called until the first week of October and it was for the Data Analyst job. Because I applied a year before, I only had to update my work status. A week later I had an interview and 5 days after that, a job offer.

Interview Question – What is your weakness and how do you compensate for that? (came up in several interviews)
How many gas stations are in the United States and how did you come to that answer?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy

Data Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was good. The interviewers are very nice and respective. Mostly went through resume, and they asked some behavioral quesitons.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had conflict with others.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was, but I did not

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Data Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2007.

Interview Details – met team member one by one. questions were basically about my experience with data handling and manipulation. for example, how large were the data set i've ever handled. how to combine datasets. a few questions were general. they wanted to know how much i knew about insurance business. other questions were behaviour, like what difficult situation i handled......

Interview Question – how to merge two data sets by sql or data steps   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Progressive Insurance

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Progressive Insurance Videos

Progressive Insurance – Why Work for Us?

Around here, people use the word “love” when talking about their jobs. That’s because Progressive is a special type of place… where you don’t stop until a project is finished—then eagerly move on to new and exciting… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Progressive Insurance Data Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Progressive Insurance employees and interview candidates.