Progressive Insurance

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview Details – It was an on campus interview for summer intern. One person interviewed me. The whole process lasted about 30 minutes. The conversation was good. Most parts are behavioral. The main thing I did was talking about the resume.

Interview Question – Why should I choose you out of those candidates around?   Answer Question

Cleveland, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2013.

Interview Details – STAR or SMART Method******* The recruiter is really helpful and is a great resource for getting information about it. I applied for a Pricing Analyst job in July but didn't get called until the first week of October and it was for the Data Analyst job. Because I applied a year before, I only had to update my work status. A week later I had an interview and 5 days after that, a job offer.

Interview Question – What is your weakness and how do you compensate for that? (came up in several interviews)
How many gas stations are in the United States and how did you come to that answer?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy

Data Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was good. The interviewers are very nice and respective. Mostly went through resume, and they asked some behavioral quesitons.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had conflict with others.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was, but I did not

Data Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2007.

Interview Details – met team member one by one. questions were basically about my experience with data handling and manipulation. for example, how large were the data set i've ever handled. how to combine datasets. a few questions were general. they wanted to know how much i knew about insurance business. other questions were behaviour, like what difficult situation i handled......

Interview Question – how to merge two data sets by sql or data steps   View Answer

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!