Progressive Insurance Data Analyst Interview Questions

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2014.

Interview

First round - On-campus with the recruiter. Recruiter was very nice and helpful. Then invited to their Cleveland office. Previous day there was a networking event where you can talk to the interviewers and ask questions about the company and the position. Next day, whole day interview which consists of 3 rounds of behavioral (7-8 questions in each round. But, questions are repeated), lunch and campus tour. Overall it was good. But I don't like the idea of choosing the candidates based on only behavioral kind of interviews. Recruiter called me to convey the 'no offer' message with a brief feedback.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Be prepared to give all the details related to the question before they ask you which I didn't. It cost me a job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

It was an on campus interview for summer intern. One person interviewed me. The whole process lasted about 30 minutes. The conversation was good. Most parts are behavioral. The main thing I did was talking about the resume.

Interview Questions

• Why should I choose you out of those candidates around?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Cleveland, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

STAR or SMART Method******* The recruiter is really helpful and is a great resource for getting information about it. I applied for a Pricing Analyst job in July but didn't get called until the first week of October and it was for the Data Analyst job. Because I applied a year before, I only had to update my work status. A week later I had an interview and 5 days after that, a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness and how do you compensate for that? (came up in several interviews) How many gas stations are in the United States and how did you come to that answer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was good. The interviewers are very nice and respective. Mostly went through resume, and they asked some behavioral quesitons.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had conflict with others.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was, but I did not

Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2007.

Interview

met team member one by one. questions were basically about my experience with data handling and manipulation. for example, how large were the data set i've ever handled. how to combine datasets. a few questions were general. they wanted to know how much i knew about insurance business. other questions were behaviour, like what difficult situation i handled......

Interview Questions

• how to merge two data sets by sql or data steps   1 Answer