Progressive Insurance

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview Details – Phone and computer interview, not very difficult.

Negotiation Details – About $13/hr to start

Interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview Details – Only did the first part of the interview. Seems easy as long as you check out their internal website. Standard questions about how you act in certain situations. They outline the interview process for you so make sure you review! This was the first part of a phone interview and my understanding is you move on to in-person interviews after.

Interview Question – How do you act in stressful situations?   Answer Question

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in December 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting a resume online the recruiting team contacted me via email with a fairly lengthy online test to take. It was mostly personality stuff, but there were a few math problems. After completing the test I received an email stating that I was qualified for a phone interview. I completed the phone interview and about 45 min into it was asked to come in for a face to face. The face to face consisted of scripted questions followed by about 30 min sitting with one of their sales reps listening to calls, then another face to face with someone else asking the same questions. I tried to answer about the same for both people and the entire onsite interview took almost 3 hours. After about a week they called me with an offer.

Interview Question – There was one math problem that took me a while even though it was multiple choice. You are asked to find variables and solve for % change in sales year over year, but none of the answers are 100% correct.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was given an offer at another company for more $ and without working Saturdays as Progressive would have required. They also indicated that it is very hard to advance and a supervisor has to die to get promoted in the inbound sales department.

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!