Progressive Insurance Direct Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2011.

You have to set up a profile and you have to Submit an online application, and your resume on their progressive website. you will be interviewed by at least 2 individuals including HR, they will determine if you qualify for the available position. If you are bilingual, you will also have to do a phone interview with a represententative to determine the level of proficiency you have with that language.

Interview Questions
  • The situational questionnaire is very customer service oriented   Answer Question
  • The licensing test may be a bit difficult, but you will be provided with tools necessary to pass the test   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Phone and computer interview, not very difficult.

About $13/hr to start

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Only did the first part of the interview. Seems easy as long as you check out their internal website. Standard questions about how you act in certain situations. They outline the interview process for you so make sure you review! This was the first part of a phone interview and my understanding is you move on to in-person interviews after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in December 2012.

After submitting a resume online the recruiting team contacted me via email with a fairly lengthy online test to take. It was mostly personality stuff, but there were a few math problems. After completing the test I received an email stating that I was qualified for a phone interview. I completed the phone interview and about 45 min into it was asked to come in for a face to face. The face to face consisted of scripted questions followed by about 30 min sitting with one of their sales reps listening to calls, then another face to face with someone else asking the same questions. I tried to answer about the same for both people and the entire onsite interview took almost 3 hours. After about a week they called me with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • There was one math problem that took me a while even though it was multiple choice. You are asked to find variables and solve for % change in sales year over year, but none of the answers are 100% correct.   Answer Question

I was given an offer at another company for more $ and without working Saturdays as Progressive would have required. They also indicated that it is very hard to advance and a supervisor has to die to get promoted in the inbound sales department.

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!