Progressive Insurance Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2010.

They use the STAR interview process, it is quite lengthy and extremely detailed. I would recommend looking up examples online prior to interview. The entire interview process was very long, took about 2 months from start to finish.

Interview Questions
  • For each question you had to answer in the STAR format, which is situation, task, action, result. The best advice I can give is try to tell a good story, that's the only way I got through it.   Answer Question
There was NO negotiations, you either accepted or declined.

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in September 2010.

Go in and take a test if you come back for interviews.

I took what they offered, needed a job

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2013.

STAR process

Offer from better company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2013.

Currently waiting to hear back about the phone interview I did yesterday afternoon, but the recruiter was very nice and helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2013.

I applied for this position through Careerbuilder.com, and roughly 24 hours later received a link for their Pre-employment test. The exam, which consisted of a few math problems and behavioral questions, lasted one hour. The following morning, I received an email stating that I had passed the exam, and a recruiter will contact me to schedule a phone interview.

Later that evening, I was contacted by a recruiter who scheduled my phone interview for the following week. The recruiter was extremely polite and very helpful. She informed me that the interview will consist of behavioral/STAR questions. The phone interview lasted about 60 minutes or so. This recruiter was also very nice and helpful. We discussed my resume, work history, etc... Then came the STAR questions. This is where the interview process gets tough so bring your "A-Game"! Be prepared to give DETAILED descriptions about actual scenarios you were faced with and answer them in the STAR format; Progessive provides example STAR questions on their website so be sure to review them. I also recommend searching the internet for STAR questions as well.

After the phone interview, the recruiter said that I will be moving onto the Face-to-Face interview, which she scheduled for the following week. Friday morning, I arrived at the Progressive Contact Center in Riverview, Fl. I met with the HR manger for about an hour. She was very welcoming and explained how the interview will go. I was asked what I know about progressive, followed by about 8 behavioral questions. After meeting with her, I was taken to the call center and sat with a sales rep to listen in on some calls. Roughly 30 minutes later, another manger took me back to the interview room for another round of questioning. This interview lasted an hour and consisted of more behavioral questions, followed by me asking the manager a few questions. My advice: ask questions! This makes you appear excited about the company and the position!

The on-site interviews lasted almost 3 hours total, and I was told by the manager that I would be contacted by their HR department in a couple days with a decision. Two days later I was contacted by a recruiter and was told that once I completed the background check, they would like to offer me the position.

Overall, this was pretty thorough process. It takes time, but they want to make sure they have the right person.

Again, be very thorough when answering the behavioral questions- it will be the deciding factor in whether or not you get the job.

Interview Questions
    • 1) • Tell me about a time when you made a bad decision. What did you do?

2) • What was your most difficult sale, and how did you approach it?
        Answer Question
    No negotiating.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

At home call. Get friendly. Looking for someone easy to talk with. Then two face to face interviews where interviewer asks directed questions requiring in depth answers using "real" situations you've encountered while interviewer handwrites everything.

Interview Questions
    • none. Just have at least 10 different situations with resolution ready to share.   Answer Question
    Could negotiate days off.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

The process started out good and I got to the phone interview and when asked why I left my last job and I said terminated they immediately said I was disqualified and that I could reapply in a year they knew that I was terminated when it was on my application with the reason waste of time -

Interview Questions
    • Star general -questions what pissed me off was when they asked why I left my last job and I said I was terminated they said they had to end the interview - this after I filled out the application that said that and passed the online assessment test - if they only hire people that quit there jobs or get laid off say that upfront don't waste my time   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2012.

The phone interview and the 1 on 1 was the same. Same questions too (they have a script and they MUST use it as is) but you are expected to come up with different scenarios to illustrate your point.
    They use behavioral type interviewing and they tell you ahead of time. Make sure you do your research about this type of interviewing and prepare your answers ahead of time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to face a difficult customer and how did you handle it.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle it.   View Answer
    No negotiation. They would not raise the hourly rate no matter what your experience might have been.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2010.

I applied online and was asked to come in for testing. (50 questions in 12minutes it was the Wonderlick test)
    After passing that i was contacted for a phone interview that lasted about one hour.
    Be prepared to answer behavioral questions about your past work experience and answer in the STAR format. I passed the phone interview and have yet to schedule my face to face interview which I was told would be 3 hours long.

Ill try to come back and update this after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when your work was not up to your managers standards.
      What happened and what actions did you take ?
        Answer Question

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!