Progressive Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Be prepared for a thorough interview process. I applied January 20 through indeed.com. On January 21 I got a confirmation email that they had received my application and we're going to review it. On February 3 I received an email asking me to take a 45 to 60 minute assessment test. On February 6 I got an email stating that I had passed The assessment and to wait few days to get either an email or phone call with more information about the next step. On February 11 I got an email stating that I was going to have a phone interview attached was able to schedule that I had to choose which one I would like to take the recruiter was going to be in Mountain standard time I had to convert Pacific standard time from Mountain standard time making sure that I was available during the interview hours that were available so I chose afternoon. My phone interview was scheduled for Monday, February 16 it ended up being Presidents' Day I was a little surprised somebody was working but absolutely welcome to the interview no matter what day or time it was.The recruiter called me exactly on time and we had an hour long phone interview he gave me a little background about the company he gave me information about the wages the benefits the hours and the pay training. He then proceeded to start the star interview. Study the star questions! but all went well I was really comfortableand he was really patient with me. On February 16 I received an email stating that I was going to be moving forward and they were going to be checking my background and to wait for the next coming days for an email with the confirmation and any paperwork to fill out online to confirm the background check. The background check was completed by higher right when they had a discrepancy or couldn't get a hold of something on my background they requested additional information via email and provided three new methods of getting the information to them by phone by email or by fax and you could take a picture of your documentation and have it scanned through to them by an app called TurboScan the app cost $1.99. Before my background check was complete I got a phone call on February 17 from another recruiter asking to schedule my face-to-face interview she told me it would be between 2 to 3 hours at the on-site location she was very flexible providing times and dates that would work for me. Immediately after that call took place she sent me a follow-up email with all the information where to go what day what time and who to ask for.my interview was yesterday I met with two super friendly really nice and outgoing recruiters I was terrified for my interview because it was supposed to be 2 to 3 hours long and I didn't know what that would entail but that time flew by my first interview was the longest my second interview was the shorter portion both are very friendly and I was taken to the customer service call center floor and sat with one of their reps. it was very helpful to sit in with the rep to get an idea of what I would be doing I was then I was picked back up by the second interview her she asked me how the calls went I described a couple of the calls and she walked me to the elevator and then to the front office window to return my visitor badge she asked me again if this is something I could see myself doing an absolutely it was I'm not waiting the next 3 to 5 days to hear back whether I got the job fingers crossed this sounds like an amazing opportunity and company and I would really love to join the team.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

A recruiter emailed me. She told me to apply, do a couple of assessments and depending on the results we would schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview depending on the answers we would then set up an actual face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • What comes to mind when you hear the word "Progressive"?   Answer Question

Claims Generalist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

online test, phone interview, in person interview. Did not find it that hard. The process was very slow. The biggest pain was the back ground check since I had so many summer jobs. The interviews were pretty long, usually lasting an hour to two hours

Interview Questions
    • Mostly star questions.
      Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. Name a time you went above and beyond

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2015.

Applied online, contacted to take a Pre employment assessment test. Once I passed, I was then notified to set up an appointment for a phone interview. They do the STAR interview process. (Situation, Task, Action, Result.) so be prepared for those type questions. The next week I was contacted for a background check. Then a week later I was called for an In person interview.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2015.

first, asking for a online test. then arrange for a phone interview. the HR give you 3 day to choose. After the phone interview. you will get a on-site interview at local office.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2015.

1. Online assessment. Be honest with your answers. Take your time.
    2. Phone interview- All behavioral questions about 7-8.
    3. In-person Interview- More behavioral questions. Really odd questions and I had no idea how to answer! I felt like this was not a good way to know a candidate, it was more like a test and i memorized/made up stories to impress the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions. There is no way to prep for these kind of questions. They def throw curveball at you. tell me a time when you handled a difficult customer? tell me a situation when you solved a problem? Some of the hard questions they asked me, I didn't even experience that in my previous work, so I had to think and basically make up things they would want to hear.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2015.

I applied Feb 12th. Within a a few days I received an email for me to take an assesment. Within a few days of that I received another email saying they were going to set me up with a phone interview. After the interview I did my background check. I got a call shortly after that about a face to face interview. I just interviewed today. It took abut 2 hrs. I interviewed with 2 women who were very nice and friendly. They told me I would hear back by the end of the week. I just got a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had a lot of things to do. How did you manage and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2015.

I applied Feb 22. Feb 24th I received an email stating that I passed the assessment and will be contacted for a phone interview. I received an email, that allowed me to schedule a phone interview. I only had one choice. March 6th. I prepared by researching STAR questions. I basically wrote out some of the best scenarios and practiced how to answer them that touched everything that needed to be addressed. My phone interview was successful and i was scheduled for a face to face that day. I went to my face to face interview March 11, 2015. I was asked more star questions. I answered them to the best of my ability. My phone interviewer suggested I used more examples from my military experience, bc they want to hear more about that. So I did, but I'm not quite sure I was giving answers they wanted to hear, bc they kept digging for more by asking things like "how was that a bad experience" or "what was the outcome". I felt I was repeating alot, so I'm not sure if they missed a few things bc they were writting, which is absolutely fine, or if I wasn't explaining myself properly, which is a absolutely not fine. I was taken to the floor and listened to calls for 30 minutes. The calls were from customers and agents. The systems were easy to follow. I spoke with 2 supervisors. Both were friendly and very easy going. But im afraid I answered some interviewing questions wrong. Examples were hard to give bc I haven't worked in 3 years. I was told that I would recieve an answer in 48 hours. Overall, I had a nice experience. The atmosphere was great, and I look forward to becoming a progressive employee. Oh and I was emailed and completed the background check 3 days before my face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time u received a difficult phone call? How did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

An hour long STAR interview. I came on this site before my interview and I am glad I did because I would not have known about the "STAR" interview. I recommend researching the company (on glassdoor), look up those who will be interviewing you and see what you can find out about them and to see what they look like (if they have pics up) so you have some idea of whom you're speaking with. Practice interview with someone so that your comfortable. Make flash cards they helped me. One last thing if your not sure where the interview is and you don't have navigation take a trip a day or two before so you know where you're going. I'm still waiting to hear back.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Applied online on jan 8 2015.

Jan 10 2015 received an email to complete a pre-employment assessment.

Jan 15 2015 received an email to schedule a phone interview.

Jan 20 2015 Completed a 45 minute phone interview. 1st half I was briefed on the nature of the job, 2nd half I was asked about previous work and school experience and about 5 behavioral questions. Awaiting if i I will be moving forward or not.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Progressive?
      A time you were given constructive critisism?
      A time where your manager disagreed how you handled a particular customer?
      What would your previous manager say your strengths are? Areas of improvement?
      Reason for leaving previous job?

Other questions regarding work and school experience.

Answer Question