Progressive Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Be prepared for a thorough interview process. I applied January 20 through indeed.com. On January 21 I got a confirmation email that they had received my application and we're going to review it. On February 3 I received an email asking me to take a 45 to 60 minute assessment test. On February 6 I got an email stating that I had passed The assessment and to wait few days to get either an email or phone call with more information about the next step. On February 11 I got an email stating that I was going to have a phone interview attached was able to schedule that I had to choose which one I would like to take the recruiter was going to be in Mountain standard time I had to convert Pacific standard time from Mountain standard time making sure that I was available during the interview hours that were available so I chose afternoon. My phone interview was scheduled for Monday, February 16 it ended up being Presidents' Day I was a little surprised somebody was working but absolutely welcome to the interview no matter what day or time it was.The recruiter called me exactly on time and we had an hour long phone interview he gave me a little background about the company he gave me information about the wages the benefits the hours and the pay training. He then proceeded to start the star interview. Study the star questions! but all went well I was really comfortableand he was really patient with me. On February 16 I received an email stating that I was going to be moving forward and they were going to be checking my background and to wait for the next coming days for an email with the confirmation and any paperwork to fill out online to confirm the background check. The background check was completed by higher right when they had a discrepancy or couldn't get a hold of something on my background they requested additional information via email and provided three new methods of getting the information to them by phone by email or by fax and you could take a picture of your documentation and have it scanned through to them by an app called TurboScan the app cost $1.99. Before my background check was complete I got a phone call on February 17 from another recruiter asking to schedule my face-to-face interview she told me it would be between 2 to 3 hours at the on-site location she was very flexible providing times and dates that would work for me. Immediately after that call took place she sent me a follow-up email with all the information where to go what day what time and who to ask for.my interview was yesterday I met with two super friendly really nice and outgoing recruiters I was terrified for my interview because it was supposed to be 2 to 3 hours long and I didn't know what that would entail but that time flew by my first interview was the longest my second interview was the shorter portion both are very friendly and I was taken to the customer service call center floor and sat with one of their reps. it was very helpful to sit in with the rep to get an idea of what I would be doing I was then I was picked back up by the second interview her she asked me how the calls went I described a couple of the calls and she walked me to the elevator and then to the front office window to return my visitor badge she asked me again if this is something I could see myself doing an absolutely it was I'm not waiting the next 3 to 5 days to hear back whether I got the job fingers crossed this sounds like an amazing opportunity and company and I would really love to join the team.

Interview Questions

Progressive Insurance Response

Apr 16, 2015Talent Acquisition

Thanks for providing such a detailed account of your experience. Hope the positive experience continued! -KH, Recruiting

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Not only does this position have an incredibly LOW retention rate, but progressive has ridiculous qualifications. This is an entry level position where they CLAIM that all you need is a bachelor's, but if you apply without previous auto damage estimation or adjusting experience they will not hire you. They will not even consider an interview. In less than 24 hours you will get an email saying you aren't a strong enough match compared to other candidates reviewed. This would be believable if the same job listing wasn't posted for months. For a company that cannot manage to keep employees in this position they sure are selective. Hard to respect a company that isn't willing to give a chance to anyone for an ENTRY LEVEL position.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Interview

This has been the easiest most transparent recruiting process I have ever experienced. While I haven't had an offer yet if I get one at all, I am very impressed so far with how I've been handled as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you missed a deadline. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Applied online, received an email back about two weeks later, online assessment, followed by a phone interview which the recruiter asked about background and a number of STAR questions, offered an on-site interview which will take place in the upcoming week. Interview was like a conversation so don't be nervous, instead be confident in your ability.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a stressful situation. How did you handle it & what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I applied online. It took me three attempts for my resume to get accepted and get through to the survey. I took the survey but was not selected for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all situation based and how you would handle it.   1 Answer

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The process began with a phone interview first with one of the Customer Service Supervisors. After in-house testing, there was one in-person interview with two different managers.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online 3/18/15
    Received email to complete online assessment 3/19.
    Got email to schedule phone Interview 3/23, earliest date was 4/1.
    Phone interview on 4/1. She told me she'll let me know status of by Friday (4/3) but I never hear from her or got any status update until the following Friday, 4/10. Stating "The examples I shared during [the] interview did not demonstrate the level of complexity we are seeking for this particular position."

I felt recruiter not following up with me when she said she would and having no way to reach her was unprofessional. Plus considering the reason for not moving forward, she could have informed me a lot quicker.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me. She told me to apply, do a couple of assessments and depending on the results we would schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview depending on the answers we would then set up an actual face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• What comes to mind when you hear the word "Progressive"?   Answer Question

Claims Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

online test, phone interview, in person interview. Did not find it that hard. The process was very slow. The biggest pain was the back ground check since I had so many summer jobs. The interviews were pretty long, usually lasting an hour to two hours

Interview Questions

• Mostly star questions.
      Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. Name a time you went above and beyond

Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

first, asking for a online test. then arrange for a phone interview. the HR give you 3 day to choose. After the phone interview. you will get a on-site interview at local office.