Progressive Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Customer Service Adjuster Interview

Claims Customer Service Adjuster
Mayfield, OH

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in June 2014.

Interview Details – As others have mentioned there are several steps to the process: pre-screen selection email, math and English tests, telephone interview, interview onsite with management, potential offer, and class start. As for me I started the process in early June and it ended in later June. I was selected and went through the process successfully and conducted onsite interviews at the Mayfield Village campus. The questions being asked were STAR format so you should keep answers concise. In the end I was not selected for the position. Feedback seemed pretty bogus e.g. "they weren't sure you could handle the fast paced nature of the position" yet "you have excellent communication and came prepared with full knowledge of our company". I was not applying for a CFO position but a very basic entry level position with the company and I have prior claims experience. I've applied for several other positions as suggested by a recruiter and was turned down rather quickly for them. I am rating this negative for a few reasons: I expected to be offered a position after showing good face and good effort with preparedness and genuine interest in the company, I do not appreciate a company doing intensive background checks on my history (my passing that check and them having contacted my foreign employer) only to not offer the position - this makes a candidate with international experience such as myself look foolish to have too many people calling my foreign employer abroad checking up on me, and in regards to the last point if they don't respect candidates' professional reputation they need to stop asking for such detailed background checks or wait until they are going to offer the position to a candidate which might be a more appropriate time and save their company money. TLDR: I passed all their checks/steps but was turned down for a position for vague and nebulous reasons - company contacted my foreign employer - not happy about it.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss and had to convince him/her to see your side of the story.   Answer Question

IT Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

IT Quality Assurance Analyst
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – First interview was an HR interview and it was pretty easy. Simple academic questions as they pertained to the job and previous experience through internships. After that, there were 4 interviews onsite, where managers/leads from different departments asked me behavioral interview questions. Simple, and straight-forward.

Interview Questions

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on their user friendly system. After applying, I got an email from them in about 2 weeks letting me know I passed the initial evaluation. Then I took their online test which was a combination of basic math, graph analysis, and behavioral questions. A couple of hours after submitting the test, I got an email saying I passed it and to wait for an email or phone call for scheduling a phone interview. I moved on tto the in person interview and made it. I accepted their job offer.

Interview Question – Asked about 7-8 STARS interview questions on phone interview. The interviewer was very good at making me feel comfortable.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Glen Burnie, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2014.

Interview Details – The Interview process was fairly easy. I first completed an online assessment. This assesment evaluates your basic math and behavioral and problem solving skills. Upon completion I received an email stating I passed and the next step would be a phone Interview. I was able to select the time. The phone interview was a series of about 7-8 behavioral questions. ex., Explain a time when.... the phone recruiter was very personable and easy to speak with. At the end of the interview she made sure to tell me that I did a great job and that she would send her recommendation to the hiring manager for an in-person interview. I received a phone call about a few days later scheduling me for the inperson interview. She was sure to tell me to prepare for STAR format behavioral question, to research the company and specifically be able to answer why I want to work for progressive and why I want to work in the claims adjuster position. Interview was fairly comfortable, I interviewed with the district manager. She asked about 7-8 star format behavioral questions, showed me around the facility and gave me an opportunity to ask her any questions. She informed me I would know a decision either way within 3 days. In exactly 3 days the recruiter called to offer me the job.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you did not agree with your supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The offer was more than expected.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster

Interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview Details – Ask a lot of situational questions. Have specific examples prepared ahead of time. Customer service is a priority so a lot of questions focus on this area. Answers should be specific examples from previous work experiences

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you did something out of the ordinary for a customer.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and soon was e-mailed to take an online test. Like a lot of reviews, it was fairly quick, although you can take up to 2 hours to complete. Shortly after that I received an e-mail that I passed the test and they wanted to conduct a phone interview. It took about a week to get the e-mail to schedule my phone interview. I had prepared-reviewing the website and had scenarios for questions. I felt prepared. I was called at the time I had chosen. The recruiter seemed nice enough. Toward the end, she definitely was seeming annoyed. I guess I was not discussing my current role enough, but when you have been working somewhere for years, versus months, it's pretty simple to discuss where you have more scenarios and experience. At this point, I felt she reprimanded me and told me what I do in my current role and told me how to answer the question. I was so put off. I have never been spoken to in that matter in an interview! Needless to say, the interview ended. I was not surprised when a week later I got an e-mail explaining that I will not be moving forward. That's okay with me. If your recruiters are rude, I can only imagine how others are. In the end you'll get a survey asking how you felt the interview process went.

Interview Question – A lot of STAR questions   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2010.

Interview Details – There were three interviews, the initial one took place over the phone. The next step is getting called in to come on-site and take a test, which consists of basic math and english questions which is hardly difficult. They also assess your personality at this time, if you want to pass you MUST be consistent. They throw the same question in a few pages apart so you must be focused and on top of your game. If you pass that part, you are invited back and are interviewed by three managers. They ask you the standard interview questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a disagreement or dispute with your boss and explain how you worked it out.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating, they advertised to fill a specific position with a specific salary which I accepted

Claims Adjuster Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – I submit my application 6/3/14 and was then emailed stating that I had moved on in the interview process, I then was sent a link to perform the employee assessment test a day later, the test was composed of about 50 questions. I was nervous at first but it wasn't as difficult as I expected, I'm terrible at math and there are charts and graphs and questions about predicting future outcomes, then there were several behavioral questions. I took the test in about an hour and then was emailed the next day stating I had passed the test and would be moving forward to a phone interview. I have my phone interview for this Wednesday and am studying the STAR format as mentioned in the email. Hopefully the I do well and will move forward to the in person interview!!! :)

Interview Question – The graphs and tables on the assessment were a bit confusing but nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Claims Generalist Intermediate Interview

Claims Generalist Intermediate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – Targets selection questions covering situations you may have experienced and handled in the past. There is no right or wrong answer, they are trying to gauge whether you can handle unreasonable expectations, constant changes, incompetent management, and unhappy customers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you faced a difficult situation and the steps you took overcome the obstacle and the results.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is none, they tell you how it's going to be....

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster

I applied online and interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – Initial interview, then 2-3 person interview, final interview district manager. and skills test. The first interview was general in nature. The 2nd group interview was more intensive with questions about work situations in previous jobs, etc. If you pass the group interview, you are typically good to go,the final interview is more just to negotiate salary, go over which shift you will work, etc.

Interview Question – Name a situation on your last job where you had a difficulty with a customer and how you resolved the situation. Name something you are not good at and how did you change it and become better at it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Progressive Insurance

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Progressive Insurance Videos

Progressive Insurance – Why Work for Us?

Around here, people use the word “love” when talking about their jobs. That’s because Progressive is a special type of place… where you don’t stop until a project is finished—then eagerly move on to new and exciting… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Progressive Insurance interview questions and advice. All 352 interview reviews posted anonymously by Progressive Insurance employees and interview candidates.