Progressive Insurance Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2014.

Applied online,rec'd email to take an online assessment, scheduled a phone interview, then an in person interview with one manager, background check, job offer was extended, negotiated and accepted

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you took a stance on a situation only to change your mind later.   View Answer
    Received and offer exceeding the pay range for the position since I have multiple years experience with another company for insurance, I was able to negotiate for even more money.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

They first have to accept your application which took about 3 weeks. Then take an assessment consisting of basic math and what would you do questions. If you pass then they give a phone interview which consisted of STAR format questions and past education and work history. She told me I did good on the phone interview and would schedule me for an in person interview. It took about a week for her to get back to me for an interview and the interview was scheduled for a week after that. Interview was easier than the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • All interview questions were expected to be answered in STAR format, so be prepared with examples.   View Answer

IT Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in April 2014.

Behavioral based interviews. Uses the STAR format. SITUATION/TASK, ACTION, RESOLUTION. If you follow this for every question, you will do well. Most people go in not understanding the concept. Do not skip questions, if you do, you make sure you are the one to go back and answer it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2013.

Excellent, thorough and friendly without having to feel like you were being scrutinized every five to ten minutes. Punctual time frame set for interview, and it was right on schedule. Felt at ease the entire time and it was as if the interviewer were sitting across from me, not on the phone, three hundred miles away.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online and after a week i was asked to complete the assessment test and right away i was notified that i pass the assessment test and to wait for an email or phone call to make phone interview appointment. after a week i was schedule for an phone interview. after 2 days i was notify for the face to face interview.

Injury Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Once a slot opens, open quickly. Immediately attempt to get your numbers together since this is a numbers driven company. Speak with the managers & shadow at least 2 ppl to utilize in your interview. Will be in person w/ injury manager & team leader (not usually the one you will work for if you get the slot).

Interview Questions
    They tell you what they will pay. Usually you get like an additional 4% raise. No real negotiations.

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2014.

You start off by registering on the website, and after that you can search and apply to positions. I originally applied for five positions, and received an email inviting me to take a pre-employment test. I took the test (took about 30 minutes, I think you have 2 hours to complete it) it was math questions and customer service situational questions. I got an email a few days later that I passed the test and was invited to schedule a phone interview. There's only a day or two in which to schedule with different times throughout the day. I scheduled mine for the following week, had the phone interview. It lasted about 45 minutes. Lots of star based questions and the interviewer going over position details, asking about background and such. I got a call the following week to schedule on site interview for later that week. The on site interview was much like the phone, only with two different interviewers and lasting about 2 hours in all. The day before the on site interview, I received an email for background screening with Hire Right. Completed that day, and was asked to submit w2s and verify employment info from previous employers. That took a little over a week to be completed. The following week after the on site interviews, I was told they were prepared to offer me the job but were waiting on the background check. Two days later, I was called and offered the position! Study your star questions, they're important!

Interview Questions
    • Look up star interview questions, think of a past situation to answer and you'll be good. Preparation is needed though.   Answer Question
    Set hourly rate, no negotiation had or needed.

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2014.

Applied online. This position is for an unlicensed agent, I currently hold my insurance license. The interview process took three hours. Face to face interviews with two managers and listening to an agent for thirty minutes. or an unlicensed agent, I currently hold my insurance license. The interview process took three hours. Face to face interviews with two managers and listening to an agent for thirty minutes.
    I was told when I received the call I did not receive the job that I did not have the background they were looking for. I've worked in insurance for several years now.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2014.

I applied on May 25, 2014 and was contacted by a recruiter for an initial phone screen Jun 26, 2014. I had a face to face interview with the Hiring Manager in Mid-July.

The parties (recruiter & hm) were very friendly and receptive to my questions.

Although the process has been a little longer than preferred, it has been a rather smooth interaction with the company.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't rate this as a difficult or unexpected question, but I was asked why I wanted to transition into a role in the Insurance industry.   View Answer
    The salary was pretty much determined from the application phase.

Although a significant reduction from my current salary, I was able to obtain a few thousands more on the base.

Claims Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2013.

They put you thru the ringer for an entry level job!! They have at least two phone screens before you can even meet with a live person. Then, you must give a ton of real world experiences to get you through the interview process. Very long process for an entry level job

Interview Questions
    No negotiation at all involved

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!