Progressive Insurance

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

3.3

Call Center Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

You will have 2 interviews back to back with 2 different managers. They will ask you multiple questions about your experience with handling calls and irate customers. They will also allow you to sit with an current associate to see what they actually do. This will give you the opportunity to really experience what your job will be.

Interview Questions
    • There's not any difficult or unexpected questions. Just be complete with your answer.   Answer Question
    There is not a negotiation phase with them.

Customer Service Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

I submitted an application and was invited to take the preemployment exam. There was a two hour window recommended, but I completed it in under 30 minutes. I received a form letter saying I am not a strong enough match but they liked what they saw. I am barred from retaking the test for 180 days but they may contact me regarding a position that better suits my qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly simple sales trend pie chart questions, mainly.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

She started with simple facts about me and my abilities which was about half of the time spent on the phone then went to the STAR questions. None of the 50 or so questions I had composed answers for were asked. The questions were bizzare and have of them I had to just make something up. I got no feedback to let me know when to stop talking and when I did stop talking there was a long pause that made me more and more nervous. I feel like after I prepared for many days that it was impossible to prepare for this. I don't remember the exact question but Name a time when you saved the day.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were resposible for a product that significantly improved the company.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Applied online on jan 8 2015.

Jan 10 2015 received an email to complete a pre-employment assessment.

Jan 15 2015 received an email to schedule a phone interview.

Jan 20 2015 Completed a 45 minute phone interview. 1st half I was briefed on the nature of the job, 2nd half I was asked about previous work and school experience and about 5 behavioral questions. Awaiting if i I will be moving forward or not.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Progressive?
      A time you were given constructive critisism?
      A time where your manager disagreed how you handled a particular customer?
      What would your previous manager say your strengths are? Areas of improvement?
      Reason for leaving previous job?

Other questions regarding work and school experience.

Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

The questions were behavioral type questions which were situational in nature in hopes of trying to get you to express your ability to deal with stress and how you handle customers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to tell a customer something he did not want to hear and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Use the "behavioral based" interviewing technique. Will ask you scripted questions asking about what YOUR successes or goofs have been in your career. Candidates are highly encouraged to use the STAR method of response. Bottom line is they will ask about what YOUR abilities are and then turn you down for the position claiming the interview revealed your all about you and not about teamwork.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example where you went above and beyond your regular duties   Answer Question
    • Give us an example when you really screwed up in your position.   Answer Question
    • Give us an.example of your greatest accomplishment in your profession   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a situation where you dealt with a difficult employee   Answer Question
    • Give us an example when you did not perform at your best.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2015.

applied online and heard back a couple of days later via email with a request to take an assessment test. It was pretty standard. Once that was submitted I received a request (via email) to set up a phone interview. This took place approx. 1 week later. The interview was based on the STAR method and really kept you thinking. The total interview lasted approx 45 min. I was emailed 4-5 days later saying that I did not get the job but if I gained any more experience in the insurance field to contact the recruiter as they would be willing to reconsider my application. This is for a trainee position. I feel that I was truthful in my application and resume and that they knew before setting me up for this whole process what my experience was. If it wasnt enough, I never should have been contacted. If an experienced associate is whats needed then maybe that should be listed in the job description or trainee removed from the title

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2015.

I applied on 12/4 through the website. About two days later they sent me an invitation to do the assessment. Completed that the same day and then the following week I got an email to set a phone interview time. (let me just say the entire process is VERY thorough and long lol) but anyway, I want to say the phone interview was the same week. I passed that. The recruiter was very nice, she even gave me tips on my resume and briefed me about how the onsite interview would go. I got an email the following Monday requesting a background check--I submitted my info for it. By Friday I was called to schedule an on-site interview which didn't take place until this month. (hence the longevity I spoke of earlier)

The onsite interview lasted about 1 1/2 hours. I met with two separate managers. The 1st one was soooo nice and interactive. Every response I gave her came with positive feedback from her. Then I went in and listened to a few calls w/a rep on the floor. Another manager came to get me. She was okay. Not mean, not too nice though. I had already asked all the questions I had to the 1st lady so the 2nd one asked and I told her I didn't have any questions so she got straight to it. I was a little intimidated since she wasn't AS social/friendly as the 1st one but again she wasn't bad either.

Alright so a week later I got a call from the hiring manager offering me the position. I had to chose a different schedule then what I originally signed for but I like the 2nd schedule even more :)

**Long process, understandable though--they really try to find the best possible candidate. Out of all job interviews I've ever been on this was the hardest in sense of questioning--but definitely not something you cant accomplish if you DO YOUR RESEARCH!(Star questions, about 12 total)**

Interview Questions
    • I cant think off hand, but I know I was asked at least two from the website.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.. It is a decent offer for me so I Gladly accepted

Marketing Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2015.

Submitted application online. Invited to take an online assessment, which I completed. Received an email that I would be moving on to a telephone interview, which I had with a corporate interviewer. She scheduled the interview via email and followed through. The phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was told at the time that she would want me to be prepared to speak with the hiring manager the following week. I hadn't heard back, sent an email and called to inquire as to date and time. Received an email form the initial interviewer to follow up and a call from her the following day. Total process to this point took approximately 3 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The 1st question she asked was whether I had any questions for her--it threw me a little, as far as when the question was asked. Otherwise, standard "behavior" type interview.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Progressive seems to be very thorough with the interview process. I would not consider the process to be easy or hard. I think that if you put the effort in and really want the job then you will be fine. First applied online within a couple of days I got an email about taking an online assessment. From there I was invited to an on-site interview event where there was about 20 other people there and each person had a different interviewer. After the on-site interview they took me to an office to schedule an interview with two hiring managers. The second interview took about 2 hours. The interview questions were challenging but, not impossible. If you are thorough in your answers and provide a lot of details you will be good. They mostly ask questions about past experiences. Out of my three interviews I liked all of the interviewers they did a great job and made the interview go smoothly. I think if you are super friendly and nice you will be a shoe in! The process took about 3 weeks so not too shabby.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake?   View Answer
    Not really a negotiation phase