Progressive Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Maitland, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a test, then a phone interview then in person with a supervisor and a manager. Answer with STAR format if not you will not pass the interview. Real life experiences are needed. Use the website it properly prepares you!!! Real life experiences in STAR format!!!! Kelly Davis in Ohio was amazing she was very prompt and detailed and extremely friendly she and Kelly Buster and Amika are the another reason I wanted to work here they are friendly and welcoming, So excited to start my career I LOVE PROGRESSIVE!!!!!!

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Parsippany, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online 06/30. I received pre-employement assessment 07/12. I received my results on 7/13. Progressive requested a phone interview 07/14. I scheduled my interview 07/23. Recruiter promised me a decision within two business days. If selected to move on through the process, I will have to do a background check and one more face to face interview with recruiters at the office. I had a great experience with the phone interview today, and the recruiter really explained the position in a way that makes me even more excited at the possibility of working at Progressive. Personally, there is no best way to prepare for the interviews with behavioral questions. You just have to focus and be confident about your past experiences and just say it in the STAR format. I am looking forward to hopefully moving through the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to explain to a customer about your company's policies.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2015.

Interview

Passed online test, had 45 minute phone interview. I was told by the person that she would get back to me asap. It has been a week. Nothing. Kinda unprofessional. Disappointed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Apply online, email for online testing, phone interview, on site interview, and then a call with the offer once the background check is complete. Once the phone interview was over, while she was still on the line with me, the recruiter emailed me the permission form for the background check and scheduled my in-person interview. When the in person interview finished, the manager told me I would hear from the recruiter in about a week. I got an offer by email and phone 8 days after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about your current job? Be specific and explain what changes you would make and what the result would be.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate my salary since this is an entry-level position. Not sure if you can or not. Be sure and go over the offer with your recruiter. Maybe I dropped the ball on negotiating salary?

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position on 06/08 and didn't receive an email until 07/12 that I passed the initial screening and to take an assessment. The assessment took about 45 min to complete. I was stressing really bad over it but it was not bad at all. It asked some basic word problems, to interpret profit/loss graphs, and behavioral questions. I completed the assessment at 8pm and had an email by 7am the next day informing me that I passed. The following day I received an email for me to schedule my phone interview and I received 4 slots to choose from. I chose the first available slot which was 07/21. The recruiter contacted me right on time and the call lasted about 40 minutes. She asked 6-7 STAR questions and basic interview questions like "why progressive?" At the end of the call she told me that I did well and wanted to know if I had time that same day to conduct a face to face interview! I was very excited but had to work later that day so I scheduled my face to face interview for the following week on 07/27. The person I interviewed with was a Claims Manager and he was very friendly and completely put me at ease during the interview. I love how open and upfront Progressive is about their hiring process. There were NO surprises whatsoever! My interview lasted about 40 minutes and later on in the afternoon I got a call from my recruiter offering me the position! Yay, I was so excited and I am still so thrilled that I will soon be joining an amazing organization. Thank you so much Progressive for making this process so seamless and I can not wait to began my new career.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone was not forthcoming with information you needed to do your job. What did you do?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a process you realized was flawed and what did you do about it?   1 Answer
    • What do you like least about your current employer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I found the job posting on indeed, it was recommended due to my past experience. It said it was a good match. After the appplication was submitted, I received a email requesting to take an assessment. I passed the assessment, and received and email that a recruiter will contact me to schedule a phone interview. It took about 3 weeks to schedule the interview. I had my phone interview on Monday, and they basically asked STAR behavior questions. Today I got an email indicating I was not going to move forward. I don't understand if I had all the requirements, except for experience in this area. It is a trainee program, right? Entry level position? I'm really disappointed, I felt like the recruiter did not care and was quite serious. The recruiter felt cold, and it was pretty intimidating. Before I applied I researched progressive, and I felt like I had a chance. I would love to have the opportunity for someone to tell me what I could have done to have the opportunity. Thanks again!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made made a mistake?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

After having qualified via the online assessments, I was given a very thorough screening call from Human Resources, which lead to the in-person interview. Very friendly atmosphere and interviewer. They made you feel quite comfortable chatting about your resume and prior related work experience and job skills. The focus of the interview consisted of the STAR approach to interview questions and concentrated on the behavioral aspect.

Interview Questions

• A couple of questions were "Tell me about a time when you made a bad decision. What did you do?," and, "Tell me about a time when you had too many things to do and you had to prioritize your tasks."   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Interviewer asked a lot of questions that I had a difficult time answering because my past jobs have had nothing to do with meeting goals or working within a matrix. The job description used customer service as a main point but none of the questions had anything to do with my customer service background.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

I was greeted by a recruiter and was taken on a tour of the office and she went over all they had to offer if you were an employee there. Then we went into a room for an interview that lasted for about 30-40 min. Afterwards she introduced me to an employee to listen on a few of her calls to get a preview of what I would be doing. The second recruiter went and introduced himself from there we went into another room and he interviewed me which lasted for about 30 mins aswell, I was walked out and told I would be contacted once they had made their decision. Everyone was friendly and the environment felt very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What did I do at my previous job, what made me interested in applying for progressive, did I apply for any other insurance companies (etc.) basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Just like everyone has said, I filled out the application which involved a timed assessment(June 11th.) The next day, I received a congratulatory email stating I passed the online assessment and to look out for an email with further instructions. I got an email only 2 hours later requesting a phone interview be set up! When I first applied around six months ago, I only got an email several days later saying I was not going to move on with the process. Expecting the same results, I was very excited to see I again passed the assessment. Getting a phone interview within only hours was the cherry on top, giving me a boost of confidence. I immediately picked my phone interview time through the link in the sent email to ensure the closest available time.(June 17th) I spent the next 4-5 days preparing for the interview by taking heavy notes answering generic behavioral questions and finding out as much as I could about Progressive, including their values and any recent news. While I was nervous, the preparation helped keep my head in-line. My recruiter called only two minutes late and was very thorough in explanation of the job and important aspects of the 4 month training program. There were a few behavioral type questions with a lot of focus on previous experience and before I knew it, our call was over! Although the interview lasted a little over 45 minutes, I felt not a second was wasted and liked learning more about the company and job I was applying for. The only thing that caused concern was talk of the background check. I was told that simply not putting the right date on previous employment could cost me the position! I guess its my own fault for not keeping track of every aspect of my work history. Anyway, she ended our interview with expectations of hearing about my next steps by the 19th. Luckily I did not have to wait long. The next day (June 18th) I received an email inviting me to do the background check! While I was very excited about moving along in the process, my stomach tied in knots as I thought about how serious I had to research and make sure I answered everything as accurately as I could. I was more nervous about completing the check than I am about the 2 face-to-face interviews I'm expecting next. I am hoping the rest of the process goes just as smooth and quickly, mainly the HireRight background check. Looking forward to more good news, I will post about the F2Fs once completed :)

Interview Questions

Progressive Insurance Response

Jul 14, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing feedback on your interview experience. Sounds like things went well given your "accepted offer" status. Congratulations and welcome to the team! -KH, Recruiting