Progressive Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Claims Customer Service Representative
Riverview, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and completed an assessment. I was notified to expect a phone interview from them. Two weeks later no response about the phone interview. Applied for other positions and received immediate denials. I went ahead and withdrew my remaining application(pending interview) and wrote them an email about how unprofessional their company is to leave a person waiting just to schedule a phone interview.

Claims Adjusters Trainee Interview

Claims Adjusters Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – It is a longer process that is quite thorough. Assessment tests, background checks, multiple interviews, and simulations are all part of the fun. It has been three weeks for my self at this time. So far all has gone well and I am looking forward to an offer soon. Just be calm and use Customer Service skills!

Interview Question – Just make sure you use the STAR format while answering questions and use specific examples.   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through their website. After a couple of emails from them keeping me updated on the process I finally get an email to schedule a phone interview two weeks later. Phone interview was about an hour long and I was asked about my former jobs and education. Then comes the tricky part. They use STAR questions which is pretty much answered as if you were like story telling. They ask for specific situations and how you handled them. Recruiter was nice and patient with me. Recruiter then proceeds to tell me that I passed and that the next step is to set up an interview with the manager at the office I applied for. That interview comes a week later. It starts off with regular questions about my past jobs and education. Then comes more STAR questions. This time around I was more prepared and pretty much memorized all sorts of situations. I did my research leading up to the interview and saw which STAR questions were the most common so I wouldn't get caught flat footed. The manager must have been satisfied with my responses because he barely asked questions meaning I covered everything he was looking for. I initially thought the interview would be longer because I read that for some people it took 1-2 hours long but I was done in 30-40 minutes. The manager was very well spoken and answered all the questions I had. Make sure to come up with good questions!! He then thanked me for coming and told me that I would be receiving a call sometime the next week with their decision. I felt all in all the interview went great but I didn't want to get my hopes up. The anticipation was killing me but early that next week I got the call and got offered the job. The person who called me was the one I had the phone interview with. She was genuinely happy for me. I thought it was a nice gesture.

Interview Question – The STAR questions are tricky but they let you take your time so you can remember a specific situation. Don't be scared to take as much time as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2014.

Interview Details – I initially applied online on progressive's website. I received an email the very next day, stating I met the qualifications they wanted to move forward and sent me a link to take an assessment test. I took the test, it was a timed test with basic arithmetic and a few customer service based questions. I completed the assessment, again the next day they sent another email stating they wanted to move forward with a phone interview and sent me a link to schedule my phone interview. There was only one day to choose from for the phone interview, so I had to arrange time around my current job to actually have the phone interview. The interview was the next week, they called about 5 minutes after the specified time, it lasted about 20 minutes, it consisted pretty much of all STAR questions. I felt really prepared because I studied a lot of different STAR questions prior, I asked her when I should expect to hear back from her, she stated 48 business hours even if they did not want to consider me, they will still contact me to let me know. The next day I received an email stating they wanted to move forward, sent me a link to complete the application and called me to schedule a face to face final interview that will be done by two different individuals. After I scheduled my interview, they sent me a link to for the back ground information, to be done by a company called hire right. That is as far as I've gotten so far my interview is tomorrow, it has been 2 weeks since my phone interview. Overall, so far it has been about a 3 week process.

Interview Question – None that I can think of   Answer Question

Medical Claims Representative Interview

Medical Claims Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee from within Progressive. I sent in my application and was emailed automatically from Progressive stating they received my application and that they would be in touch. About a week later they sent me an online test which was extremely easy based on ethics, work environment, and reading graphs to identify trend in data. I was notified within that week that I would have a phone interview.

During the phone interview I was given STAR questions ( scenario based ) and I obviously did fine as I was called in for an in person interview.
At the in person interview it lasted about 30 minutes with similar STAR type questions.
Two weeks later I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Name a time you did something that wasn't in the norm at one of your past employments, and what did you do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, accepted what they gave.

Very Difficult Interview

Claims Adjuster Trainee

Interview Details – After filling out an application was sent to online assessment that took about half hour. Scheduled phone interview in about a week with 7-8 STAR format questions, education, work history and reason for applying to Progressive. IMO, STAR format is the worst interview format for an entry level position! I was told that situations I described were not complex enough. How am I supposed to have experienced overly complex situations when I just graduated and only have basic work experience?!

Interview Question – Describe a process that you have implemented for dealing with too many tasks and give and example of how you used it,.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative

I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in April 2013.

Interview Details – After applying, you will receive a phone call to schedule a phone interview. After successfully passing the phone interview, you will receive another phone call to schedule a one-on-one interview.

Interview Question – All of the questions generally were the "Tell me about a time..." which was not too difficult since the answers were based on personal experiences.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a bit long. First your resume had to be accepted and after that process you must pass an assessment. You get the results of the assessment within a few hours. Once you pass the assessment you get a time to schedule your phone interview. My phone interview went great. Took about an hour. Make sure you prepare and use the STAR format. After the phone interview there is an in person interview. Same format, using STAR although, during my interview we did go off track a bit and off the STAR format. About a week after my in person interview I got a call saying that my interview went extremely well and that they would like to offer me the job!

Interview Question – Name a time where you could have taken several paths to resolve an issue, which path did you take and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Very Difficult Interview

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Claims Customer Service Representative
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received an email a few dayys later to take an online test. Had a phone interview for about an hour the lady was very nice. I admitted to her that I had been fired from a job in the past and that it was my fault because of personal issues, yet when I got to the in oerson interview I was asked about it two more times from the other two interviewers and by that time I started to get a bit upset and frustrated because its hard for me to talk abooit that time in my life and either they dont communicate with eachother or they were just trying to get more information which makes no sense because I could have very wel lied about it. As son as I walked in I felt uncomfortable. The atmosphere was kind of fake and unwelcoming. The first lady was nice and asked a round of behavioral questions. The second girl came in and did the same except she frustrated me because she was half listening to my answers and trying to write when she should have been listening so she would look up and ask me for example " and what resulted from that? When I had just told her. Also when she was trying to understand an answer she would look at you face wrinkled up all crazy and made me feel uncomfortable and stupid. In mu opinion she had no business doing interviews and by that time I was ready to just go lol. They were the STAR format and it was maybe 10 or 12 each recruiter. Some of them were difficult only because they didnt apply to me and I would have had to have made up an answer which I was not going to do so basically they are just looking for liars and not honest people like they say. And they make u start a background check BEFORE you even get a job offer or your first interview which is silly because they tried to make me obtain all this employment verification and such for no reason. It was very much a waste of time and given the atmosphere I dont think I would have been happy there but im sure its a great place to work for some people.

Interview Question – The ones they ask that had nothing to do with me   Answer Question

IT Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

IT Quality Assurance Analyst
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – First interview was an HR interview and it was pretty easy. Simple academic questions as they pertained to the job and previous experience through internships. After that, there were 4 interviews onsite, where managers/leads from different departments asked me behavioral interview questions. Simple, and straight-forward.

Interview Questions