Progressive Insurance

Average Difficulty
361 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – I got hired through innosource. I had an online assesment and then a call back the next day for my interview 2 days later i scheduled for an interview with progressive and 2 days from that i was givin a position which i accepted. The background check was extremly extensive but no drug test. Confidence and willingness to learn is a PLUS you will work 2 weeks in the hole

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond your job tittle   Answer Question
  • When was a rime you had misjudgment in the work place abd how did you correct it   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2010.

Interview Details – They use the STAR interview process, it is quite lengthy and extremely detailed. I would recommend looking up examples online prior to interview. The entire interview process was very long, took about 2 months from start to finish.

Interview Question – For each question you had to answer in the STAR format, which is situation, task, action, result. The best advice I can give is try to tell a good story, that's the only way I got through it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was NO negotiations, you either accepted or declined.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, online assessment, phone interview, f2f interview. Background check. It was a pretty standard interview process. Made you shadow with a phone rep to see how you like it before making an offer.

Interview Question – All standard star based question on "tell me of a time....."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2014.

Interview Details – So I went through all the steps,took and passed online assesment after 1 week I found out results next step was phone interview, the interviewer was great and said normally she didnt tell people right away but I had made it through to the face to face interview. I received a link to have my background checked and received a phone assesment for my Spanish. I was sure I had the job, the face to face interview gves no room to talk about yourself AT ALL only STAR questions.( I have been in the call center/CSR field over 10 years the last 6 I was management in the call center actually monitored the calls for accuracy and quality). The recruiter called me on the 3rd day to inform me I was not selected because they are looking for someone more "customer service oriented" From other comments I have seen it appears that if you have management experience you are not likely to get hired, in fact the person that I sat with to fill me in on the job details indicate she didnt have much experience before working there. I still would like to apply I feel it is a great company but not sure what they are looking for as it seems they want experience but not "too much"

Interview Question – Have you applied anywhere else?   Answer Question

Riverview, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2011.

Interview Details – Progressive's hiring process is one of the most rigorous I have encountered. Submit application, complete phone interview, background check (intensive) and two face to face interviews. They use the STAR method for interviewing... so prepare prepare prepare.

Interview Question – Tell me of a time when you made a mistake and what you did.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Claims Generalist Intermediate Interview

Claims Generalist Intermediate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was extremely thorough, and included a background check. The interview process consisted of an initial phone interview, an in-person interview with a local branch manager, and a secondary "interview" with members of the team and a team leader. As a prospective employee, I felt I had the opportunity to "interview" the company while they were interviewing me.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision that you knew your supervisor would not like or agree with, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Claims Adjuster Trainee
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – Applied online and a few days later I received an email stating that they were impressed with my credentials and that I needed to take an online assessment that included basic mathbproblems and a personality test. I hate doing personality test because I never do well with them. I did some research on the type of test that would be given and garnered some great insight on how to approach the test. The advice was to answer as if you're the perfect employee and another tip was to mentally add the phrase "at work" to the end of each question. These were great tactics because I passed my first personality test. The math portion of the test was very easy. It dealt basically with projections and reading charts.

I after I completed the test I received an email a few hours later stating that I passed and that i would move on to the phone interview portion of the process. I received an email link to the scheduling calendar and schedule my interview for 5 days later, because I wanted to research the company and the STAR interview method that they said they would be using.

My phone interview went well. I was nervous at first but the recruiter put me at ease and once we established a rapport I was able to answer the questions in full detail.
Before the recruiter started the questions she did inform me that the answer should be in STAR FORMAT, in order to save time. I would advise you to write the main points of the questions down so you don't forget the question or get off-track.

This Glaasdoor website provided a ton of information, I garnered at least 20 different STAR questions from here. The interview lasted about an hour even though the pace was very fast. Maintain control and make sure that you get your important points across.

I received an email today stating that I made it to the next time to interview with the hiring manager but that I needed to pass the background check stage first. The in~person interview may be about a week away. So I'll start preparing for that and smoothing out my presentation.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to obtain information from someone who was not as forthcoming as they should have been?   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Senior Programmer Analyst
Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2011.

Interview Details – two senior developers or architects alternate in the questions, and instead of specific tech Q&A, focus was more on designing software, general structuring, and idioms on how to avoid pits and traps

Interview Question – Asked to code on the spot, review it, self-critique it, and see if there are opportunities to make it better   View Answer

Negotiation Details – managers have some leeway in enticing the offer, but not much. A publication such as book or article helps in getting a bit more.

Claims Generalist Trainee Interview

Claims Generalist Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – After applying online I received a link to complete and online assessment . I finished and passed this and received a call a week later to set up a phone interview. After completing this interview I had an extensive in person interview with a manager.

Interview Question – Please describe a situation where you had to complete a task that was against what you believe in.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster
Eugene, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2014.

Interview Details – They have a long application process. I submitted the application in March and they made a decision mid May. Everyone in the interviewing process was friendly and helpful. It seemed like they all wanted to hire me. They told me that I would hear within 2 weeks after the final interview and I heard 17 days later. I felt that it was a straightforward process and quite enjoyable as far as interviews go.

Interview Question – I didn't think any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. They use the STAR system of interviewing so if you understand that you will do fine.   Answer Question