Progressive Insurance

3.3

Claims Adjusters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

First there was the phone interview which went fairly well. I elaborated enough on answers that the recruiter didn't have to ask as many questions. It is important to ask a few questions of your own as well. One thing that I asked was about how many people they were looking to fill this position which was important to me bec it lets me know if I will have a good chance or not. I'm finding that there are many applying for the same job nowadays. The in person interview was a waste of time. I immediately felt like I was talking to myself and that the position was already filled. The phone interviewer followed up and asked if I would consider an out of state position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stands out. Pretty much the normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

I applied through their website about 3 weeks ago and completed the test. The next day I received an email to schedule the phone interview. I had the phone interview the following week...fairly easy...the recruiter was really nice and made the whole interview conversational. It took about an hour to finish...she told me right there and then that she would really like for me to move on to the face to face interview. She told me I would receive an email to set up a date and time.

Shortly after she sent me a day and time slots I could interview in...also I received the request for the background exam.

Today I had the face to face...the interviewer was extremely nice and gave me information about what they were looking for in a candidate.

Overall I think the interview went great...he said I was the first to interview out of 6 people...that I would be contacted next week after the interviews were over to see if I would receive an offer or not. I hope I do. I will update this when I find out.

UPDATE

A week and a half after my interview I have received an offer. And I accepted it... I start in two weeks. They let you give a two week notice from your current job which is awesome of them!

Interview Questions
    • What processes or procedures have you impacted with your current employer?

**Not difficult to answer but a little unexpected** As a manager, what is your work ethic and what do you expect from your employees?

Answer Question

Progressive Insurance Response

Nov 6, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for providing such detailed feedback about our process. Welcome to the Progressive family! –KH, Recruiting

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

The process took several months. Phone interview, background check, and interview. Nothing too difficult. The process could have went much faster though. A 2 person interview. Typical interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Applied online and received an email for me to take an online exam a few days after. Exam was roughly 40 questions long going over behavioral situations, personality inquires, and some math.a couple days after that I received another email requesting that I schedule a time slot for a phone interview. My phone interview came and was pretty basic. The questions were mostly related to my resume and some behavioral questions following the STAR form for answering. The interview lasted roughly 45 minutes. 2 days later I had received an email requesting that I come into their offices for a face to face interview. I had to schedule the interview almost 2 weeks out because of conflicting schedules with my current employer. The interview came and i met the night customer service supervisor and took a quick tour of part of the facility. They sat me down with a team member to watch them take a couple calls to see if I had any questions or concerns about the job. After that they took me into what they call Quiet Rooms where you can relax or hold private meetings and started the interview. The interview was very similar to the phone interviews just with a bit more emphasis on the behavioral questions and less about my resume. I had two interviews that day one after another and at the end they said they would contact me by the end of the week with the results.

Interview Questions
    • Its kind of hard to come up with the situations to the questions they ask about right on the spot.   View Answer
    I didn't bother to negotiate. The pay rate was better than where i was at and a nice set schedule. Which they are changing the way they do schedules in 2015. So we'll see how that goes as a new person.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Applied online. Received email with link to assessment almost a month after application. Received email with link to schedule phone interview. Had phone interview a week after assessment. Was not offered opportunity with a one on one interview. Evidently my replies to their questions didn't display the complexity that they wanted for this position. Oh well their loss, I'll take my talents and work ethic to a company that can better appreciate them.

Customer satisfaction reviews with this company are generally unfavorable. Might have something to do with the fact that they hire candidates that interview well but don't deliver results in the real world.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a irate customer who was dissatisfied with their service. What did you do?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Applied online, invited to take assessment the next business day. Received email to schedule phone interview within a few hours after taking assessment. Emailed included link on what to expect in the phone interview which is STAR format questions. Prepared by writing out diff situations that applied to each STAR questions. Phone interview included about 6-7 star questions. Was told I would be moved on to in person interview at the end of the conversation. Scheduled in person interview for 1 week later. That interview was almost identical to phone interview and focused on STAR questions. Received call from recruiter the next business day with offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Offer was at high end of scale.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2014.

I applied online. After that, I received a confirmation email. After that, an online assessment which I passed with ease. Another email prompting me to schedule my phone interview. Scheduled it for the week. Phone interview went well. The recruiter is as sweet as can be, and really wants to help you succeed. The interview questions here are STAR based, and are behavior questions which can be difficult if you haven't prepared at least 5 generic answers to work with (A difficult customer, co-worker, a time when you had a change in policy, strengths and weaknesses, etc) After I passed the phone interview, I was scheduled for a face-to-face the week after. At the facility, you go to the security desk and check in. You wait in the lobby until a supervisor comes out to get you. At this point, you either interview with the supervisor or they take you to the CSR floor where you sit with a rep and listen to half an hour of calls. I found this interesting and informative, as it helped me answer questions the way I thought they should be answered in our interview later. After the first supervisor interviews you (before or after your observing), another supervisor will come in and ask you similar behavior questions about your work history. My advice is to dress to impress, smile, stay upbeat, and be as honest as you can with those behavior answers. Articulate well and MAKE SURE it's ALL ABOUT the customer. That's what they are looking for, someone who cares about their customers and has a willingness to learn and grow with the company. It has been two days since the face-to-face and I got a job offer this morning. I used this site for a most of my interview prep so I wanted to contribute.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a bad decision. What did you do?   View Answer
    Did not attempt to negotiate. Pay is good and hours are decent, but they are changing schedules based on performance next year (2015) which I am a little concerned with because I'm a new.

Cliams Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

I passed to test fine and was scheduled for a phone interview. I prepared somewhat using the star system, questions and answers how I solved situations at work. I have also attended career canter classes and thought I would do fine on this part. It lasted 40 minutes or so and I ended up finding out I did not pass the phone interview. I felt they were looking for specific answers and the interviewer seemed somewhat "computer like".

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

I went through a phone interview then got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. The first date scheduled I had to miss due to an emergency and they were very accomodating and allowed me to come in at a later date. I had to interview with 2 people separately, the overall interview took about 2 1/2 hours. They asked all STAR questions. First person asked me about 8 or 9, and the second person asked me around 6. They had me sit with a rep between the 2 interviews to see how the job was. They called me about 2 days later and said the interview went great and I was hired. Offer accepted. Love it here, even though the training is very long.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much all the STAR questions. It's hard to pick a specific situation under pressure.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The interview was direct and to the point. It was very detailed and they ask a lot of questions. I like how thorough they are at their selection process and I understand the need for attention to detail.

Progressive Insurance Response