Progressive Insurance

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

3.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

I went through a phone interview then got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. The first date scheduled I had to miss due to an emergency and they were very accomodating and allowed me to come in at a later date. I had to interview with 2 people separately, the overall interview took about 2 1/2 hours. They asked all STAR questions. First person asked me about 8 or 9, and the second person asked me around 6. They had me sit with a rep between the 2 interviews to see how the job was. They called me about 2 days later and said the interview went great and I was hired. Offer accepted. Love it here, even though the training is very long.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much all the STAR questions. It's hard to pick a specific situation under pressure.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The interview was direct and to the point. It was very detailed and they ask a lot of questions. I like how thorough they are at their selection process and I understand the need for attention to detail.

Progressive Insurance Response

Nov 6, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your experience, that’s great feedback. –KH, Recruiting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2014.

On-line assessment, phone interview, in person interview with 2 people and job shadow for 30 minutes. The reps navigate 5-6 applications. There is a large monitor that hangs from the ceiling that shows how many calls are in the queue (75-80) during my visit and how many seconds they have been waiting 240 seconds (3 minutes). The calls never end. No breathing room the cubicals are very small and the walls are short - no privacy and you can hear the loud CSR's talking over you.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't make any effort to sell me on the company or the position. They just need to fill "slots".   Answer Question
    • The recruiter said they had 25 positions to fill. I received 3 different start times for the training schedule....no one really knew the correct schedule "yet". The start date was a week later. They didn't make any effort to make me want to work there.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative - Inbound Call Center Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2014.

I have just completed my phone interview with Progressive a few hours ago. My overall experience has been NEGATIVE. The Recruiter was very nice during the first few minutes but once I started to ask questions she would rush to the next subject or would firmly state the company's position on the matter with no clear explanation.You only receive base pay+gain share. I asked why does the company not offer any incentives for sales jobs? She responded. "We never have and we never will". I also asked does the company reserve paid holidays for employees? " No. If you are scheduled to work on holidays you will on a holiday". The position salary stated $13.50-$16.70. She told me it was a maximum of $16.00 until I corrected her because I had the job description in front of me for $16.70. I have not received an offer but will deny it if I do.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your previous job? Name a time when you had to overcome a change at your job?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2014.

The hiring process takes about a month. Phone interview then an in person on site interview within 2-3 weeks. Still awaiting the final call but I am pretty confident with my previous background in the same field. Email confirmation whenever you are moved forward. Overall the communication has been positive and timely.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond/Had a difficult customer/Worked with a problem employee, how did you approach it, what did you learn and what was the result.   View Answer

I accepted a better position at a different company.

Applications Programmer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2014.

Met a representative at a University career fair. They said they would keep in touch. Received a phone call a few days later to schedule an hour phone interview. Questions were generally about myself (basic first phone interview questions) along with a few behavioral questions.

About 10 days after this phone interview, they contacted me via email for an onsite "Final Interview Event". This was a two day event. The first day was a dinner with other potential candidates and a few representatives from Progressive. The second day was a tour of the building and two half-hour one-on-one interviews with IT managers. The interviewers fill out pre-made forms with standard behavioral based questions, all in STAR format. There was one instance where the interviewer decided to deviate from the standard form and personally asked a technical question.

Overall, it seemed like a great company with friendly people. Individuality, diversity, and work/life balance seemed to be a major emphasis in the workplace.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you have a simple web application. There is only a login field. If you only had one try at breaking this program, what would you do?   Answer Question

Reasonable compensation. Would have gladly taken this offer if I didn't have other offers.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

I was referred for the job by a current employee. I filled out the online application and received an email a few days later thanking me for submitting an application and that I should be on the lookout for an email containing next steps soon. I already knew from the person who referred me that there would be an online assessment. This assessment contains some math and personality questions. I received an email with instructions for the online assessment a few days later and was given about a week to complete it. The math was pretty basic--they would have a list of numbers and you had to determine what the next number would be in the sequence. They also had different charts and would ask questions like "If this trend were to continue what would you expect the company's profits to be in 2 months". For the personality questions--they basically want to see how you would handle different scenarios at work. Don't second guess yourself. Make sure you research the company so that you can know the best way to answer these questions. ( It may help to read each question aloud saying "If I were working at Progressive I would..."). After I submitted my assessment I received an email the following day saying that I passed and was given a date and time for my phone interview. I researched a lot of behavioral questions in advance and made sure to have examples prepared ahead of time. The interviewer was very nice and was easy to speak to. She asked me a little about my resume and then we jumped into the STAR questions. I was a little nervous at first but I got into the flow of things after the 1st STAR question. I was glad that I had prepared my answers in advance because a lot of the questions she asked were similar to what I had written down! After the interview she said that I would hear back within a few days either way.. I didn't really know how to take this since she didn't really say whether I had passed or not. I thought I did a really good job but she simply thanked me and said that she'd be in touch. About two hours later she called me back saying that I had passed the phone interview and that I would be moving on! We scheduled an in-person interview and she told me I would be given more STAR questions during the next interview. She also gave me recommendations on how I could better prepare for the in person interview. I was initially scheduled for an in person interview, but at the last minute the recruiter had to cancel because of a problem at one of the local offices. Currently waiting to reschedule.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you didn't agree with your supervisor's decision.
      What didn't you like about your last job?

Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

First, I went through a phone interview and then came in for an in-person interview. The interview process was with a couple different managers in the department and the questions were all behavioral. They allowed you to ask any questions you had at the end so have a couple questions prepared for each manager. The HR recruiter got back to me fairly soon after the interviews which was nice.

Marketing Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

The hiring process is quite lengthy. Once you apply on-line it is decided if you should continue the process. If you continue, one must then take an on-line math and behavioral test. If one passes that, you then possibly get a phone interview with Human Resources. If one passes that, your resume is sent to the hiring manager for a possible face to face interview. Also, others on the team may interview you face to face or via the telephone. Once these interviews are completed, a timely decision is then made.

Interview Questions
    • Progressive is big on Behavioral Questions. There aren't any questions that are tricky, so as long as you have your SOAR or STAR stories you should do well.   Answer Question

Claims Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Applied online and then took a behavioral and pretty easy iq test, received two interviews, one with the manager I will be under and another of the office manager and received a call the next day with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are name a time when, just have alot of examples about difficult decisions, problem solving etc.   Answer Question
    Entry Level so did not try to.