Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Progressive Insurance
- Claims Adjuster (91)
- Claims Adjuster Trainee (90)
- Customer Service Representative (79)
- Claims Representative (20)
- Claims Generalist (20)
- Inside Sales Representative (13)
- Claims Customer Service Representative (13)
- Claims Generalist Trainee (11)
- Medical Claims Representative (8)
- Claims Service Representative (7)
- Direct Sales Representative (6)
- IT Operations Analyst (5)
- Data Analyst (5)
- Marketing Sales Representative (4)
- Call Center Customer Service Representative (4)
- Analyst (4)
- Recruiter (4)
- Customer Service Associate (4)
- Customer Service Call Center Representative (3)
- Managed Repair Representative (3)
- IT Applications Programmer (3)
- IT Manager (3)
- Claims Trainee (3)
- Claims Customer Service Adjuster (3)
- Senior Claims Adjuster (3)
- Senior Claims Representative (2)
- Call Center Representative (2)
- Claim Representative (2)
- Claims (2)
- Data Analyst II (2)
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks – interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Richardson, TX) in May 2015.
The hiring & interview process was very positive & all done in a timely manner. From the recruiter to the hiring manager to the hr rep, everyone was helpful! I could tell the work environment would be a great fit based on the in person interview.
- Be sure to study the STAR interview method. They have examples on the company website but I also was able to prepare with reviews from Glassdoor. Answer Question
The offered salary was 4k more than the minimum I listed/requested so I was very excited about the offer, there was no negotiation.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in May 2015.
Met with two company representatives who ask a series of behavior interview questions. These are asked and requested for a response on a Situation, a Task, an Action, and Result.
- What area in that you may have felt overwhelmed and how did you overcome? 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.
Started with an hour long telephone interview. Was advised I was liked and pushed through for a in person interview the next week. Was called the week after and advised I had great experience but other candidates were stronger
- Tell me about a time a manager gave you feedback you didn&#039;t agree with and what were your actions Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.
Situational Q&A, You know the.... Tell me about a time when you.... type of questions. Don't forget to use their STAR format for answering the questions. The FAQ section on the careers page will help prepare you for that.
- Tell me about a time when you.... type of questions Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2015.
Progressive has the most competitive and thorough hiring process when compared to other places I have applied to. Submitted resume, had assessment test-if you do good on this you go on to the phone interview and if they like you you then get the interview with the manager at your local office. After this they do a very thorough background check. If you don't want them calling your college or previous employers DO NOT PUT ON RESUME. They will call every employer to verify that you worked there and they will also verify that you graduated college. About 300-400 people apply to each position so it is very competitive.
- Name a time you had to negotiate at your previous employer? Answer Question
No negotiation but pay is competitive and very fair
Helpful (1)No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. It took me three attempts for my resume to get accepted and get through to the survey. I took the survey but was not selected for a phone interview.
- The questions were all situation based and how you would handle it. 1 Answer
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 weeks – interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in April 2015.
Applied 3/5 Assessment 3/5 Email for phone interview request 3/12 On the day and time of my phone interview no one called me, about an hour later she called me and apologized, she actually called the wrong person during my scheduled slot, we rescheduled for 3/24. The phone interview went great, however the recruiter felt I would be a better fit for the customer service position than sales position I originally applied for. She said someone would contact me for a F2F interview. On 4/1 I received a call to schedule the F2F interview and also email request from hire right to start the background check. My F2F interview was on 4/9 everyone was super nice both recruiters made the interview seem like a conversation, each asked about 10 questions. I sat with a rep for about 30 mins. The recruiter said that they were going to compare my answers from all 3 interviews and would get back with my in 7-10 days. On 4/17 they called and offered me the job!
- STAR QUESTIONS Answer Question
Helpful (3)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Miami, FL) in April 2015.
STAR system is not how i would hire my employees but nonetheless the recruiter was very pleasant and friendly. Made me feel very comfortable and the response time was great. Although i didnt get the job I am scheduled for another phone interview for another position. Fingers crossed!!! The recruiter even suggested that I apply for another title based on my skills. Overall lovely lady, great experience with her! The STAR system is really more like a storytelling process about past experiences. This is where all those high school essays come into play!!
- decribe one time I ensured customer satifasction and what was the result? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.
Applied online, received an email back about two weeks later, online assessment, followed by a phone interview which the recruiter asked about background and a number of STAR questions, offered an on-site interview which will take place in the upcoming week. Interview was like a conversation so don't be nervous, instead be confident in your ability.
- tell us about a stressful situation. How did you handle it & what was the outcome? Answer Question
Helpful (2)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2015.
Online assessment, telelphone interview, background check and onsite interview. The interview was STAR format. After the onsite interview I was told by the recruiter that the manager decided not to move forward with my application. She informed me that the manager thought I did not answer the questions in detailed. I' was confused because I answered them with great detailed, I she wanted the date, time and the weather of each scenerio.
- What do you know about Progressive Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review