Progressive Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

3.3

Claims Administrative Support Intermediate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Richardson, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The hiring & interview process was very positive & all done in a timely manner. From the recruiter to the hiring manager to the hr rep, everyone was helpful! I could tell the work environment would be a great fit based on the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Be sure to study the STAR interview method. They have examples on the company website but I also was able to prepare with reviews from Glassdoor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offered salary was 4k more than the minimum I listed/requested so I was very excited about the offer, there was no negotiation.

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with two company representatives who ask a series of behavior interview questions. These are asked and requested for a response on a Situation, a Task, an Action, and Result.

Interview Questions

• What area in that you may have felt overwhelmed and how did you overcome?   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Started with an hour long telephone interview. Was advised I was liked and pushed through for a in person interview the next week. Was called the week after and advised I had great experience but other candidates were stronger

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a manager gave you feedback you didn't agree with and what were your actions   Answer Question

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Situational Q&A, You know the.... Tell me about a time when you.... type of questions. Don't forget to use their STAR format for answering the questions. The FAQ section on the careers page will help prepare you for that.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2015.

Interview

Progressive has the most competitive and thorough hiring process when compared to other places I have applied to. Submitted resume, had assessment test-if you do good on this you go on to the phone interview and if they like you you then get the interview with the manager at your local office. After this they do a very thorough background check. If you don't want them calling your college or previous employers DO NOT PUT ON RESUME. They will call every employer to verify that you worked there and they will also verify that you graduated college. About 300-400 people apply to each position so it is very competitive.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to negotiate at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but pay is competitive and very fair

Interview

I applied online. It took me three attempts for my resume to get accepted and get through to the survey. I took the survey but was not selected for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all situation based and how you would handle it.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied 3/5 Assessment 3/5 Email for phone interview request 3/12 On the day and time of my phone interview no one called me, about an hour later she called me and apologized, she actually called the wrong person during my scheduled slot, we rescheduled for 3/24. The phone interview went great, however the recruiter felt I would be a better fit for the customer service position than sales position I originally applied for. She said someone would contact me for a F2F interview. On 4/1 I received a call to schedule the F2F interview and also email request from hire right to start the background check. My F2F interview was on 4/9 everyone was super nice both recruiters made the interview seem like a conversation, each asked about 10 questions. I sat with a rep for about 30 mins. The recruiter said that they were going to compare my answers from all 3 interviews and would get back with my in 7-10 days. On 4/17 they called and offered me the job!

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

STAR system is not how i would hire my employees but nonetheless the recruiter was very pleasant and friendly. Made me feel very comfortable and the response time was great. Although i didnt get the job I am scheduled for another phone interview for another position. Fingers crossed!!! The recruiter even suggested that I apply for another title based on my skills. Overall lovely lady, great experience with her! The STAR system is really more like a storytelling process about past experiences. This is where all those high school essays come into play!!

Interview Questions

• decribe one time I ensured customer satifasction and what was the result?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Applied online, received an email back about two weeks later, online assessment, followed by a phone interview which the recruiter asked about background and a number of STAR questions, offered an on-site interview which will take place in the upcoming week. Interview was like a conversation so don't be nervous, instead be confident in your ability.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a stressful situation. How did you handle it & what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Online assessment, telelphone interview, background check and onsite interview. The interview was STAR format. After the onsite interview I was told by the recruiter that the manager decided not to move forward with my application. She informed me that the manager thought I did not answer the questions in detailed. I' was confused because I answered them with great detailed, I she wanted the date, time and the weather of each scenerio.