Progressive Insurance
www.progressive.com Cleveland, OH 5000+ Employees

Progressive Insurance Interview Questions & Reviews in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Updated Jun 21, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2010.

Interview Details – There were three interviews, the initial one took place over the phone. The next step is getting called in to come on-site and take a test, which consists of basic math and english questions which is hardly difficult. They also assess your personality at this time, if you want to pass you MUST be consistent. They throw the same question in a few pages apart so you must be focused and on top of your game. If you pass that part, you are invited back and are interviewed by three managers. They ask you the standard interview questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a disagreement or dispute with your boss and explain how you worked it out.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating, they advertised to fill a specific position with a specific salary which I accepted

Very Difficult Interview

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2010.

Interview Details – They use the STAR interview process, it is quite lengthy and extremely detailed. I would recommend looking up examples online prior to interview. The entire interview process was very long, took about 2 months from start to finish.

Interview Question – For each question you had to answer in the STAR format, which is situation, task, action, result. The best advice I can give is try to tell a good story, that's the only way I got through it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was NO negotiations, you either accepted or declined.

Very Easy Interview

Lead Business Systems Analyst Interview

Lead Business Systems Analyst
Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – Waste of time to interview (if you are an outsider)!

I was contacted by a recruiter who responded for a position which I had applied many months ago.

When the recruiter contacted she was nice and cordial. However, in the next phone screening process (which was for an hour or more) she insisted me to apply for a role which is a level below the role I had initially applied online. She tried to negotiate the salary. I was not too keen on the titles however; I demanded a reasonable salary given the experience and background. This was after performing a tremendous research myself to learn the industry scale salaries for these type of opportunities gauging my skill-set.

She moved ahead and said that she will put me through a technical screening process prior to the face-to-face interview to test my "lead" level skill set. I successfully managed to pass the technical screening for the lead position. This made me eligible to interview for the lead position face to face.

My face to face interview was with three different managers at three different intervals of the day. The questions asked were behavioral type interview questions. From my interview experience in past this was fairly simple. I did not feel intimidated at all. I felt quite comfortable. During the interview with my first interviewer, I kept talking about my latest work experience and the interviewer had no idea about what I was talking.

The problem was that he did not have my latest updated resume which I had shared with the recruiter. The recruiter had shared the resume which I had submitted in their system almost a year ago. My updated resume was not shared.

Therefore, there was a lot of disconnect. I realized that the interviewer did not relate to the scenarios I was describing during the interview with respect to the job I held. By the time, I realized it was too late since my interview was about to end with this interviewer. I thanked the person, handed over my updated resume and left for the other interviews.

The other interviewers were good and I was able to connect well with them. I offered them my resume. These were different hiring managers. Supposedly , there were more than few roles open. When I left Progressive that evening I was quite content thinking that it went great. Therefore, I was curious to know the result. I contacted the recruiter and the recruiter said that she will contact me 2 days later. I still had no information. I received a call from the recruiter two days later from the same recruiter and she mentioned that they will not be advancing my application for the role. They have hired an internal candidate for the role.

This process took two months and its very time consuming.

From my end, there was a lot of effort which went into pursuing this available opportunity; however, in the end it all boiled down to nothing since they hired someone internal within the organization.

When she contacted me over the phone to provide me the feedback, once again, the recruiter started negotiating on the salary.

This kind of hiring procedure is demoralizing and draining for the candidates especially when the job description required 5-7 years of experience and I over met their requirements with 8 years of successful and proven skill-set (which is more than what the job requirements itself).

I thought the process would be fair and simple. Doesn't seem like it at least from this experience.

Interview Question – The manager asked questions about an experience which was at least 8 years ago. I was not prepared to respond to this question.   View Answer

Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2013.

Interview Details – Went through all interviews start Monday. I am interested in how the test is after the 6 weeks training. I was told if you don't pass the first time you are out. Can someone tell me how difficult the test is.

Interview Question – What was the biggest mistake you have made in previous positions   Answer Question

Agency Spec Representative Interview

Agency Spec Representative
Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in September 2009.

Interview Details – Took a few weeks for it to be finalized. Phone screening, then face to face with 3 managers. Skills test

Negotiation Details – None

Application Programmer Interview

Application Programmer
Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to them at a career fair and scheduled a phone interview a couple days later. The phone interview is a lot of STAR (Situation/Task, Action, Result) type questions basically asking what kind of challenges you've had and how you overcame them. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and then I was told I would be moving forward to an onsite interview.

They pulled out all the stops for the on site interviews. Booked a hotel room, picked all the candidates up in a limo and escorted all of us to the headquarters where they had a catered networking dinner scheduled with some managers from around the company.

The next morning we were up and at another campus of theirs where they had a short presentation and then you are split up into groups where you have two one on one interviews where they basically decide whether or not you are a good fit for Progressive.

Interview Question – What kind of software have you written?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative
Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – I initially applied to Progressive through the online system, received a call within the next week, had a phone interview, and scheduled a personal interview for the next week.
After one week from my initial interview, I was offered and accepted the position.

Interview Question – The most difficult issue was the initial testing given pre-hire--even though it was NOT that difficult, for some applicants, it may be the end of the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy, and the salary was acceptable based on the overal industry averages.

Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2013.

Interview Details – First I applied for the position online through the Progressive website. After that they sent me an email advising me that I had been selected to complete the pre-employment assessment. The assessment was not difficult. Then after I passed the test they set up a phone interview with me. The phone interview lasted 45 mins. It contained a few STAR questions. After that an in person interview was scheduled. The in person interview lasted 2.5 hours. The first part of the interview was answering more STAR questions and various questions related to how comfortable I would feel working in a call center environment and my familiarity with it. The second part of the interview I sat with a current employee of the company and listened to phone calls. On the third part of the interview I met with another company representative to answer more STAR questions. The day after the interview I was called and was told that I had been selected, but they could not give me a job offer until the background check was completed. The background check took 3-5 days. After that I was called by a recruiter and was given a job offer.

Interview Question – None of them were too difficult   Answer Question

Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2009.

Interview Details – they have a phone interview first with hr which is about 1 hour long which consist of situation style questions like "tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it"

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – Typical process includes 2-3 interviews, one with hiring manager, a manager whose team typically works with hiring manager's group, and 1-2 members of the team. Questions for the most part are typically targeted selection.

Interview Question – What training have you taken this year and how did you apply it I. Your current role?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Progressive Insurance Videos

Progressive Insurance – Why Work for Us?

Around here, people use the word “love” when talking about their jobs. That’s because Progressive is a special type of place… where you don’t stop until a project is finished—then eagerly move on to new and exciting… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Progressive Insurance interview questions and advice in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Progressive Insurance employees and interview candidates.