Progressive Insurance Interview Questions in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

3.4

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2013.

Interview process commenced with a first round phone screening from HR followed by 2 more rounds of onsite interviews. The HR interview was straight forward asking elimination questions like felonies, etc - but also included several behavioral questions.

Round 2 included two interviews with one peer manager (to-be) and the hiring manager. Both interviews were back to back and followed Progressive's standard Targeted Selection interview guide authored by DDI, inc. Each interview lasted 60 minutes. There were 2 background questions asked, then 100% guide. The guide used was the leadership guide/ leadership model - 9 competencies. Business Knowledge, Conceptual and Analytic Skills, Creativity and Innovation, Prioritizing Planning & Organization, Developing Other, Relationship Building, Open Communications, Drive for Results, Continuous Learning, and Leadership Style. Each of the 9 areas has 4 questions and they asked 1 question from each area. The expected expected candidate response is the STAR method.

Round 3 was a one on one interview with the hiring manager's boss and a leader from Product Management. Again the selection guide was used, but augmented with situation questions on how you would handle/respond to certain scenarios like press and regulatory inquiries, conflict between department goals and product goals, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a about a situation with a person whom you have had a particularly difficult time building a solid relationship. What steps did you take to build the relationship? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Offer was made via phone and followed up with HR official letter. I negotiated a 5% increase from base offer by asking simply is there any else you can do with the salary. They came back with 5% more plus bumped up relocation $$ to my moving estimate.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2010.

There were three interviews, the initial one took place over the phone. The next step is getting called in to come on-site and take a test, which consists of basic math and english questions which is hardly difficult. They also assess your personality at this time, if you want to pass you MUST be consistent. They throw the same question in a few pages apart so you must be focused and on top of your game. If you pass that part, you are invited back and are interviewed by three managers. They ask you the standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a disagreement or dispute with your boss and explain how you worked it out.   View Answer
    There was no negotiating, they advertised to fill a specific position with a specific salary which I accepted

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2010.

They use the STAR interview process, it is quite lengthy and extremely detailed. I would recommend looking up examples online prior to interview. The entire interview process was very long, took about 2 months from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • For each question you had to answer in the STAR format, which is situation, task, action, result. The best advice I can give is try to tell a good story, that's the only way I got through it.   Answer Question
    There was NO negotiations, you either accepted or declined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2013.

Went through all interviews start Monday. I am interested in how the test is after the 6 weeks training. I was told if you don't pass the first time you are out. Can someone tell me how difficult the test is.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest mistake you have made in previous positions   Answer Question

Agency Spec Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in September 2009.

Took a few weeks for it to be finalized. Phone screening, then face to face with 3 managers. Skills test

None

Application Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2013.

Talked to them at a career fair and scheduled a phone interview a couple days later. The phone interview is a lot of STAR (Situation/Task, Action, Result) type questions basically asking what kind of challenges you've had and how you overcame them. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and then I was told I would be moving forward to an onsite interview.

They pulled out all the stops for the on site interviews. Booked a hotel room, picked all the candidates up in a limo and escorted all of us to the headquarters where they had a catered networking dinner scheduled with some managers from around the company.

The next morning we were up and at another campus of theirs where they had a short presentation and then you are split up into groups where you have two one on one interviews where they basically decide whether or not you are a good fit for Progressive.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of software have you written?   View Answer

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

I initially applied to Progressive through the online system, received a call within the next week, had a phone interview, and scheduled a personal interview for the next week.
    After one week from my initial interview, I was offered and accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult issue was the initial testing given pre-hire--even though it was NOT that difficult, for some applicants, it may be the end of the process.   Answer Question
    Very easy, and the salary was acceptable based on the overal industry averages.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2013.

First I applied for the position online through the Progressive website. After that they sent me an email advising me that I had been selected to complete the pre-employment assessment. The assessment was not difficult. Then after I passed the test they set up a phone interview with me. The phone interview lasted 45 mins. It contained a few STAR questions. After that an in person interview was scheduled. The in person interview lasted 2.5 hours. The first part of the interview was answering more STAR questions and various questions related to how comfortable I would feel working in a call center environment and my familiarity with it. The second part of the interview I sat with a current employee of the company and listened to phone calls. On the third part of the interview I met with another company representative to answer more STAR questions. The day after the interview I was called and was told that I had been selected, but they could not give me a job offer until the background check was completed. The background check took 3-5 days. After that I was called by a recruiter and was given a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2009.

they have a phone interview first with hr which is about 1 hour long which consist of situation style questions like "tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it"

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Typical process includes 2-3 interviews, one with hiring manager, a manager whose team typically works with hiring manager's group, and 1-2 members of the team. Questions for the most part are typically targeted selection.

Interview Questions
    • What training have you taken this year and how did you apply it I. Your current role?   Answer Question

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!