Progressive Insurance

www.progressive.com

Progressive Insurance Interview Questions & Reviews in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Updated Jun 21, 2014

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2010.

Interview Details – There were three interviews, the initial one took place over the phone. The next step is getting called in to come on-site and take a test, which consists of basic math and english questions which is hardly difficult. They also assess your personality at this time, if you want to pass you MUST be consistent. They throw the same question in a few pages apart so you must be focused and on top of your game. If you pass that part, you are invited back and are interviewed by three managers. They ask you the standard interview questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a disagreement or dispute with your boss and explain how you worked it out.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating, they advertised to fill a specific position with a specific salary which I accepted

Very Difficult Interview

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2010.

Interview Details – They use the STAR interview process, it is quite lengthy and extremely detailed. I would recommend looking up examples online prior to interview. The entire interview process was very long, took about 2 months from start to finish.

Interview Question – For each question you had to answer in the STAR format, which is situation, task, action, result. The best advice I can give is try to tell a good story, that's the only way I got through it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was NO negotiations, you either accepted or declined.

Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2013.

Interview Details – Went through all interviews start Monday. I am interested in how the test is after the 6 weeks training. I was told if you don't pass the first time you are out. Can someone tell me how difficult the test is.

Interview Question – What was the biggest mistake you have made in previous positions   Answer Question

Agency Spec Representative Interview

Agency Spec Representative
Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in September 2009.

Interview Details – Took a few weeks for it to be finalized. Phone screening, then face to face with 3 managers. Skills test

Negotiation Details – None

Application Programmer Interview

Application Programmer
Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to them at a career fair and scheduled a phone interview a couple days later. The phone interview is a lot of STAR (Situation/Task, Action, Result) type questions basically asking what kind of challenges you've had and how you overcame them. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and then I was told I would be moving forward to an onsite interview.

They pulled out all the stops for the on site interviews. Booked a hotel room, picked all the candidates up in a limo and escorted all of us to the headquarters where they had a catered networking dinner scheduled with some managers from around the company.

The next morning we were up and at another campus of theirs where they had a short presentation and then you are split up into groups where you have two one on one interviews where they basically decide whether or not you are a good fit for Progressive.

Interview Question – What kind of software have you written?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative
Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – I initially applied to Progressive through the online system, received a call within the next week, had a phone interview, and scheduled a personal interview for the next week.
After one week from my initial interview, I was offered and accepted the position.

Interview Question – The most difficult issue was the initial testing given pre-hire--even though it was NOT that difficult, for some applicants, it may be the end of the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy, and the salary was acceptable based on the overal industry averages.

Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2013.

Interview Details – First I applied for the position online through the Progressive website. After that they sent me an email advising me that I had been selected to complete the pre-employment assessment. The assessment was not difficult. Then after I passed the test they set up a phone interview with me. The phone interview lasted 45 mins. It contained a few STAR questions. After that an in person interview was scheduled. The in person interview lasted 2.5 hours. The first part of the interview was answering more STAR questions and various questions related to how comfortable I would feel working in a call center environment and my familiarity with it. The second part of the interview I sat with a current employee of the company and listened to phone calls. On the third part of the interview I met with another company representative to answer more STAR questions. The day after the interview I was called and was told that I had been selected, but they could not give me a job offer until the background check was completed. The background check took 3-5 days. After that I was called by a recruiter and was given a job offer.

Interview Question – None of them were too difficult   Answer Question

Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2009.

Interview Details – they have a phone interview first with hr which is about 1 hour long which consist of situation style questions like "tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it"

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details – Typical process includes 2-3 interviews, one with hiring manager, a manager whose team typically works with hiring manager's group, and 1-2 members of the team. Questions for the most part are typically targeted selection.

Interview Question – What training have you taken this year and how did you apply it I. Your current role?   Answer Question

Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email to take an online assessment, About a day later then was contacted via email for a phone interview.

Interview Question – Alot of behavior based questions.Research Star method to prepare. Questions asked were name a time you dealt with a difficult customer, Name a time you failed at something, etc, etc . Tips I was given were to explain the situation, be very specific about what you did to handle the situation, and then say what the outcome was of the situation   Answer Question

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!