Progressive Insurance Interview Questions in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

3.4

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

I initially applied to Progressive through the online system, received a call within the next week, had a phone interview, and scheduled a personal interview for the next week.
    After one week from my initial interview, I was offered and accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult issue was the initial testing given pre-hire--even though it was NOT that difficult, for some applicants, it may be the end of the process.   Answer Question
    Very easy, and the salary was acceptable based on the overal industry averages.

Application Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2013.

Talked to them at a career fair and scheduled a phone interview a couple days later. The phone interview is a lot of STAR (Situation/Task, Action, Result) type questions basically asking what kind of challenges you've had and how you overcame them. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and then I was told I would be moving forward to an onsite interview.

They pulled out all the stops for the on site interviews. Booked a hotel room, picked all the candidates up in a limo and escorted all of us to the headquarters where they had a catered networking dinner scheduled with some managers from around the company.

The next morning we were up and at another campus of theirs where they had a short presentation and then you are split up into groups where you have two one on one interviews where they basically decide whether or not you are a good fit for Progressive.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of software have you written?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2013.

Went through all interviews start Monday. I am interested in how the test is after the 6 weeks training. I was told if you don't pass the first time you are out. Can someone tell me how difficult the test is.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest mistake you have made in previous positions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2013.

First I applied for the position online through the Progressive website. After that they sent me an email advising me that I had been selected to complete the pre-employment assessment. The assessment was not difficult. Then after I passed the test they set up a phone interview with me. The phone interview lasted 45 mins. It contained a few STAR questions. After that an in person interview was scheduled. The in person interview lasted 2.5 hours. The first part of the interview was answering more STAR questions and various questions related to how comfortable I would feel working in a call center environment and my familiarity with it. The second part of the interview I sat with a current employee of the company and listened to phone calls. On the third part of the interview I met with another company representative to answer more STAR questions. The day after the interview I was called and was told that I had been selected, but they could not give me a job offer until the background check was completed. The background check took 3-5 days. After that I was called by a recruiter and was given a job offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Typical process includes 2-3 interviews, one with hiring manager, a manager whose team typically works with hiring manager's group, and 1-2 members of the team. Questions for the most part are typically targeted selection.

Interview Questions
    • What training have you taken this year and how did you apply it I. Your current role?   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

First did a online assessment passed that then had a phone interview a week later after that about 2 weeks later had on site interview with two mangers very detailed be sure to have plenty of examples using the star method. Then received a email business days later telling me that that mangers enjoyed me and I got the job just waiting on my background check

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you and your manger didn't agree on a matter   Answer Question
    No negation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in June 2013.

Applied online, received an email to take an online assessment, About a day later then was contacted via email for a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Alot of behavior based questions.Research Star method to prepare. Questions asked were name a time you dealt with a difficult customer, Name a time you failed at something, etc, etc . Tips I was given were to explain the situation, be very specific about what you did to handle the situation, and then say what the outcome was of the situation   Answer Question

IT Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in April 2013.

Went through a staffing agency. Started with an online assessment that was a combination wonderlic/behavioral type questions. Followed be a phone screening, which mostly entailed discussing your previous experience. If going for a tech support position, be prepared to discuss the most difficult issue(s) you had to resolve on your previous IT related job(s). Finally the actual in person interview. This interview consisted of two 15-minute parts, and mostly STAR questions ("tell me about a time when...", about 7 of them), and an opportunity to ask them questions. They really stretched me thin with the star questions, and there were a couple that I was not expecting or much prepared for. One good thing about the way they conducted the interview is that they explained what they are looking for is following the STAR format for answering, and they also gave a brief explanation of the topic before asking the question. For example, they would say, "This question deals with how you have handled stressful situations in the past..." followed by the actual question. This brief precursor was nice because it gave me a few moments to prepare my answer, instead of them just spitting question after question at me instantly without me having any chance to prepare.

The feedback they gave my staffing agency was that although I showed much enthusiasm and was prepared well for the interview, they felt I gave some examples in my past experience where I did not always follow the rules, and because of this they rejected me, stating "following procedures is high priority for this job". In the midst of trying to answer some of their tougher STAR questions, I may have spoken in a way once or twice which led them to believe I was breaking the rules in my example, but this was never actually the case. So the best advice I can give is make sure you never give an example which even gives them the SLIGHTEST inclination that you went against the rules when relating a previous experience.

I imagine progressive is a nice company to work for, but I also think they are very finicky with the way they hire people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you faced an unexpected change on one of your previous jobs. What happened, and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your favorite manager you have had at one of your previous positions? why did you enjoy working for them?   Answer Question

Marketing Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2013.

Interview process commenced with a first round phone screening from HR followed by 2 more rounds of onsite interviews. The HR interview was straight forward asking elimination questions like felonies, etc - but also included several behavioral questions.

Round 2 included two interviews with one peer manager (to-be) and the hiring manager. Both interviews were back to back and followed Progressive's standard Targeted Selection interview guide authored by DDI, inc. Each interview lasted 60 minutes. There were 2 background questions asked, then 100% guide. The guide used was the leadership guide/ leadership model - 9 competencies. Business Knowledge, Conceptual and Analytic Skills, Creativity and Innovation, Prioritizing Planning & Organization, Developing Other, Relationship Building, Open Communications, Drive for Results, Continuous Learning, and Leadership Style. Each of the 9 areas has 4 questions and they asked 1 question from each area. The expected expected candidate response is the STAR method.

Round 3 was a one on one interview with the hiring manager's boss and a leader from Product Management. Again the selection guide was used, but augmented with situation questions on how you would handle/respond to certain scenarios like press and regulatory inquiries, conflict between department goals and product goals, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a about a situation with a person whom you have had a particularly difficult time building a solid relationship. What steps did you take to build the relationship? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Offer was made via phone and followed up with HR official letter. I negotiated a 5% increase from base offer by asking simply is there any else you can do with the salary. They came back with 5% more plus bumped up relocation $$ to my moving estimate.

Claims Representative Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Submitted application and I I was sent an email with a link to take on line testing to determine if I was a good candidate for the job the next day. I took the tests which consisted of graph questions regarding earnings and some other basic business questions regarding loss or gains. It also included questions regarding good customer service view points. It was basically a behavioral test. After that, I was contacted the next day for a phone interview. The phone interview was a few days later. It consisted of behavioral questions, mostly from my previous/current position. At the end of the phone call I was invited for an in person interview 4 days after the phone call. I interview with two different Supervisors for an hour each. All Behavioral based questions. Be careful with what you say about why you left or are leaving your current position. Do a search on line about how to answer that questions. If you say things like "I hated my boss or I didn't get along with my co-worker's" you may as well forget receiving a job offer. They will wonder if you will just quit on them if you don't get along with your coworker. There are several other ways not to answer that question. Read up on it, on line.

Interview Questions
    • I did role playing with a friend to prepare for the interview after finding 30 of the most difficult interview questions on line. I didn't get anything unexpected; however, I am VERY GLAD that I prepared because the interview is extremely extensive and they want very specific examples of how you have handled situations they ask about in your past. work history. You absolutely must be prepared or you may as well not even bother to apply.
      a few of the questions:
      1. Describe a specific time where you had to handle three tasks as one time with a deadline. What action did you take to work through the situation and what was the outcome.

2. Tell me about a specific time when you had to negotiate. What was the situation, what was the action you took and what was the final outcome.

3. Tell me about a specific time when you had a conflict with a co-worker or boss and how you handled it. What was the situation, what was the action you took and what was the final outcome.

4. Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a company policy. What was the situation/policy, what was the action you took, what was the final outcome.

The questions are all very, very specific and they are all just like the questions above. Read all the different Progressive interview questions on glass door, write them down and practice them over and over and over with someone else in order to prepare. It paid off for me and I was offered the position.
        Answer Question
    There was really no negotiation phase for this position. The pay rate was listed in the job posting and that was that. Their "PTB" (paid time bank) days off are standard for every employee and increase the longer you are there.