Project Consulting Group

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Project Consulting Group

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Project Consulting Group (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2010.

Interview

I was referred to PCG through a current consultant and Partner. My interview process involved meeting with the sales and recruiting staff to review my resume, then re-work my resume with the sales team to really call-out strengths and skills. I had ample interview prep for on-site client interviews and, once placed, I was hired by PCG.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table that every other BA in this (stack of resumes) doesn't?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was very little negotiation. I was offered a very fair and reasonable package. The only "negotiation" involved me requesting a slightly different break-down of salary and hourly wage.

Project Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Project Consulting Group in December 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with one of the VPs. Phone interview was really easy and was asked for an in-person interview at the end of the call. Interview was EASY; it was just a conversation about my skills and past work history. I was offered the job at the end of the interview, which is almost unheard of this day and age, but this is a small company, so I guess it makes sense. I did not take it because of the salary+hourly rate pay structure and the fact that I wasn't 100% sold on consulting or the stabilty of the company. Also didn't care for the benefits either. You do not get a desk or anything at the office - this is consulting and you will work pretty much 100% at the client site, wherever that might be. If you really like consulting, this might be a great place to work - but it just wouldn't have been the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• There were no situational questions, which was refreshing. It was nice to just sit down and talk skills, so I really felt at ease.   Answer Question

RISKY. Just too risky. You are paid with an hourly + salary rate. You get BOTH when you are on a project. If you are not on a project, you just get the salary rate. Salary was VERY LOW ($25K and I am a professional with 14 years experience) -- but the hourly rate was great, and it added up to a reasonable figure. It just was simply too risky for me to jump from a F100 company to doing something like this and potentially have to live on a 25K/year salary. YIKES.