Project Consulting Group

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Project Consulting Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred to PCG through a current consultant and Partner. My interview process involved meeting with the sales and recruiting staff to review my resume, then re-work my resume with the sales team to really call-out strengths and skills. I had ample interview prep for on-site client interviews and, once placed, I was hired by PCG.

Interview Question – What do you bring to the table that every other BA in this (stack of resumes) doesn't?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was very little negotiation. I was offered a very fair and reasonable package. The only "negotiation" involved me requesting a slightly different break-down of salary and hourly wage.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Project Consultant Interview

Project Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Project Consulting Group in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with one of the VPs. Phone interview was really easy and was asked for an in-person interview at the end of the call. Interview was EASY; it was just a conversation about my skills and past work history.

I was offered the job at the end of the interview, which is almost unheard of this day and age, but this is a small company, so I guess it makes sense.

I did not take it because of the salary+hourly rate pay structure and the fact that I wasn't 100% sold on consulting or the stabilty of the company. Also didn't care for the benefits either. You do not get a desk or anything at the office - this is consulting and you will work pretty much 100% at the client site, wherever that might be. If you really like consulting, this might be a great place to work - but it just wouldn't have been the right fit for me.

Interview Question – There were no situational questions, which was refreshing. It was nice to just sit down and talk skills, so I really felt at ease.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – RISKY. Just too risky. You are paid with an hourly + salary rate. You get BOTH when you are on a project. If you are not on a project, you just get the salary rate. Salary was VERY LOW ($25K and I am a professional with 14 years experience) -- but the hourly rate was great, and it added up to a reasonable figure. It just was simply too risky for me to jump from a F100 company to doing something like this and potentially have to live on a 25K/year salary. YIKES.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Project Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Project Consulting Group interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Project Consulting Group employees and interview candidates.