Project Management Institute Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

Market Analyst Interview

Culture: everyone is very nice and open in communication

Interview Questions
    • If you have a persuasive speech about the reasons you chose this company, they are very happy to offer you the position. Moreover, you must work hard and practice your project management skills.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Project Management Institute in February 2012.

I went through 3 rounds of interviews - 2 over the phone and 1 in person. The phone interviews were pleasant and I was very excited about the job. However, when I arrived onsite for an in-person interview, I did not get a good feel for the place. It seemed pretty sterile. I was taken into a small interview room off the reception area and I had three people come and meet with me seperately. They had clearly been interviewing people all day and by the time I met with the most senior person, it was easy to tell they would rather be anywhere but there interviewing another person.

Although the employees kept saying it was a pleasant place to work, I just did not get that sense from them. The senior person did tell me that they are a very collaborative environment with lots and lots of meetings - so if you have a problem with waiting a while to get approval on decisions, this would not be a good place for you to work.

When I asked if there were any red flags in my experience the senior person told me that a fit with their company culture was more important that level of experience. By the end of the interivew, I took that to mean that it was a pretty competitive environment and you needed to be completely dedicated to the job to work there.

Be ready to drop some names of books you have read about business, what inspires you and what you like to do when not at work.

The benefit package they showed me was amazing, but again, just did not get a good feel that it was a good place to work for work/life balance.

At the end of the 2 hour interview (my 3rd) I was told they would call me in 2 days. I did not hear from them for a week, and when I did, I received an automated email that said "Thank you for your interest. You are no longer being conisdered." Although I had already personally decided not to pursue the position, I was a bit taken aback by the impersonal nature of that email after having 3 interviews. It confirmed that my gut feel was correct and it would not have been a good fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • If I had to do something that had nothing to do with the job I was applying for, what would I do.   Answer Question
    • What book have I read recently that inspired my outlook on product management?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Project Management Institute

Worked for Project Management Institute? Contribute to the Community!