Project Vote Smart Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Project Vote Smart

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Project Vote Smart in May 2015.

Interview

Basic Interview questions- Strengths, Weakness, most proud accomplishment, questions about oneself, reason for applying for internship. Remember to ask questions about the organization. Also, you can be asked whether you will be comfortable relocating and living in the conditions described in the internship application.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Project Vote Smart.

Interview

I applied online and after reviewing my application they contacted for a phone interview. The phone's interview stayed for 20 minutes. In the interview, they asked me why am I interested in this internship and they asked me about my strength and weakness, they also asked about my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this internships?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate over the length of the internship.

Legislative Research Interview

Interview

All behavioral questions
    Be able to talk about writing skills and how you edit/ensure your work is up to par
    Be able to explain why you are passionate about the PVS mission

Interview Questions

• Must provide a writing sample as part of interview process   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Project Vote Smart in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was really easy and quick. They emailed about setting up an interview about a week after I applied. The phone interview took about a half hour. They asked all the typical interview questions and they were really nice and friendly over the phone. Then within 24 hours they had checked my references and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Most interview questions were typical and situational. A lot of "Can you think of a time when you demonstrated x?"   Answer Question

Staff Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Project Vote Smart in March 2014.

Interview

Very basic...the National Director formally offered the position...otherwise, the process was handled almost entirely by Mr. Kimball, who seemed more eager to fill the position I applied for speedily than anything. (search "Vote Smart firings / layoffs, March 2014")

Interview Questions

• "Would you be content in being paid a pro-rated salary of $19,000 annually?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Uncomplicated...they were accommodating on the date I could start in the position.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Project Vote Smart.

Interview

This was easy and there was only one interview. I was expecting more, because usually offices prefer multiple interviews. I realize it would be hard to get applicants to Montana, but I think the lack of in-person and environmental aspects hurt their chances of retention

Interview Questions

• What do you like most and least about the American political system?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philipsburg, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Project Vote Smart (Philipsburg, MT) in May 2013.

Interview

This was a confusing interview process. I was told that I would receive a call at a certain time and was left waiting for 40 minutes before I got up the courage to call PVS for myself. I talked to him and he told me that I had to reschedule with a different staff member. A lot of other interns had the same treatment.

Interview Questions

• He just gave me the job. There weren't many questions. It was more telling me what Project Vote Smart was all about, which I knew because I was applying for a job there.   Answer Question