Promega Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.2

Analytical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Promega (San Luis Obispo, CA).

Interview

Very inviting staff, all of whom asked expected interview questions and were completely pleasant to interact with. It may be a long interview but it's made easier but such nice, great Promega employees who value a new potential employee.

Interview Questions

• Handling situations of pressure between employees, disagreements, etc   Answer Question

R & D Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview went very fluent. Interviewer was very nice.Key questions was discussed. And I did learn sth from the talk. We are to schedule another in person interview after this.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Promega.

Interview

the first step was phone screening. Then, it takes about 2-3 weeks to make a decision on whether to invite for the on-site interview at the company. The questions were nothing particular or eccentric.

Senior Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Promega (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Day long interview with various people in the company including R&D, Project Management, Marketing and HR, including a 1-hour presentation about my own work. Most people were nice, fun to talk to. However, one person in particular was very negative and unfair.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you want to do a post-doc? (Over and over...)   Answer Question

EHS Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Promega.

Interview

The interview process was with over 12 employees. This showed me the position I was applying for was important. Overall seemed to have a valid process for hiring.

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do when you fix everything?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Promega (Madison, WI).

Interview

Interview process consists of a phone interview with HR, a technical phone interview and a long onsite interview. At the end, they know a lot about you and you know a lot about them. I was interviewed about my culture fit as well as my fit to the job. It was a pleasant and thorough experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, I received a fair offer.

Demand Planner Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Promega in February 2014.

Interview

I was contacted a few days after applying to the position. I had a phone interview last week. It was fairly basic and brief. They asked the typical questions about my work hisotry, focus on customer service, how I resolve conflict. They also asked my salary aspirations, which surprised me for the phone interview step. The interviewer said the next step would be an in person interview with a technical assessment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am waiting to hear back from the phone interview.

Promega Position Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Promega.

Interview

Well coordinated interview on their very nice campus. Met with many individuals over the course of the day with each focusing on various areas of questioning. Prior to the onsite interview, there were a few phone interviews and an online cognitive test.

Interview Questions

• Questions were relevant to position, not very many hypothetical or overarching questions   Answer Question

Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fitchburg, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Promega (Fitchburg, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

1. Application: Online. Resume, cover letter, employee referral. Due in December for summer internship. 2. Phone Screening: Typical 30 minute interview with HR. Predictable questions like "Why Promega? Strengths and Weaknesses? Expected Salary? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" etc. 3. Onsite Interview: Series of 30 minute interviews with members of R&D, around 3 hours total. 1:1 and panel formats. Interviewers will ask you in depth questions about your research experiences and give detailed descriptions of their summer projects. Take notes on each project and ask questions. Remember names so that you can send thank you emails after. Be relaxed, show that you are eager to learn, and enjoy the experience! Everyone is extremely nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Practice giving concise summaries of your research experiences   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Promega in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online at company website. A week later, HR staff emailed me for an interview with HR recruiter. The questions she asked was basic behavioral / science background experience. Next, the regional manager called for an interview. I had the regional manager from chicago area. Interview went well but I believe they wanted people with a Masters degree or higher. According to regional manager, the Field Sales Rep position had an account around $1.6 million. Also, regional manager told me that there were 10-15 applicants. Overall, it was good practice to sharpen your interview skills. Promega was a small biotech company, so I wouldn't have stayed longer than a year or two. Next interview would have been a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• HR interview: What is you background? What is your ideal manager? Have you ever made any cold calls? What are your salary expectations? Why do you want to work for promega? Are you applying for other positions? Regional Manager: What is your background? What do you know about molecular biology?   Answer Question