Promega

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

3.4

EHS Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Promega.

The interview process was with over 12 employees. This showed me the position I was applying for was important. Overall seemed to have a valid process for hiring.

Interview Questions
    • What are you going to do when you fix everything?   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Promega.

Interview process consists of a phone interview with HR, a technical phone interview and a long onsite interview. At the end, they know a lot about you and you know a lot about them. I was interviewed about my culture fit as well as my fit to the job. It was a pleasant and thorough experience.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate, I received a fair offer.

Demand Planner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Promega in February 2014.

I was contacted a few days after applying to the position. I had a phone interview last week. It was fairly basic and brief. They asked the typical questions about my work hisotry, focus on customer service, how I resolve conflict. They also asked my salary aspirations, which surprised me for the phone interview step. The interviewer said the next step would be an in person interview with a technical assessment.

Interview Questions
    I am waiting to hear back from the phone interview.

Promega Position Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Promega.

Well coordinated interview on their very nice campus. Met with many individuals over the course of the day with each focusing on various areas of questioning. Prior to the onsite interview, there were a few phone interviews and an online cognitive test.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were relevant to position, not very many hypothetical or overarching questions   Answer Question

Field Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Promega in January 2014.

I applied online at company website. A week later, HR staff emailed me for an interview with HR recruiter. The questions she asked was basic behavioral / science background experience. Next, the regional manager called for an interview. I had the regional manager from chicago area. Interview went well but I believe they wanted people with a Masters degree or higher. According to regional manager, the Field Sales Rep position had an account around $1.6 million. Also, regional manager told me that there were 10-15 applicants. Overall, it was good practice to sharpen your interview skills. Promega was a small biotech company, so I wouldn't have stayed longer than a year or two. Next interview would have been a technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • HR interview: What is you background? What is your ideal manager? Have you ever made any cold calls? What are your salary expectations? Why do you want to work for promega? Are you applying for other positions?
      Regional Manager: What is your background? What do you know about molecular biology?

Answer Question

Technical Service Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Promega.

Excellent. Full attention to detail. Many people interview you. They treat you with respect, offer a lunch and provide you with a meaningful feedback.They test for technical and behavioral skills. During that interview they try to detect your future direction. I would advise that you take a moment, judge them and think well if you are a good match for that position. Although the team is composed of the most wonderful people, repetitiveness of the job and sitting in front of computer drains everyone.

Interview Questions
    Salary offer made me mad. They were firm, take it or leave it, promising gradual increase.

Technical Services Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Promega.

I first interviewed over the phone, and all the questions were pretty much what you would expect. There were no unexpected or technical questions, mostly questions to gauge your experience and how well you can communicate and work with people. If you're familiar with Promega products and have used them, you should highlight this. I advanced to the next round but declined the next interview as I accepted a position elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about an experience working with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Promega.

Initial HR and technical interview followed by face to face interview

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Promega.

Phone screen with HR followed by hiring manager. Asked the typical HR questions. Hiring manager asked about my previous experiences and knowledge of company products. Salary range for the position was about 20% lower than industry standards. Asked a few technical questions related to the position. HR appears to function only as a screener for hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current position? What do you know about the product line?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Promega in February 2013.

My first contact was with their recruiter....had to constantly confirm information was received and appointments were set...Waited for weeks before call back for interview.. first phone interview went great! I was very interested and the conversation and questions went well. After that, the second round of interviews onsite were a LET DOWN.. interviewed with three different groups of people. NO ONE was prepared, they read from my resume, preprinted lists from the internet, and had no solid questions. They spent more time reading than questioning. They need to spend time to prepare for interviews and show the interviewee some respect. I never heard anything back. I was convinced this was the company everyone wants to work for until I experienced the lack of respect from the interview process. It also didn't help that two minutes before we started, one of the interviewers told me that one of the internal people decided to apply for the position the day before. It made me feel like the interview was a waste of time as they already decided to hire within. Disappointing... I really wanted to be part of the Promega family.

Interview Questions
    • "Walk me through your work history"... the questions were not prepared   Answer Question