Promega Interview Questions in Madison, WI

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Promega.

Interview process consists of a phone interview with HR, a technical phone interview and a long onsite interview. At the end, they know a lot about you and you know a lot about them. I was interviewed about my culture fit as well as my fit to the job. It was a pleasant and thorough experience.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate, I received a fair offer.

Technical Service Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Promega.

Excellent. Full attention to detail. Many people interview you. They treat you with respect, offer a lunch and provide you with a meaningful feedback.They test for technical and behavioral skills. During that interview they try to detect your future direction. I would advise that you take a moment, judge them and think well if you are a good match for that position. Although the team is composed of the most wonderful people, repetitiveness of the job and sitting in front of computer drains everyone.

Interview Questions
    Salary offer made me mad. They were firm, take it or leave it, promising gradual increase.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Promega in February 2013.

My first contact was with their recruiter....had to constantly confirm information was received and appointments were set...Waited for weeks before call back for interview.. first phone interview went great! I was very interested and the conversation and questions went well. After that, the second round of interviews onsite were a LET DOWN.. interviewed with three different groups of people. NO ONE was prepared, they read from my resume, preprinted lists from the internet, and had no solid questions. They spent more time reading than questioning. They need to spend time to prepare for interviews and show the interviewee some respect. I never heard anything back. I was convinced this was the company everyone wants to work for until I experienced the lack of respect from the interview process. It also didn't help that two minutes before we started, one of the interviewers told me that one of the internal people decided to apply for the position the day before. It made me feel like the interview was a waste of time as they already decided to hire within. Disappointing... I really wanted to be part of the Promega family.

Interview Questions
    • "Walk me through your work history"... the questions were not prepared   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Promega.

Phone screen with HR followed by hiring manager. Asked the typical HR questions. Hiring manager asked about my previous experiences and knowledge of company products. Salary range for the position was about 20% lower than industry standards. Asked a few technical questions related to the position. HR appears to function only as a screener for hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current position? What do you know about the product line?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Promega in September 2010.

They make you jump through a lot of hoops!

Interview Questions
    • What is the worst decision that you ever made?   View Answer

Worked for Promega? Contribute to the Community!