Prometric

Relevance Date Difficulty

Test Center Manager Interview

Test Center Manager
Vestal, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Prometric.

Interview Details – It took a long time from interview to actually work. There is a pretty rigorous background check and they go aver everything for the past ten years. The will investigate your work residential and IRS status. They take fingerprints and there are a lot of steps involved. I responded to a help wanted ad on INdeed and about three weeks later received a phone call and had a brief phone interview with the DM. A week or two had passed and had a second interview with the same DM. The next day I had a phone interview with the TOM. I was contacted for a interview about a week or two later and met the DM in person. The interview went well and about a week latter I was given a offer letter and the process to get hired began. It was at that point that the background checks began and those took about a month to get cleared. There was nothing to difficult involved but it really is a lengthy process and if you need employment fast ...this wont be it.

Interview Question – pretty standard questions...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation because the offer was good. I was offered a 40 hour position for 14.15 and hour plus benefits including health, vision, dental, sick , vacation and holiday pay. The benefits are terrible but that's not the companies fault... AETNA sucks.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Nottingham, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prometric in July 2013.

Interview Details – Received a call from the talent acquisition specialist..had the phone interview, I was then brought in for a face to face interview where I completed a few skills tests, I then interviewed with about 2 different managers separately..entire process took about 3 hours...a lot of waiting around.

Interview Question – Not really difficult just always a tricky one for me, explaining a time where I had a difficult customer and what I did to assist them   Answer Question

Testing Accommodations Interview

Interviewed at Prometric

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR + Face to Face+ Final round includes face to face with 4 high level officials.

Testing Supervisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prometric in June 2011.

Interview Details – The applicant interacts electronically and by phone with Prometric's Test Planners; is provided information about the company, the position and eventually tested for the position. After passing the exam, the applicant is hired and shipped an employment packet and testing materials.

Interview Question – Can one efficiently, flexibly and responsibly manage the duties and responsibilities of a Testing Supervisor?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Tca Interview

Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Prometric in February 2009.

Interview Details – Easy to get hired. Background check. Simple questions. Want you to be full time but without full time hours,benefits,etc...

Interview Question – Will you have any ore conflicts with this job?   Answer Question

Test Center Administrator Interview

Test Center Administrator
Glen Allen, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Prometric in September 2010.

Interview Details – No formal interview. Came in to fill out application and paperwork. Invited in to work/train on a separate business day while test center manager supervised. At end of business day, was officially offered job & invited back.

Negotiation Details – Probationary period salary of $9.50/hour to transition to $10/hour after a few months.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Prometric.

Interview Details – Recruiting and interviewing processes were expedient and very positive. Formal job offer took over six months to receive. After accepting position and serving several years, it became apparent that this is absolutely the norm.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or unusual in the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – First round of negotiations was very positive. However, after many months when the actual formal offer was received, it offered nothing near the salary and benefits previously discussed.

Customer Service Representative- Call Center Interview

White Marsh, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Prometric in March 2013.

Interview Details – I got denied for a job offer so now I get to tell you the entire experience so that it can be useful to the next person. After you fill out the online application a recruiter contacts you and gives you a telephone interview. If you pass that they schedule you to come in for a test which has 3 parts and takes 1-2 hours depending on how fast you are. I finished mines in 1 hour and passed.

The test consists of 3 parts 1 an audio test where your given a headset and audio is played by "customers" with different problems and you get to point and click to what the appropriate response to their problem is. After that part you move on to a microsoft outlook test where it asks you to flag emails, make notes, change labels etc. The last part is a writing part where you are given a certain amount of time to type a letter to an angry customer. After the test you will know whether you made it to the next round because they will interview you right there on the spot.

Here's the problem. The interview is ok but they will deceive you in a sense. They will smile, make jokes have normal conversations outside of asking you the "interview questions" which may lead you to think that you are definately getting the job, or you've got the job in the palm of your hand especially if they say to you It was really a joy and a pleasure speaking with you. And if your really good they will then give you a second interview with the operations manager that same day. Which in our case as the unemployed is normally a good thing because you will think that you did such a good job that you get to meet the operations manager.

The pay from what I was told is 13.00 hourly for this position. The health insurance they use is Aetna so if your not a fan of Aetna that may be a minus. The position is Mon-Fri 8-5pm Your benefits start 30 days after you start which is always a plus and you get 10 paid holidays/personal days etc. It really is a dream job for what it is but the downside is you leave thinking the interview went great and then you get an email telling you that your no longer being considered. The entire interview and tests took 3 hours. And they give you the tests first.

Note To Prometric: Maybe you should start giving the interviews first so that you can determine if the candidate is right for the position and then have them take a test that takes at least 1 hour to complete.

And don't look to get feedback from them on why you did not get the position because they definately will not answer you. I was upset for a little while but After reading the reviews that I found on them through the internet It looks like I dodged a big mess. So here's to Prometric

Interview Question – Name a time when there was mis-communication on a current or previous job?   View Answer

Management Interview

Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prometric in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of a thorough phone screen and three rounds of interviews. 1st round involved peers and a couple of high level HR folks. I met with the VP of HR in the second round and the president in the third. A little unusual (for an entry level manager opening) but very interesting to meet with the president of such a big organization.

Interview Question – The interview questions were in general performance/behaviorally based. Be ready to speak to your ability to manage projects and a changing environment.   Answer Question

Test Center Administrator Interview

Test Center Administrator
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Prometric in October 2011.

Interview Details – Firstly a one to one interview was conducted with the HR Executive than a telephonic interview with Test center Manager and the final face to face interview was held with the Operation Manager,India.

Interview Question – How will you convince your female friend is any misunderstanding grows between you two?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Prometric? Contribute to the Community!

Prometric – Why Work for Us?

Prometric is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Educational Testing Service (ETS) and a trusted provider of technology-enabled testing and assessment solutions. Our more than 20 years of experience providing the right test… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Prometric interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Prometric employees and interview candidates.