Promontory Financial Group Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Promontory Financial Group

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Promontory Financial Group (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of me speaking with 2 different employees of Promontory. Overall the process was fairly easy. They asked me a few generic questions and they turned the questions of to me. With each employee we spoke for about a half hour.

Interview Questions

• How are my skills in PowerPoint? What type of writing and presentation projects have I done in the past?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Promontory Financial Group in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on website, heard back within a week for phone interview. Phone interview focused on prior experience and relevant coursework. Second round interview in DC a few weeks after phone interview. Interviewed with team members, discussed my work and what the team did. Everyone was very nice and informative. Overall seemed like a very nice atmosphere and place to work.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview scheduled fairly quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Promontory Financial Group (Denver, CO).

Interview

Two phone interview, most about Excel and Access, data analysis, an other stuff

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Promontory Financial Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very Competitive. Friendly. Welcoming. Interview Process: 1) Online Application: Submit Resume, Cover Letter, and Writing Sample through my university's Career Center Recruitment Database 2) First-Round Interview:About 180 applicants from my university, of which 14 were selected for a 30-minute first-round BEHAVIORAL interview with an Analyst (who was recruited from my school the previous year) and the company's first analyst EVER (now a Senior Principal). Very friendly and nice. They both had great attitudes and showed a genuine interest in what I was saying. No tricks. Just asked me about myself and why they should hire me. They were impressed that I had read and referenced one of their colleagues from a recent market outlook review that I found on their website. 3) Second-Round Interview: Took more than three weeks to hear back and scheduled a visit for a week later. Was invited to manin DC office. Two more 30-minute behavioral interviews with two Managing Directors. One was very intimidating and cold, the other was the opposite. Talked mostly about their backgrounds and current work - loved talking about themselves, as does everyone. 4) Third-Round Interview: Took two weeks to hear back and interviewed that week. Had one behavioral interview with a Managing Director. Her experience was incredibly inspiring. Summary: Overall great experience. At each subsequent interview the analyst I first interviewed with would come to the waiting area to check on me, bring me coffee, and wish me luck. Was great seeing friendly faces. Promontory has BEAUTIFUL office spaces (not just in DC), the decorations in and location of the office are all prime. Also, EVERYONE was dressed to the 9's. Very formal, very formal office.You feel important just walking in. Never did meet meet the recruter who coordinated my visits. Inverted organizational chart - one analyst working with multiple MD's on their projects - unparalleled opportunity to gain expert knowledge and experience. LONG BUT AMAZING EXPERIENCE!

Interview Questions

• Why Promontory over other financial services consulting firms? What made you apply to Promontory initially? Interviews felt less like interrogations and more like conversations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Sent a single phone call to my recruiter asking to me moved from DC to NYC before accepting, responded in minutes with the "OK, not a problem." Very helpful. Very responsive. Very fast. Very understanding.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Promontory Financial Group (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

Not a very good interview. Interviewer was uncertain and unclear of what the analyst position consisted of, although he was very nice. It seems like a good company to work for, and the employees I talked to from the firm seemed very satisfied and happy about their work though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Promontory Financial Group (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

went to career fair and dropped my resume. Received an email asking for interview time 1 month later. interviewed for 1 hour and waited 4 weeks for the result.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Promontory Financial Group (Washington, DC) in December 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very well done. Quick turn around and a lot of interaction with the company's leadership team. Recruiter was excellent. Questions during the interview varied greatly in degree of difficulty and relevance.

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to handle the job being a single parent.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple, straight forward.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Promontory Financial Group (Washington, DC) in April 2009.

Interview

I traveled to Washington, DC and New York City to meet with company leaders. The intereviews were one-on-one and a luncheon with a group of people one of the two days.

Interview Questions

• What are your business relationships with federal or state regulators?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do not set your hourly rate too high to begin the relationship. Go for the average rate and increase your rate at a later date.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Promontory Financial Group.

Interview

Didn't know the name of the company until the 1st round of interviews (1 interview). After a couple of weeks, I was contacted for the 2nd and final round of interviews (multiple interviews), and travel arraignments were made.

Interview Questions

• Some technical question, like a small case to make a quick calculation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiations.