Proofpoint

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer (Web) Interview

Software Engineer (Web)
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Proofpoint in March 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter and had general questions round. Next round was with manager followed by onsite

Interview Question – Fibonacci / Factorial sort of question for RoR team,   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

Interviewed at Proofpoint

Interview Details – I applied through college career fair. The process took about 2-3 weeks. They first sent out programming questions through email, and then there is an onsite interview with 3 people.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Proofpoint.

Interview Details – Initial contact through university career fair. I was then contacted by the recruiter for a phone screen with an engineering manager. Moved on to an onsite interview within a few weeks - Met with some pretty senior engineers and management. The onsite interview was an all day thing and started off with a short address from high ranking management - that was quite nice.

HR kind of dropped the ball a bit after they extended an offer - kind of hard to contact and was missing documents here and there. Overall meh with the HR but that's not a big deal, really.

Interview Question – NDA, cannot disclose interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was ok. Initial offer was low but they were willing to talk and we reached an agreement

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

Interviewed at Proofpoint

Interview Details – I met the recruiter at a campus career fair. I was emailed to set up a phone interview for a few days later. I passed the phone interview where they asked me general questions about my resume. Then I was asked to go to their campus for an in person interview. I was never called back after my interview.

Interview Question – How can you benefit Proofpoint? What would you bring to our company that someone else won't?   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Software QA Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Proofpoint in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was emailed a link to an online test. Since I wasn't told how long the test would take and if it was timed, and which programming languages were to be used, I inquired. Was told it was 2 questions for 45 mins. Wasn't clear if the time was for each question or total. I did the test and never heard back from them, not even a confirmation that they received a test or basic thanks. I discussed this test and my answers with a senior engineer with 15 years of experience in major software companies and was told my answers were correct. I was given advice (which matches advice from other senior engineers having similar experiences) warning not to to take these tests that require no time invested on company side and take up your valuable time, while allowing companies to send these tests to 100s of people without actually looking at their resume once and checking if they feel there's a match in experience and skills first. Lesson well learned.

Interview Question – First question was asking to create test strategy for a high availability email application, that consisted of separate US, Application and back end layers/tiers. The question asked to list tools that would be used to automate testing of each layer. Also, it was asked to provide time frames for testing/retesting each new build. Second question was to "return middle element of the linked list", in any language pretty much.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Proofpoint in April 2013.

Interview Details – -Somewhat informal, I was interviewed by the entire team, several phone interviews and one in office

Interview Question – No questions were unexpected; very typical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Proofpoint

Interview Details – Phone screen with basic questions on core java, difference between interface and single inheritance, diff between final, finally and finalize, diff b/w array and linked list, hashmap vs.hashtable and onsite interview

Interview Question – difference between interface and single inheritance, diff between final, finally and finalize, diff b/w array and linked list, hashmap vs.hashtable   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Proofpoint.

Interview Details – First interview was a phone interview. Next was an onsite interview with 4 people.

Interview Question – Questions included string reversal and ascii character count.   Answer Question

Support Software Engineer Intern Interview

Support Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Proofpoint in April 2012.

Interview Details – First they did phone screening and then asked you write a code and send them in a day or two.
And they will call for an onsite interview.
Onsite interview was schedules with four people but as most of them were so I got to meet only one who was quite OK and ask about my projects and all. It was pretty much 30 - 35 minute interview.

Interview Question – Nothing as such most difficult. It was all related to what your resume speaks about   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Proofpoint.

Interview Details – Had a 1-hour phone interview after a career fair. Was flown in for a day of one-on-one interviews with software engineers. Mostly coding questions, lots of algorithms. Many interviewers made a point to save time for me to ask questions. The people there are very nice and have diverse interests outside of work. One more phone interview, then an offer.

Interview Question – Iteration vs. recursion; search algorithms; sort algorithms; abstract problem-solving; data structures   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – More interested in other topics.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Proofpoint

Worked for Proofpoint? Contribute to the Community!