Proofpoint

Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Proofpoint.

1. Phone screen.
2. Panel of 4 interviewers

After the panel interview nobody got back to me until I followed up myself in 2 weeks. The answer was that the position I applied for had been repurposed to some other team.

Given the amount of time I spent on phone screen, driving to their office and stress associated with the interview it was very frustrating to hear that the position was not even available. So I consider my experience as a negative one.

Other Interview Reviews for Proofpoint

Software Engineer Interview

Phone screen with basic questions on core java, difference between interface and single inheritance, diff between final, finally and finalize, diff b/w array and linked list, hashmap vs.hashtable and onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • difference between interface and single inheritance, diff between final, finally and finalize, diff b/w array and linked list, hashmap vs.hashtable   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Proofpoint in January 2011.

got interview, phone screened, then went onsite, meet 5 people, 1 of them is manager. the engineers gave a question to solve. the problem difficulty is medium.

Interview Questions
    • write code the navigate a matrix , from outside to the center.   Answer Question
    yes. make sure you have other offer when you negotiate with this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Proofpoint in October 2009.

No nonsense process

No negotiations

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Proofpoint in August 2010.

The recruiter who contacted me was very nice and helpful. He set up a phone screen for me with the hiring manager. He said to expect a standard 30-45 minute session.

The hiring manager called me about 15 minutes late, seemed to be very distracted. Spoke for about 10 minutes, and said he will arrange for an on-site interview.

I never heard from him again. I contacted the recruiter, who also said he had not received a feedback from the manager. He spoke to him and let me know he decided to go with someone else.

Overall, I think it was very irresponsible on their part to not follow up, and make a decision based on a hurried, 10 minute conversation

Interview Questions
    • What Java collection would you use to store a million strings   Answer Question