Prophet Brand Strategy

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

3.4

General Marketing Associate Interview

First interview was very short on behavioral (tell me about yourself, etc.) maybe 1-2 questions. The rest of the interview was case study questions about different marketing research and marketing implementation situations that certain companies are faced with.

Second interview where you present a short ppt deck (3 slides) on either "what is an underleveraged brand and how can they improve" or "what is a strong brand, what makes them strong, and how can they further improve?".

Interview Questions
    • They end up asking you both questions for the second interview   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy.

There were two 30 min interviews. Both interviewers were really friendly. In one, I was given a hypothetical business situation where I had to provide a client with a suggestion to pursue or not pursue a new business option, explaining your analysis strategically, like a case. In the other, I had to casually give a 3 slide presentation I was asked to prepare about a brand that is under-leveraged or a good brand, giving recommendations for improvement for either. Was asked questions and had a good dialog, asked about the basis of my judgment for the brand I chose. Was asked the basic questions of why should we hire you, and why do you want to work here.

Interview Questions
    • If a certain exercise clothing brand approached you about entering the energy drinks market, what would you recommend and why?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy.

Applied through my college career website, heard back from them after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Interview split between two people, had to give a short presentation, case question was not too bad but they were looking for fairly specific things   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Selected for a summer internship. First interview was a presentation followed with questions that a consultant might ask. Second was a behavioral interview that asked me to go over work experience and some team work experiences. Also was asked two mini case questions.

Interview Questions
    • If Starbucks opened a drive through, how would this affect their business model. What are some things to consider.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy in February 2014.

Two 30-minute interviews: one is behavioral and the other is case interview
    Behavioral: Tell is about a strong brand. Why do you think it's strong?

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy in February 2014.

The process took an hour and was comprised of two 30 minute interviews. The first was a half resume/fit questions and half marketing case studies. The second interviewer had me present a prepared PowerPoint on a brand I thought was doing well and then he took questions about the company.

Interview Questions
    • What if Trader Joe's was thinking about setting up a yoga component at some of their locations?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Applied through university website for the position, received an email to prepare for the presentation. Pick either a strong/under leveraged brand and suggest how they could improve as a presentation topic. 2 interviews, one was primarily behavioural and you presented your case in the other.

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy in February 2014.

Applied through university recruiting system. Interview consisted of a 30 minute behavioral section, which ran over to about 40 minutes, and a shorter business case. I was asked to prepare a short presentation, but the behavioral component felt much more like a conversation than a strenuous interview. My interviewers were both really interesting to talk with, which I appreciated, because it was almost possible to forget that I was supposed to be stressing.

Interview Questions
    • Whole Foods is considering adding a sports bar to their stores. Is this a good idea?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I submitted my application for on-campus recruiting and got an interview. The interview was conducted by two people. One for behavioral and one for case study. The behavioral one was fairly generic, walked through my resume and talked about past experiences. Really try to make sure that you understand specifically what branding is compared to marketing, when I talked about why I am interested in branding, I think couldn't pinpoint my interest specifically enough. Also I had to give a brief presentation on one brand that I think is especially strong and interesting in its brand image and how I can further improve the brand. For the case interview, the scenario was that Zappos is debating on whether or nor it wants to set up physical stores within Marshall's. You had to provide the reasons why you think this is a good or bad idea and potential effects of this decision on Zappos' brand image. Both interviewers were young and nice during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The Zappo's and Marshall's case study threw me off a bit, mostly because I wasn't too familiar with case studies.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy.

I was called for a phone screen interview. Asked me the typical interview questions, but they did not seem ready to host an intern.