Prophet Brand Strategy Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2014
21 interviews

3.4

Summer Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy in February 2014.

Applied through university recruiting system. Interview consisted of a 30 minute behavioral section, which ran over to about 40 minutes, and a shorter business case. I was asked to prepare a short presentation, but the behavioral component felt much more like a conversation than a strenuous interview. My interviewers were both really interesting to talk with, which I appreciated, because it was almost possible to forget that I was supposed to be stressing.

Interview Questions
    • Whole Foods is considering adding a sports bar to their stores. Is this a good idea?   View Answer

Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy in May 2010.

- initial phone screening by HR - mainly to see that you are articulate and excited about the job
    - first round interview (3 people) - you'll have a case study to complete, a normal (not so difficult) consulting case
    - second round interview (3 people) - you are expected to present a few powerpoint slides based on a pre-established topic

None.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy.

There were two 30 min interviews. Both interviewers were really friendly. In one, I was given a hypothetical business situation where I had to provide a client with a suggestion to pursue or not pursue a new business option, explaining your analysis strategically, like a case. In the other, I had to casually give a 3 slide presentation I was asked to prepare about a brand that is under-leveraged or a good brand, giving recommendations for improvement for either. Was asked questions and had a good dialog, asked about the basis of my judgment for the brand I chose. Was asked the basic questions of why should we hire you, and why do you want to work here.

Interview Questions
    • If a certain exercise clothing brand approached you about entering the energy drinks market, what would you recommend and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy in February 2014.

Two 30-minute interviews: one is behavioral and the other is case interview
    Behavioral: Tell is about a strong brand. Why do you think it's strong?

Summer Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy.

Applied through my college career website, heard back from them after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Interview split between two people, had to give a short presentation, case question was not too bad but they were looking for fairly specific things   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Selected for a summer internship. First interview was a presentation followed with questions that a consultant might ask. Second was a behavioral interview that asked me to go over work experience and some team work experiences. Also was asked two mini case questions.

Interview Questions
    • If Starbucks opened a drive through, how would this affect their business model. What are some things to consider.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Applied through university website for the position, received an email to prepare for the presentation. Pick either a strong/under leveraged brand and suggest how they could improve as a presentation topic. 2 interviews, one was primarily behavioural and you presented your case in the other.

Summer Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy in February 2014.

The process took an hour and was comprised of two 30 minute interviews. The first was a half resume/fit questions and half marketing case studies. The second interviewer had me present a prepared PowerPoint on a brand I thought was doing well and then he took questions about the company.

Interview Questions
    • What if Trader Joe's was thinking about setting up a yoga component at some of their locations?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy.

I was called for a phone screen interview. Asked me the typical interview questions, but they did not seem ready to host an intern.

Senior Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy.

Two step interview process - resume review and cases. Interviews vary widely by who you speak with - cultural fit tends to be a more relaxed interview while case reviews tend to evaluate your confidence under pressure and approach to problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • Range of questions vary and are often influenced by the interviewers personal experience.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Prophet Brand Strategy

Worked for Prophet Brand Strategy? Contribute to the Community!