Protection 1

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

2.7

Marketing Interview

I was referred to the job by a friend within Protection 1 which appeared to be the best way to get involved. I had two phone interviews by the same person and was offered a job on the second one.

Interview Questions
    • What are your specific ideas to market our product in the next month?   Answer Question

NOC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protection 1 in October 2014.

Contacted by recruiter via phone and e-mail. Then talked to hiring Manager from before being calling in for a meeting with local manager and IT lead. The interview was more along the lines of a telemarketing level interview with questions about transportation.

I was told they were hiring one noc analyst and two technicians. Then when I interviewed they said two noc analysts and one technician. After the interview and speaking to the recruiting company, who said they placed both the HR manager and the general manager at that location, they said they had received an offer for me and were preparing the paperwork.

I accepted another job offer paying 2x the amount they were, and ultimately never heard back from them with offer.

Interview Questions
    • None, questions were very low level like "Do you have transportation".   Answer Question

National Account Support Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protection 1.

For more advanced positions, managers prefer industry experience, interview is usually at least 2 managers. They will typically perform a phone interview, 1:1 or group interview and proceed with an offer once they determine if you are hired. The background check sometimes takes a while.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel there was anything difficult or unexpected, certainly helps being in the industry.   Answer Question
    Ask for more than what you want, they will offer less.

Commercial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protection 1 in September 2013.

The interview process was a meeting, then 2 phone screens then another meeting where the 2 managers were very informative and helpful explaining the position in detail and addressing all of my concerns. They made me an offer and after careful consideration the base salary offered was just way to low.

The base salary was to low, commission structure is very confusing with too many layers.

Residential Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Protection 1.

Face to face interview with sales manager. He reviewed my experience with ADT. 'made LOTS of promises like, 'You're going to do great here... We've got so many leads we can barely keep up... One of my guys made 5 grand last month.' I had an advantage because of previous experience via U.S.A.F. and ADT.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. He asked me, 'Tell me about yourself....'   View Answer
    There is no negotiation, each sale equals a certain dollar amount.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protection 1 in August 2012.

2 interviews, first interview was with HR, second was with shift manager customer service supervisor- both were very cool and tried to make me feel at ease was told at end of second I had the job so no waiting, typing test, paperwork day with proof of transcripts, W2's last 3 years, mouth swab drug test, extensive background check

Interview Questions
    • How did your last job prepare or help you for this job? (Be prepared if, like me, one of my last jobs was something totally unrelated like teaching piano)   View Answer
    I negotiated a dollar more an hour by pointing out that I had a Bachelor's Degree. Didn't find out until after everything the pay rate, put me off in answering until I had already committed.

Commercial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Protection 1 in August 2011.

The interview process consisted of 4 interview with a Sales Manager, General Manager, RVP and then VP. Very thorough and engaging. Requests to meet others in the management team from service and operations were granted; this helped make sure the position was a "good fit". 3 years going strong now. Very good fit.

Interview Questions
    • i was asked to tell a story. A story of any kind, meant to determine "engagement" capability i presume.   View Answer
    Salary was negotiable upwards, as were vacation days. That made the hiring process take nearly 6 weeks, but the offer was firm.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Protection 1 in May 2011.

Phone interview with the director followed by 1:1 interview with director. I was then offered the position and accepts, did the drug test and background check and then started. I did have to bring in my college diploma and all my personal identification for photo copy.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would design a training program.   View Answer
    There was not one. They offered a salary in line with where I needed to be so I didn't negotiate. I just accepted.

Commercial Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Protection 1 in June 2009.

Detailed process, Hr does a good job. Typical salesinterview questions. They want a go getter.

Interview Questions
    Not much of negotiation. Only one offer.