Protection 1 Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.8

Commercial Securtiy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Protection 1 (Topeka, KS) in August 2015.

Interview

Casual sitdown, low stress environment. Met over lunch provided by regional sales manager. Very cordial, military friendly, understanding of current situation. Very accommodating to my current situation and employment needs.

Interview Questions

• my views on security and ways to improve it for businesses   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protection 1.

Interview

First interview set up within two weeks of applying, then a second was given on the spot after successfully passing the first. Asked initially before setting up first interview how much I was looking to get paid. Then asked once in each interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the hardest thing about this position?   Answer Question

Branch Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Protection 1 (Florham Park, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with Branch Manager, was told I would be called back for 2nd interview. Never recieved a call. Follow up emails and phone calls were never returned. Highly unprofessional.

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Protection 1.

Interview

Lengthy and Laborious process filled with unnecessary banter mostly about the personal life of the employees and how they would e more productive if they would stop mixing business and pleasure

Negotiation

Company actually reneged on initial scope of responsibility. Turned down other offers thinking responsibilities were going to be greater than what was actually offered. Typical of this company's inconsistent management style.

Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Protection 1 (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

I met with the Sales Manager and we just had a laid back and simple conversation concerning my past experience and what I can bring to the table. Straight forward and honest experience. There was a drug test, background check and just a couple of people I shook hands with and spoke briefly with on my way out. Seriously, very easy. They just want to make sure you are sane, competent and can be trusted with all the rope they allow you.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

I was referred to the job by a friend within Protection 1 which appeared to be the best way to get involved. I had two phone interviews by the same person and was offered a job on the second one.

Interview Questions

• What are your specific ideas to market our product in the next month?   Answer Question

NOC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protection 1 (Newark, DE) in October 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via phone and e-mail. Then talked to hiring Manager from before being calling in for a meeting with local manager and IT lead. The interview was more along the lines of a telemarketing level interview with questions about transportation. I was told they were hiring one noc analyst and two technicians. Then when I interviewed they said two noc analysts and one technician. After the interview and speaking to the recruiting company, who said they placed both the HR manager and the general manager at that location, they said they had received an offer for me and were preparing the paperwork. I accepted another job offer paying 2x the amount they were, and ultimately never heard back from them with offer.

Interview Questions

• None, questions were very low level like "Do you have transportation".   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protection 1.

Interview

For more advanced positions, managers prefer industry experience, interview is usually at least 2 managers. They will typically perform a phone interview, 1:1 or group interview and proceed with an offer once they determine if you are hired. The background check sometimes takes a while.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel there was anything difficult or unexpected, certainly helps being in the industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for more than what you want, they will offer less.

Commercial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protection 1 (Norwood, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a meeting, then 2 phone screens then another meeting where the 2 managers were very informative and helpful explaining the position in detail and addressing all of my concerns. They made me an offer and after careful consideration the base salary offered was just way to low.

The base salary was to low, commission structure is very confusing with too many layers.

Residential Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Protection 1 (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Face to face interview with sales manager. He reviewed my experience with ADT. 'made LOTS of promises like, 'You're going to do great here... We've got so many leads we can barely keep up... One of my guys made 5 grand last month.' I had an advantage because of previous experience via U.S.A.F. and ADT.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. He asked me, 'Tell me about yourself....'   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, each sale equals a certain dollar amount.