Protective Life Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014
Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.5

Customer Service Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Protective Life (Elgin, IL).

Interview

Had 1 interview total - did have a phone screening first - but overall it was average interview. Did dressed business casual. Highly recommend business casual at every interview - but the work environment is very casual.

Interview Questions

• Very easy - asked basic interview questions - tell me about a time you... how would you handle...   1 Answer

Negotiation

None - they stated a salary - take it or leave it.

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Protective Life (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Had a 20 min phone screening first. Then around a month later they gave me an on site interview. For the phone screening it was just simple housekeeping questions. Then for the on site interview they really wanted to find out more about me and my experiences. They also required me to take an aptitude test at the end. Entire interview lasted around 2 hours. It was a really good experience.

Interview Questions

• Not too bad of an interview, they just went through my entire resume and asked questions about each section.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

I had one interview on the phone since I lived in Ohio at the time. Then I flew in for a face to face interview. Met with a potential co-worker and potential boss. Nothing unusual.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Protective Life.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person panel interview. The panel interview asked a bunch of "low level" software questions (think bit-shifting, no framework string manip, etc) even though it was for a web dev position where such skills are absolutely useless.

Interview Questions

Didn't ask me any technical questions about what my role would actually be. Did not seem to have a clearly defined roadmap for their group. Could not describe their development process.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Protective Life.

Interview

Started with about a 15 minute phone interview with a lady from HR. Drove on-sight for an interview. I had to take a wonderlic test. Two reps from the analyst dept interviewed me. Not technical at all.

Interview Questions

• They just asked me about my experience.   1 Answer

Pay and the work didn't seem very relevant at all.

Life Underwriter Interview

Interview

All done over the phone. Very easy. Listened to management talk mostly about their plans for the company.

Negotiation

Was able to obtain more salary due to not taking health coverage.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Protective Life.

Interview

Applied online. First round phone interview, then on site interview. Average interview questions. Nice people, no hard questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the thing that you feel most proud of? (it's a typical question for most interviews)   Answer Question

Customer Service Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protective Life in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received an email asking to confirm a time for a phone interview. If you do well with that, you have an interview at home office with 2-3 managers. Very relaxed, nothing too hard, mainly behaviorial-based questions. Basically they're looking to see if you're able to communicate well with customers and not get stressed-out.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you were unable to meet a customer's needs and how did you handle it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, entry-level position.

Licensing and Contracting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protective Life.

Interview

The Hiring process for temps is a background check and drug test and an intensive interview. They also require some additional testing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating phase this was through a temp service.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Protective Life.

Interview

I had three phone interviews and one in-person interview. No skill tests or reference checks. Just the usual employment verification, drug screening and background checks.