Protiviti Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.8

Process Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with Protiviti in the Fall of 2014. I had two on-campus interviews (one of them a case study) and then one interview at the office. The process was very similar to the interview process I experienced at other accounting firms and banks.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions revolved around working in group environments since most of the work is completed in groups at Protiviti.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and no nonsense. There was great communication throughout the process and prompt answers to any questions you may have had. The interview was a lot based around culture fit within the company which I really appreciated and enjoyed because that is one of the initial reasons I was attracted to the company. Overall great experience and one of the most polished and well done campus and on site interview processes I've experienced.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the things that are important to you in a workplace setting?   Answer Question

Business Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

First round is phone interview, second round is a case and third is at their offices where they show you around and engage you in many activities and interview for about 5 minutes with another manager. I think final round is more about cultural fit, so act like a consultant to be hired like one.

Business Process Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online through my college. Was then selected for an interview on campus with a pre-night for a networking event. Initial interview consisted of a 30 minute behavioral portion with a 30 minute case immediately after. They give you part of the case the night before. Was then invited up to the corporate HQ for an office visit. Very informal superday consisting of panels and a small group activity. The day concludes with a 1on1 with a Managing Director.

Interview Questions

• Why Protiviti? Why consulting? Pretend as if I'm a client, sell me on Protiviti.   Answer Question

Internal Audit and Financial Advisory Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume through the career portal and heard back from a recruiter several months later once my graduation date approached. The first step was speaking with the recruiter about why I was interested in protiviti, and nailing down a location where I wanted to apply. Then there was a phone interview with a manager that consisted of more behavioral questions and then finally an in person interview at the office. There was a case study analysis that was part of the interview as well that consisted of a produciton process for a fictional company.

Interview Questions

• The case study was the most difficult part of the in person interview. It definitely helped to do some practice case studies before hand.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just accepted

Senior Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

My recruiter was great. The process went very quickly, and the interviewers were flexible and respectful of my time, given that I was still working at my previous employer. The interviewers were very personable, but asked very difficult questions about my aptitude, what I knew, and what I didn't know. They were very straightforward with me throughout the entire process. The only item that was difficult was waiting for a decision from their end; they had other candidates they were speaking to and needed to work that out before speaking with me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot about my accounting experience.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Response was fast, recruiter was very helpful and nice - extremely fast responses (<30min most times). First round phone behavioral, second round consisted of case study, technical interview, and get to know company. Second round at Chicago office, only took one morning. Every interviewer was very, very nice. Company was very welcoming, which I still found to be true after taking the internship. Very enjoyable experience, made me love the company.

Interview Questions

• Questions about specific technical testing for software development. Was not expecting it, but interviewers did not negatively react.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - internship

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with the head of the department in San Fran and then an in-person interview in Chicago with the team. Everyone seemed friendly enough but the environment seemed a bit stuffy.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

First interviews consisted of 2 rounds. One was a case interview where I had to look through a case and talk about risks within the process. Nothing difficult. The second round was a behavioral interview. Good old stuff. Second interview again consisted of 2 rounds. This time I was in the office and I basically talked to a manager, who was kind of aggressive, but that is normal since this is the guy who would be my boss on a day to day basis. Then I talked to a director for the last half and he was super chill, we basically talked about Protiviti and his role in the firm and so on.

Interview Questions

• Tell em about a time when you had to work with a process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I technically have not accepted yet but I think I am going to sometime soon. I have 2 other offers but Protiviti is definitely on the top of my list. They also offered me more $ then public accounting firms. Their office was also really nice. Way nicer than E&Y or PwC.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

There were phone screen calls and interviews with individual staff. Pretty exhaustive and representative of who was on the team. Process congenial, not difficult. Interviews in Chicago and NY. Weird lunch interview: cell phones, etc., not much conversational skill for work or non work topics.

Interview Questions

• Could I work in a male dominated group.   1 Answer