Protiviti

Getting the Interview

28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Protiviti

Interview Details – One on campus interview through university career fair, followed by an office visit at the end of the next week. Offer came soon after the weekend.

Interviewed with multiple levels in the company, up to MD. Overall great people and great company.

Interview Question – Maybe a small twist asking about weaknesses, etc. but nothing out of the ordinary. Behavioral and fit questions. Mostly walking through resume.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee and received a phone call to set up a time to come in and interview. I was given a schedule of the people I would be meeting with, 4 in total (Manager, Associate Director, Managing Director, and HR). On the day of the interview I checked in at the front desk and then first meet with a Manager. This interview was relaxed and pretty informal. He was personable and friendly and we discussed my resume for the most part and my past experience/education. This phase last approximately 30 minutes. After that he walked me over to another office and I met with an Associate Director. She was more formal and serious, but still friendly. This part of the process consisted of interview questions that were less about my resume and more about my personality and behavioral type questions. This lasted approximately 20 minutes. She then walked me to another office and I met a Managing Director. This meeting last about 30 minutes. It consisted mostly of him discussing the business and the types of solutions they provide to clients. I would chime in and make a comment here and there or ask a question, but it was mostly him doing the talking and me listening. After that, I met with someone from HR for a few minutes for the final part of the process to see if I had any follow up questions.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions really, just some standard behavioral ones. "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" "What is your greatest strength / weakness" "Do you prefer to work on teams or alone".

Knowing something about the solutions they offer and ones that you are interested working in will help you in progressing the interview conversation with the Associate Director and Managing Director.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but probably should have.

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in November 2013.

Interview Details – They didn't recruit at my school so I applied directly through the web-site. I was quickly contacted through email to set up a phone interview. The first phone interview was with HR and was completely resume & behavioral based. Shortly after, I was told that I did well and would be scheduled for another phone interview.

The second phone interview was with a current manager and was mostly focused on my resume with a few behavioral questions.

The third interview was a final round office visit and pre-interview dinner. The dinner was a a lot of fun and it really broke the ice for the next day. The office visit consisted of an opening presentation from a managing director. After that there was a Q&A with current employees and was extremely casual. After the Q&A, half of the candidates went to do interviews and the other half did a group activity with a short presentation. The group activity was very laid back and basic and the presentation was short and fun.

Both interviews were 1:1 resume and behavioral based and ended up just turning into a conversation about the company, my interests, the interviewers background etc. Could not have been a more relaxing and welcoming interview experience.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself that I won't find on your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – While the company may be open to negotiate, the offer was generous and extremely reasonable. Took it straight up.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in October 2013.

Interview Details – First interviews consisted of 2 rounds. One was a case interview where I had to look through a case and talk about risks within the process. Nothing difficult. The second round was a behavioral interview. Good old stuff.

Second interview again consisted of 2 rounds. This time I was in the office and I basically talked to a manager, who was kind of aggressive, but that is normal since this is the guy who would be my boss on a day to day basis. Then I talked to a director for the last half and he was super chill, we basically talked about Protiviti and his role in the firm and so on.

Interview Question – Tell em about a time when you had to work with a process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I technically have not accepted yet but I think I am going to sometime soon. I have 2 other offers but Protiviti is definitely on the top of my list. They also offered me more $ then public accounting firms. Their office was also really nice. Way nicer than E&Y or PwC.

Interviewed at Protiviti

Interview Details – Round 1 - 2 back to back behavioral interviews. Mainly just trying to see if you would be a good fit for the organization.

Round 2 - This is an office visit. There are 3 interviews: 1 case interview, 1 behavioral, and 1 to learn more about the company.

Overall, the interview process was quick and enjoyable. It would have been better if the company flew us out to the office though.

Interview Question – All were very straight forward. It was unexpected to receive details of the case the night before the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't be afraid to negotiate. If they make you an offer it is because they like you and want you to join their company.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting. I was selected for the first round of interviewing which was an hour long interview with 2 Protiviti recruiters. About 2-3 weeks later i was invited to an office visit which I was flown out for (office not in the state I am going to school in). At the office visit I had 3 back-to-back hour long interviews and went out to lunch with 5 of the consultants (IT and audit). The office visit was on a Friday and I got a phone call that next Monday to make me an offer.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular. Just like any other interview, make sure that you have strong examples or work/ life experiences that you can apply to "leadership" or "team" type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my starting salary. I had 2 other offers on the table with a Masters degree and a CPA certification in the works so, they were willing to meet my compensation request.

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview Details – Protiviti came to my campus and recruited a number of students. They were very nice and professional. I got through the first round of on-campus interviews and then visited Protiviti's office. The work environment seemed fun. I enjoyed my time there. I was ultimately offered a job, but decided to turn it down and keep exploring my other options.

Interview Question – They ask you to basically sell them on Protiviti. It isn't too difficult   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I felt pressured to accept an offer before I was ready. I already had other interviews lined up and wanted to see those through. Protiviti is great though. I really liked all the people I met there.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initially had a phone interview with a recruiter. They were extremely nice and were not there to trick me in any way. Basic questions like why Protiviti, why I would be a strong candidate, etc. After that, mostly talked about the job and the company. Very enjoyable.

After that, I was invited to the office and had two 30 minutes interviews with directors. They were both very cool and easy to talk to. Mostly asked basic behavioral questions (working in teams and stuff) and also walked through my resume. We even talked about sports a little bit. Couldn't have asked for a better interview.

Interview Question – Why are you best fit for this job?   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was 1st contacted in a request from LinkedIn to join network of 1st connections from a Senior Manager, he asked if I was still seeking employment as my profile says I am. We exchanged 2 or 3 emails, n I was received an email, from a recruiter. We exchanged several emails, and he asked about my schedule to do a phone interview. I replied my available times and forgot about it when I did not immediately hear back from him. Maybe a week and a half to two weeks and n he shoots me anor email asking if I could make it for a phone interview in couple days and asks me to fill out an application online at Protiviti website, which is very professional by way. We exchanged emails in two days we set up a time for interview, I responded that I could make it, and went online filled out application, and n responded ID number to make it easier for me to find me. Later that day he replied w/name of assistant director who would interview me.
   After having reviewed post on glass door on conducted by ir recruiters, I feel I was more than prepared and responded well to questions. I would recommend one preparing for an interview should definitely this site bookmarked in ir browser to help prepare for interview.
  Some of questions were right off this site. Why Protiviti? Why consulting interest ? Was re a time were part of a team? What career goals and development plans do ? y were asked in a relaxed and professional manner, interviewer was very courteous and seemed to be very encouraging to my responses.
  Overall, it has been a good experience, doing research ahead of time about Protiviti would be something that would put in much better standing. y a very information website m videos, for those of that do not like to spend an excessive amount of time reading. My overall rating of Protiviti on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being highest, I would definitely give m a "10"!

Interview Question – If do research prior to interview, re is not difficult question, y do not seem to be trying to make interview hard. Interview lasted 38 minutes and 20 seconds. Waiting to hear if response.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in October 2011.

Interview Details – Met at career fair and had very positive feeling from them. Got a first round interview on campus and met with 2 people for a half hour each and someone from HR. Again, all positive interactions. Got a 2nd round in NYC. They put me up in a very nice hotel and had a pre-interview dinner the night before. The interview consisted of a presentation to us about the firm, 2 half hour interviews, lunch with 2 first year consultants and a 5 minute group presentation. The whole process was pretty easy. The day was long, it lasted from 9am to 4pm. I felt very comfortable with the firm leaving the interview and got to meet a large amount of people. Everyone was young, energetic and friendly.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself that would surprise me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to get my offer deadline extended so I could consider other offers.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Protiviti

Worked for Protiviti? Contribute to the Community!

Protiviti Videos

Protiviti – Why Work for Us?

About Us We believe that a career is about more than just working, providing deliverables, and being compensated for your efforts. The Protiviti Career is about opportunities to lead, learn, grow, and make a difference… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Protiviti Consultant interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Protiviti employees and interview candidates.