Protiviti Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015
Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.6

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my business college career fair and had an enjoyable conversation about "consulting" and what that really meant. This was followed by an inventation to dinner later that night. At dinner I got to enjoy dinner with 5 - 6 candidates and 2 protiviti managers. The next day I was invited to participate in a number of on campus interviews with the individuals from dinner. Within a couple of weeks I was extended an invitation to visit the Protiviti office and participate in another round of interviews. A recruiting dinner was held the night before the interviews and we were set up with hotel rooms near the office. The next morning we had group activities with protiviti employees including a Q&A session, group activity, and presentation. Througout the morning each candidate had a couple of individual interviews with different manager and above employees at Protiviti (usually at least one MD or Director). We were done around noon and returned home. Within a month protiviti communicated decisions.

Interview Questions

• Pitch Protiviti to a potential client based off what you currently know about the company and our business.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Protiviti

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Protiviti (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The whole interview was conducted with a small group. It was a series of 3 hour interviews. They asked a lot of questions on process, technical questions, how my experience fits a transition into management consulting, behavioral and personality fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation in which you managed a process .   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

There process took about 1 hour long. 45 minutes behavioral and 20 minutes case interview. We were also given data on the case interview one day prior to the actual interview. The case interview was very straightforward, the interviewer put you back on the right track or did a good job of helping the student redirect the answer towards the main focus. Overall the process was very positive.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online after hearing about the company from a colleague. Their recruiting process is very efficient and one of the best interview process I've had. The recruiter got back to me the next day after I applied online. The entire process took about 2 weeks. The interview processes was standard with a phone call from recruiter about the position, follow by a phone interview with a manager, and an in office interview with the directors as well as a case study. The interview ended with lunch with a couple of consultants who will talk more about the firm and answer any questions you may have. I was coming in from out of state and Protiviti was very generous in offering all the necessary accommodations. Everyone at the firm was extremely nice and I felt like I got along with everyone there.

Tips:
    -It's always better to over prepare for an interview. (Do your homework and research on the company)
    -Organize your thoughts before you speak. Organization is important...especially for consulting.
    -There are videos made by Protiviti you can watch on youtube that will give you a good idea what kind people you will be meeting
    -The case study wasn't hard. Take a good look at all the materials that are given to you before you dive in. Take notes or make comments as you read through it. This will help you a lot when you're writing down your response. (If you have taken a MIS course at your college, then the case study will be familiar to you)
    -Having an accounting background seems to be useful based on my conversations.
    -SMILE and have a good time. (Be yourself)

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness or an area you want to improve on?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting at my university. First round of 2 interviews was on campus with an Associate Director and the Managing Director. One interview was behavioral based, and the other was a short case study that they send you a prep document the night before. Case study was much easier than I thought it would be. After on campus interviewing I heard shortly after that I would be invited to an office visit. Office visit consisted of a round of interviews and getting to know a lot of the people who work there. Employees were very accommodating and helpful during the process.

Interview Questions

• Case study was the most difficult question, everything else was standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a positive experience regarding the interview process. The first part was a phone call with HR. If she felt you were a fit she would then forward your application to a manager. I then met with a manager and a partner and the interviews were very relaxed and informative. It was more of a discussion/conversation then an interview. Overall-positive experience.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Protiviti in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview consisting of one case question and one behavioral interview. Office interview with presentations by employees and 2 conversational interviews. Nothing too out of the ordinary, try to know a good amount about the company before you interview.

Consultant Interview

Interview

One on campus interview through university career fair, followed by an office visit at the end of the next week. Offer came soon after the weekend.

Interviewed with multiple levels in the company, up to MD. Overall great people and great company.

Interview Questions

• Maybe a small twist asking about weaknesses, etc. but nothing out of the ordinary. Behavioral and fit questions. Mostly walking through resume.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

They didn't recruit at my school so I applied directly through the web-site. I was quickly contacted through email to set up a phone interview. The first phone interview was with HR and was completely resume & behavioral based. Shortly after, I was told that I did well and would be scheduled for another phone interview.

The second phone interview was with a current manager and was mostly focused on my resume with a few behavioral questions.

The third interview was a final round office visit and pre-interview dinner. The dinner was a a lot of fun and it really broke the ice for the next day. The office visit consisted of an opening presentation from a managing director. After that there was a Q&A with current employees and was extremely casual. After the Q&A, half of the candidates went to do interviews and the other half did a group activity with a short presentation. The group activity was very laid back and basic and the presentation was short and fun.

Both interviews were 1:1 resume and behavioral based and ended up just turning into a conversation about the company, my interests, the interviewers background etc. Could not have been a more relaxing and welcoming interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that I won't find on your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

While the company may be open to negotiate, the offer was generous and extremely reasonable. Took it straight up.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Round 1 - 2 back to back behavioral interviews. Mainly just trying to see if you would be a good fit for the organization.

Round 2 - This is an office visit. There are 3 interviews: 1 case interview, 1 behavioral, and 1 to learn more about the company.

Overall, the interview process was quick and enjoyable. It would have been better if the company flew us out to the office though.

Interview Questions

• All were very straight forward. It was unexpected to receive details of the case the night before the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't be afraid to negotiate. If they make you an offer it is because they like you and want you to join their company.