Protiviti

Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.6

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Protiviti in October 2014.

On campus interview consisting of one case question and one behavioral interview. Office interview with presentations by employees and 2 conversational interviews. Nothing too out of the ordinary, try to know a good amount about the company before you interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Protiviti

Consultant Interview

One on campus interview through university career fair, followed by an office visit at the end of the next week. Offer came soon after the weekend.

Interviewed with multiple levels in the company, up to MD. Overall great people and great company.

Interview Questions
    • Maybe a small twist asking about weaknesses, etc. but nothing out of the ordinary. Behavioral and fit questions. Mostly walking through resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti in November 2013.

They didn't recruit at my school so I applied directly through the web-site. I was quickly contacted through email to set up a phone interview. The first phone interview was with HR and was completely resume & behavioral based. Shortly after, I was told that I did well and would be scheduled for another phone interview.

The second phone interview was with a current manager and was mostly focused on my resume with a few behavioral questions.

The third interview was a final round office visit and pre-interview dinner. The dinner was a a lot of fun and it really broke the ice for the next day. The office visit consisted of an opening presentation from a managing director. After that there was a Q&A with current employees and was extremely casual. After the Q&A, half of the candidates went to do interviews and the other half did a group activity with a short presentation. The group activity was very laid back and basic and the presentation was short and fun.

Both interviews were 1:1 resume and behavioral based and ended up just turning into a conversation about the company, my interests, the interviewers background etc. Could not have been a more relaxing and welcoming interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that I won't find on your resume.   Answer Question
    While the company may be open to negotiate, the offer was generous and extremely reasonable. Took it straight up.

Consultant Interview

Round 1 - 2 back to back behavioral interviews. Mainly just trying to see if you would be a good fit for the organization.

Round 2 - This is an office visit. There are 3 interviews: 1 case interview, 1 behavioral, and 1 to learn more about the company.

Overall, the interview process was quick and enjoyable. It would have been better if the company flew us out to the office though.

Interview Questions
    • All were very straight forward. It was unexpected to receive details of the case the night before the interview.   Answer Question
    Don't be afraid to negotiate. If they make you an offer it is because they like you and want you to join their company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti in October 2013.

First interviews consisted of 2 rounds. One was a case interview where I had to look through a case and talk about risks within the process. Nothing difficult. The second round was a behavioral interview. Good old stuff.

Second interview again consisted of 2 rounds. This time I was in the office and I basically talked to a manager, who was kind of aggressive, but that is normal since this is the guy who would be my boss on a day to day basis. Then I talked to a director for the last half and he was super chill, we basically talked about Protiviti and his role in the firm and so on.

Interview Questions
    • Tell em about a time when you had to work with a process.   Answer Question
    I technically have not accepted yet but I think I am going to sometime soon. I have 2 other offers but Protiviti is definitely on the top of my list. They also offered me more $ then public accounting firms. Their office was also really nice. Way nicer than E&Y or PwC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Protiviti.

Campus recruiting. I was selected for the first round of interviewing which was an hour long interview with 2 Protiviti recruiters. About 2-3 weeks later i was invited to an office visit which I was flown out for (office not in the state I am going to school in). At the office visit I had 3 back-to-back hour long interviews and went out to lunch with 5 of the consultants (IT and audit). The office visit was on a Friday and I got a phone call that next Monday to make me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular. Just like any other interview, make sure that you have strong examples or work/ life experiences that you can apply to "leadership" or "team" type questions.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my starting salary. I had 2 other offers on the table with a Masters degree and a CPA certification in the works so, they were willing to meet my compensation request.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti.

Protiviti came to my campus and recruited a number of students. They were very nice and professional. I got through the first round of on-campus interviews and then visited Protiviti's office. The work environment seemed fun. I enjoyed my time there. I was ultimately offered a job, but decided to turn it down and keep exploring my other options.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to basically sell them on Protiviti. It isn't too difficult   View Answer

I felt pressured to accept an offer before I was ready. I already had other interviews lined up and wanted to see those through. Protiviti is great though. I really liked all the people I met there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Protiviti in October 2012.

I was 1st contacted in a request from LinkedIn to join network of 1st connections from a Senior Manager, he asked if I was still seeking employment as my profile says I am. We exchanged 2 or 3 emails, n I was received an email, from a recruiter. We exchanged several emails, and he asked about my schedule to do a phone interview. I replied my available times and forgot about it when I did not immediately hear back from him. Maybe a week and a half to two weeks and n he shoots me anor email asking if I could make it for a phone interview in couple days and asks me to fill out an application online at Protiviti website, which is very professional by way. We exchanged emails in two days we set up a time for interview, I responded that I could make it, and went online filled out application, and n responded ID number to make it easier for me to find me. Later that day he replied w/name of assistant director who would interview me.
       After having reviewed post on glass door on conducted by ir recruiters, I feel I was more than prepared and responded well to questions. I would recommend one preparing for an interview should definitely this site bookmarked in ir browser to help prepare for interview.
      Some of questions were right off this site. Why Protiviti? Why consulting interest ? Was re a time were part of a team? What career goals and development plans do ? y were asked in a relaxed and professional manner, interviewer was very courteous and seemed to be very encouraging to my responses.
      Overall, it has been a good experience, doing research ahead of time about Protiviti would be something that would put in much better standing. y a very information website m videos, for those of that do not like to spend an excessive amount of time reading. My overall rating of Protiviti on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being highest, I would definitely give m a "10"!

Interview Questions
    • If do research prior to interview, re is not difficult question, y do not seem to be trying to make interview hard. Interview lasted 38 minutes and 20 seconds. Waiting to hear if response.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti in August 2012.

Initially had a phone interview with a recruiter. They were extremely nice and were not there to trick me in any way. Basic questions like why Protiviti, why I would be a strong candidate, etc. After that, mostly talked about the job and the company. Very enjoyable.

After that, I was invited to the office and had two 30 minutes interviews with directors. They were both very cool and easy to talk to. Mostly asked basic behavioral questions (working in teams and stuff) and also walked through my resume. We even talked about sports a little bit. Couldn't have asked for a better interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Protiviti in October 2011.

Met at career fair and had very positive feeling from them. Got a first round interview on campus and met with 2 people for a half hour each and someone from HR. Again, all positive interactions. Got a 2nd round in NYC. They put me up in a very nice hotel and had a pre-interview dinner the night before. The interview consisted of a presentation to us about the firm, 2 half hour interviews, lunch with 2 first year consultants and a 5 minute group presentation. The whole process was pretty easy. The day was long, it lasted from 9am to 4pm. I felt very comfortable with the firm leaving the interview and got to meet a large amount of people. Everyone was young, energetic and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that would surprise me.   Answer Question
    I was able to get my offer deadline extended so I could consider other offers.