Protiviti

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Process Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Protiviti in March 2013.

Began with introduction to HR and followed with two interviewers consisting of behavioral questions followed by Q&A.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Protiviti in May 2012.

I got my interview through my college; I had two 30 minute interviews on campus, and there was also a pre-interview dinner the night before. I heard back from an HR representative within a week or two, and set up my office visit for the beginning of summer. The on-site interview was more focused on my resume than the first interview, but it was still easy to get through. I received a verbal offer within a week, and my written offer was mailed to me. I had to have two background checks before my internship started.
    P.S. I had my interviewed in the spring and summer of 2014, and had the internship in the summer of 2015 (so there was quite a wait before the start date).

Interview Questions
    • If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate; I knew the industry averages, and I knew that my offer was very competitive.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Protiviti in September 2011.

I first found Protiviti at my school's on-campus career fair. All the employees were young and professional. They provided a great deal of information pertaining to their jobs. I was selected for an interview later that week. I had an on-campus interview which consisted of two 30 minute interviews. One interviewer was very relaxed and just talked personally without asking a lot of questions. The second interviewer was a bit more technical and asked a lot of questions. I was less comfortable in this one but the questions were not terribly difficult and I got through it just fine. After the on-campus interview, I was selected for an office visit. Protiviti put me up in a 4 star hotel downtown the night before and took the candidates to dinner with current employees. The next morning a bus took us all to the building. We had a short case study that we received the night before and it was very simple. Our interviewer only asked a couple questions around it. We also met with a director who informed us about the culture and promotion road map. I was contacted via phone call within a week and offered a position.

No negotiation. All hires are paid the same rate.

Process Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Protiviti in March 2011.

I interviewed for an internship and then was offered a full-time position after I completed my internship. For my first interview, I interviewed with 2 managers for 30 min each. One interview was more conversational based just to get to know me. The other interview was a list of behavioral questions. Then I went to an office visit where I had a final interview discussing my solutions to a case study given the night before with a director.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember specific questions, but being prepared to talk about specific examples of my leadership, teamwork, meeting deadlines, etc. examples helped with the list of behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    None

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti in November 2010.

I was referred by an employee and received a phone call to set up a time to come in and interview. I was given a schedule of the people I would be meeting with, 4 in total (Manager, Associate Director, Managing Director, and HR). On the day of the interview I checked in at the front desk and then first meet with a Manager. This interview was relaxed and pretty informal. He was personable and friendly and we discussed my resume for the most part and my past experience/education. This phase last approximately 30 minutes. After that he walked me over to another office and I met with an Associate Director. She was more formal and serious, but still friendly. This part of the process consisted of interview questions that were less about my resume and more about my personality and behavioral type questions. This lasted approximately 20 minutes. She then walked me to another office and I met a Managing Director. This meeting last about 30 minutes. It consisted mostly of him discussing the business and the types of solutions they provide to clients. I would chime in and make a comment here and there or ask a question, but it was mostly him doing the talking and me listening. After that, I met with someone from HR for a few minutes for the final part of the process to see if I had any follow up questions.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions really, just some standard behavioral ones. "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" "What is your greatest strength / weakness" "Do you prefer to work on teams or alone".

Knowing something about the solutions they offer and ones that you are interested working in will help you in progressing the interview conversation with the Associate Director and Managing Director.

View Answer
    I did not negotiate, but probably should have.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Protiviti in November 2008.

The people were really friendly, first had an on-campus interview, and then an on-site interview. The on-campus interview was really laid back and easy. The on-site interview was nice, too. The current employees met and greeted at dinner and lunch the next day.

Technology Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a weekinterviewed at Protiviti in May 2008.

Interviews were conducted first on campus through the career center. These consisted of two, 30 minute back to back interviews from senior managers and managing directors. Then, if you make it past this round you move on to the office visit, in which they put you up in a hotel, take you to dinner, and then interview you in rounds at the office.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation is slim to none as all new consultants all start at a baseline level.