Protiviti

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in May 2008.

Interview Details – At my school, they basically interview anyone with a GPA greater than 3.25. They have a first round interview and make their cuts in one day, then have second round interviews, both on campus. They make another cut then invite recruits to a site visit. The site visit was another two interviews and a skills/personality test. They give a few presentations and take everyone to a really nice lunch/dinner.

Interview Question – Why would your accounting background give you an edge in consulting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a few offers that were higher or that had signing bonuses. I even scanned some of the offer letters to my recruiter and she did not budge with the offer. I think this happened to me because I go to a school that's not a 'key' school for recruiting.

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in February 2013.

Interview Details – 1 written round- tests communication skills, logical reasoning and general awareness.... 2 nd round is HR round which is very easy .... 3rd round is a technical round ( study account, audit and your resume thoroughly), and final is the MD round ( general)

Interview Question – have a thorough knowledge of internal audit, controls, risks, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Internal audit did not interest me.

London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in April 2012.

Interview Details – Due to my location, I had to take a phone interview, rather than meet in person.
2:1 interview with a manager and associate director.

Friendly and easy going competency based interview. Very focused on the firms culture.

Make sure to focus on any internal audit work you have completed. Moving from external to internal audit could be tough.

Make sure to research the 'Protiviti story' and ask some good questions at the end.

Interview Question – Describe in detail, your experience in managing junior staff in an internal audit role.   View Answer

Internal Audit Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Protiviti in October 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was very professional. The Company cares about it's people and investments a lot of time and energy into the interview process. They are very people orientated so they don't take people who are not serious about working hard. In general, the interview process was very well organized and helpful in getting an understanding of the job.

Interview Question – Give an specific example where you worked with a group and encountered a problem? Please specify the role you took and how you came to a compromise?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Protiviti in February 2008.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a review of my background in Internal Audit and External Audit work. It also consisted of situational questions in which you are asked about an experience, how you handled it, and the outcome. Interviews were done with several individuals at all levels of experience.
The poeple are very good to work with but be ready for long hours and plenty of politics.

Interview Question – Tell me a situtation in which there was conflict and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was very little room for negotiation. Salaries and bonuses are set on policies and the company won't go outside of policy unless you interview for a higher position. the salaries are not bad but to get your bonus is difficult.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Protiviti

Worked for Protiviti? Contribute to the Community!

Protiviti Videos

Protiviti – Why Work for Us?

About Us We believe that a career is about more than just working, providing deliverables, and being compensated for your efforts. The Protiviti Career is about opportunities to lead, learn, grow, and make a difference… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Protiviti Internal Audit Consultant interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Protiviti employees and interview candidates.