Protiviti

167 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Risk Interview

Technology Risk

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview Details – I went to all the recruiting events, got to know the office, and was eventually extended an invitation to the final meet & greet. Then, I was contacted for an interview. That one went well, I got another, then I received an offer via email and over the phone.

Interview Question – "What is your proudest accomplishment?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an intern I didn't really negotiate.

Senior Consultant II Interview

Senior Consultant II
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Protiviti in January 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me through linkedin. She set me up with couple of phone calls. First phone call was with a Manager/Architect. Next one was with a Senior Developer. Both of them were technical. And finally I had an in person interview.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yeah.

PCI Manager Interview

PCI Manager
Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online and interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview Details – Applied on website, initial phone screen, secondary phone screen with manager, the on-site interview with phone screen manager, a peer, and a partner. The peer ran out of questions to ask and the partner seemed swamped. Work/life balance was not perceived as great, as mentioned multiple times "we're gonna work you," jokingly. After the office visit, had 2 additional phone interviews to determine where to be placed - I asked to stop the interview process at this point, since it was getting arduous.

Interview Question – What do you want to do here?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Recruiting Manager Interview

Recruiting Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in November 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the head of the department in San Fran and then an in-person interview in Chicago with the team. Everyone seemed friendly enough but the environment seemed a bit stuffy.

Interview Question – All behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview Details – Women- don't apply here.

I interviewed a few months back and met with three individuals from Manager to Managing Director levels. Two were okay, the third was argumentative and seemed to want to give a case interview but didn't really know how. Her questions were all over the place and she was combative with everything I said.

So, okay. After the last interview with the MD, the recruiter came in. She asked what I thought of the company and if I had any lingering questions. Then she brought up salary, and said "when we spoke before I know you were looking for something around 85k, but the max we could do for you is high 60s or maybe 70. Is that still ok?" I was floored. That is less than I make now, and well below the average for senior consultants in Chicago. I said I would have to think about it, but fit/opportunity was most important to me.

The kicker is that I had a friend interviewing for the same role. A man, with less consulting experience. So I asked him if the salary question came up, and he said he wanted 90k and the SAME RECRUITER said "we could definitely do that for you".

Ladies, the pay gap is real, and Protiviti thrives on it.

Interview Question – How would you handle this client situation?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Protiviti in August 2012.

Interview Details – Used Robert Half Recruiter, who recommended Protiviti after I was not ready for external Audit. Protiviti is a subsidiary of RH. I had 3 interviews, 45 mins - 1 hour each with the managing director and 2 directors. Offer within a day

Interview Question – Nothing out of ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i negotiated a $5K raise through a recruiter, which i recommend.

Campus Recruiting Interview

Campus Recruiting
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Protiviti in July 2011.

Interview Details – One phone and One onsite

Interview Question – Case study   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Open for negotiation

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in September 2011.

Interview Details – I first found Protiviti at my school's on-campus career fair. All the employees were young and professional. They provided a great deal of information pertaining to their jobs. I was selected for an interview later that week. I had an on-campus interview which consisted of two 30 minute interviews. One interviewer was very relaxed and just talked personally without asking a lot of questions. The second interviewer was a bit more technical and asked a lot of questions. I was less comfortable in this one but the questions were not terribly difficult and I got through it just fine. After the on-campus interview, I was selected for an office visit. Protiviti put me up in a 4 star hotel downtown the night before and took the candidates to dinner with current employees. The next morning a bus took us all to the building. We had a short case study that we received the night before and it was very simple. Our interviewer only asked a couple questions around it. We also met with a director who informed us about the culture and promotion road map. I was contacted via phone call within a week and offered a position.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All hires are paid the same rate.

Model Risk Analyst Interview

Model Risk Analyst

Interviewed at Protiviti

Interview Details – had phone interview just a few days after sending resume

Interview Question – how you explain B-S model to client   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Protiviti

Interview Details – Started with campus recruiting - submitted a resume and interviewed with a recruiter on campus. From there, they flew me to the office location I desired (along with other students from my school), and I had dinner with a few members of the team that night. The next day was spent meeting with about 6 individuals, lunch, and a group activity. Very well organized, and I had a great experience.

Interview Question – How much would you charge to wash all the windows in Chicago?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Protiviti

Worked for Protiviti? Contribute to the Community!

Protiviti Videos

Protiviti – Why Work for Us?

About Us We believe that a career is about more than just working, providing deliverables, and being compensated for your efforts. The Protiviti Career is about opportunities to lead, learn, grow, and make a difference… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Protiviti interview questions and advice. All 167 interview reviews posted anonymously by Protiviti employees and interview candidates.