Protiviti

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.8

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Protiviti.

Peer, MD, and executive team interviews. Mostly discussed style, expertise, past work history. No cases. Executives seemed willing to share the vision for the practice and firm.

Interview Questions
    Extended negotiation phase, since the executive committee must meet and approve the offer prior to presentment. Any back-and-forth negotiating required involving the exec committee.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Protiviti.

Went to a career fair on campus. make sure to research them before you go. Dropped my resume, and they invited me to an interview on campus followed by a second round at their office.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you manage your time? What do you like about Protiviti?   View Answer

Technology Risk Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti.

There were two parts- one about past experiences/behavior and the other a case study. The interviewers were very nice and likable. And each part takes about 15 mins, so 30 mins in total. I was told that I would her from them in about a week or week and a half about whether or not I would get a second interview. I believe the 2nd interview would be in the office location that you applied to.

Interview Questions
    • There were a bunch of questions that were "explain a time when you...."   Answer Question

Process Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Protiviti.

I applied through a campus recruiting site. There were on campus interview for the first round and office interview for the second round. The interviews consist of behavioral questions and a short case.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti in February 2015.

I applied online after hearing about the company from a colleague. Their recruiting process is very efficient and one of the best interview process I've had. The recruiter got back to me the next day after I applied online. The entire process took about 2 weeks. The interview processes was standard with a phone call from recruiter about the position, follow by a phone interview with a manager, and an in office interview with the directors as well as a case study. The interview ended with lunch with a couple of consultants who will talk more about the firm and answer any questions you may have. I was coming in from out of state and Protiviti was very generous in offering all the necessary accommodations. Everyone at the firm was extremely nice and I felt like I got along with everyone there.

Tips:
    -It's always better to over prepare for an interview. (Do your homework and research on the company)
    -Organize your thoughts before you speak. Organization is important...especially for consulting.
    -There are videos made by Protiviti you can watch on youtube that will give you a good idea what kind people you will be meeting
    -The case study wasn't hard. Take a good look at all the materials that are given to you before you dive in. Take notes or make comments as you read through it. This will help you a lot when you're writing down your response. (If you have taken a MIS course at your college, then the case study will be familiar to you)
    -Having an accounting background seems to be useful based on my conversations.
    -SMILE and have a good time. (Be yourself)

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness or an area you want to improve on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti in February 2015.

First half was a case study, where a scenario was presented. Second half was standard a behavioral interview. I spoke to two different Protiviti employees, and would suggest doing background research on the company because they asked about Protiviti buzzwords as well as what I thought sets it apart from other similar companies.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time where you had to do something unexpected and adapt?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti in February 2015.

Career fair, information session.
    First round: behavioral
    Second round: case
    Third round: office visit

For the spring semester, they had a back to back first and second round interviews. I have heard that for the fall semester, the first two rounds do not happen in this way. For the office visit, there were a mix of intern candidates and full time consultant candidates.

Process Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Protiviti in February 2015.

First round interview was with two different people. 30 minutes case interview and 30 minutes behavioral interview. They emailed an outline of a small business loan process the day before. In the interview they gave you a paper with some information and then you had to basically say what you thought. Interview was on campus.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when someone from your team didn't get along?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti in February 2015.

Started with an on campus career Fair. Attended on campus interview which consisted of behavioral based interview and case study. Was called back for a two day interview at their Orlando office. First day was dinner with 4-5 consultants. Second day was in office tour, 2 interviews and lunch interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to adapt to a new challenge or setting   Answer Question

Process Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Protiviti.

Applied through my university's career services center. Got requested for an interview. The first round is strictly behavioral and the second round is a case analysis. The interviewer was very friendly and gave plenty of time to answer questions.

Interview Questions
    • The consulting case was fairly difficult. With limited information it was tough to come up with answers on the spot.   Answer Question