Protiviti

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.8

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Protiviti.

I applied via an employee referral. I received a call within 2 days from the HR Director. After preliminary questioning an onsite visit was scheduled with the Managing Director, Director & Associate Director. Very routine questions to get a feel for my background, relevant experience, management skills, etc. I received an offer within 7 days.

Interview Questions

Primary reason was that salary was below market. My experience throughout the interview process led me to believe that management lacked professionalism and not all on the same page.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Protiviti.

On campus first round interview was a 30 minute behavioral interview and a 30 minute case interview. The second round interview was on site in New York and there was a pre interview dinner the night before with a few current employees and a majority of applicants. The next morning there were a few speakers, a panel, and there were 2 interviews and a small presentation we had to complete with small groups.

Technology Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti.

Interview process was great compared to other firms I interviewed with. Had first round interviews through University career services.

Two 30 minute interviews: 1 behavioral and 1 case
    - They had a nice greeting team that made you feel very relaxed.

- Behavioral: relatively straight forward. Asked questions you would expect tailored to problem solving, team work, and leadership.
    - The interviewer was very friendly and you could really be yourself while answering questions.
    - I was very relaxed and felt like I was just having a conversation with the interviewer.

- Case Interview: Not very difficult if you can think critically and quickly. It's all about how well you solve problems and realize problems and can explain the cause and effects of solutions/issues
    - The interview was stiff when I first began the interview. I was given the case, told I had 5 minutes to read the case, and asked when I was ready. It's important that you look at everything your given before diving into the case to get an overall picture of how the case will look. Taking notes will make your life much easier and just do an info dump as you go along. I finished reading the case and writing notes within a couple minutes. I started to analyze the problems and developed solutions. I told the interviewer I was good to go before the 5 minutes was up.
    - The interviewer starting asking questions such as: what problems did I notice etc... He asked for solutions, and potential risks with not implementing solutions and leaving things how they were. In general, if you have some business sense, you will realize many of the inherent business risks associated with technology flaws. Think "bigger picture".
    - As I started answering questions, the interviewer lightened up and became friendlier. Maybe because I was saying some good stuff?
    - I was able to completely finish the case interview within 15-20 minutes so we had plenty of time for questions and general talk. The interviewer opened up a lot at this point and I asked a few questions and he seemed to really enjoy telling me the answer.

I had a really good impression of the firm and the position after the interviews and the interviews actually made me want this position more than the other positions I applied to.

I was invited to second round interviews and those went well.
    - These were used to get to know you better and to see if you would be a good fit with the firm. Really be yourself and if you really want the position, they will see that. Just a couple behavioral interviews, nothing too stressful or hard. Make sure to get all of your questions answered during these interviews because this is pretty much your best bet to figure out if you will like the job or not.

I was so impressed with the second round interviews that it bumped this job and firm to the top of my list.

It goes to show, other firms could really learn something from them about the interview process. Sure many firms have the same format/idea but it's all in the execution. Maybe it has to do something with their parent company being Robert Half International.

Hope this was thorough enough for those who are looking now and in the future and want to prepare.

Interview Questions
    • two different manager assign tasks to you with expected completion dates. How do you handle this situation? (not too hard but hardest I was asked)   Answer Question

Process Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti.

I was contacted through on campus recruitment. Initial interview was on campus. Followed by a social dinner the night before a final interview in-office. Questions in the first interview were mainly behavioral plus a case discussion.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to get a member of your team to do something they didn't agree with.   Answer Question
    Not a lot of room for negotiation.

Process Interview

4 interviews. 1 case and 1 conversational/behavioral at university and 2 conversational at the office location. It was a pretty simple process and the interviewers were friendly, they genuinely just wanted to see if you were a good fit. Compared to other companies, these interviews were easier and less formal.

Process Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti in November 2014.

I got an interview through applying on Protiviti's website in combination with my schools career center. The interview was 1 hour, with a 30 minute case interview and a 30 minute behavioral interview. The interviewers were very kind, and I thought the interview couldn't have gone any better, but I got a generic email today saying no offer.

Interview Questions
    • The case was really easy. They send you part of it the night before. Just do as much research as you can on what they give you the night before, since they are looking to see that you are prepared. Think out loud and use logic/reason in giving suggestions. They will likely ask you how you prepared for the case. The behavioral interview was also easy. They just pretty much walk through your resume, and it just flowed like a conversation for me. No tricky questions.   Answer Question

Process Consultant Interview

I just finished my first round interview. the interview consisted two parts, a behavior part and a case study. questions they ask are pretty easy and standard, walk through the resume why consulting, etc

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Protiviti.

Came to campus for first round interview. First round consisted of behavioral and case study. Second interview was in a different state, they flew me there took care of all travel accommodations. Second round was dinner, lunch and lots of time for questions with staff.

Process Consultant Interview

Meet at a career fair at my school and was later invited to an information session. First round of interviews were held on campus and consisted of a behavioral interview that just walked through my resume and then a case study. The case study was not very challenging, just be able to identify problems in a process and come up with creative solutions. Biggest tip would be to just think out loud! I was then offered a office visit where I was put up in a very nice hotel, we had dinner the night before and I was able to meet 1st year or new consultants. The next morning I visited the office and was able to meet everyone who worked there and had two formal interviews which were behavioral. Protiviti is very serious about culture so the whole process was just to see if you would fit in at the office and if you would be a good part of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Identify the problems in the process, what are the causes, what are some solutions.   View Answer

Technology Consultant Interview

I got started with the process at the career fair at my university. I spoke with the recruiter and turned in my resume. I then heard back within a week about an interview on campus with a meet and greet reception the night before. The first interview included a 30 min behavioral interview and a 30 min case study interview. Nothing too bad. A week later I heard back about a second set of interviews which included a dinner the night before and an office visit. This included 2 30 min behavioral based interviews. Overall, I had a positive experience with all of the employees at Protiviti and everything was very well organized.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone difficult and how did you handle it?   Answer Question