Protiviti

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Protiviti

Interview Details – Dinner before initial interview. Case interview followed the next day if we were selected. Brought up for an office visit to Dallas, and dinner the night before interview once again

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Protiviti

Interview Details – Invited up to San Francisco. Offered breakfast with about a half hour of networking followed up by an hour panel where we could ask questions. Next we had lunch, followed by a short presentation where we were split up into groups. Ended with a short 15 min interview with a partner.

Interview Question – What makes you interested with working with Protiviti?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Protiviti in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screening with recruiter which wast mostly validating lawful employment, my pay requirements, and collecting high level experience/fit.
Lunch with two directors. Very casual conversation talking about the role, intrest, fit, etc.
Meeting with partner. Also very casual talking about experience and fit.
Very casual overal.
Employees like to talk about their careers. Met some really great people with lots of experience. Seemed like a great place to work hearing their experiences.

Interview Question – No difficult questions really.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Intern Interview

Internal Audit Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview Details – Applied through school. The interviewers were nice. Half hour of a flowchart and ask to analyze the situation and another half hour of behavioral check

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at Protiviti

Interview Details – One on campus interview through university career fair, followed by an office visit at the end of the next week. Offer came soon after the weekend.

Interviewed with multiple levels in the company, up to MD. Overall great people and great company.

Interview Question – Maybe a small twist asking about weaknesses, etc. but nothing out of the ordinary. Behavioral and fit questions. Mostly walking through resume.   Answer Question

Technology Intern Interview

Technology Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview Details – Spoke with them initially at a campus career fair, very friendly and spoke at length, displayed interest in my skillset. Had a laid back dinner reception the night before the interview, quite a few reps with 10+ yrs of experience attended, again friendly. Interview consisted of a 30 minute case study first then a 30 minute behavioral interview. It really wasn't difficult, I was literally sick and didn't perform nearly as well as I could have. Hard to say if the case study is difficult since you are kind of walked through it, I think it would have been fun if it wasn't an interview.

Interview Question – When was a time you took something on short notice and how did you perform?   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Technology Consultant

Interview Details – After applying through my school's website I was asked to come into an information session and then interviews the next day. I STRONGLY recommend coming in for the pre-interview session. The interviewees will stay and talk with you after.

I met with 2 consultants: The first asked me to analyze a case study (These are no sweat. They forgot to email me the case study early and I was able to do it at first glance) & the second evaluated whether or not I fit in the company (Asked me what my biggest flaw was, what I do when I didn't know what to do at my prior internship, and why not the Big 4 instead).

After passing that interview I was asked to visit the office:

I went to lunch with another candidate (which I treated as an interview), then I met with 2 managers and a director. I was asked about my technical skills, how I handle change, how I handle idle time, and (most importantly) what I do with my free time. They really like hearing about your passion and if you don't have one, you might be in trouble. They asked me to come in another time to meet with another director who wasn't there that day... so I came back a week later to casually meet with him.

At my final meeting I was asked "why this location?". They asked me if I wanted to work elsewhere and I said no. Job offered a few days later.

Interview Question – What are you passionate about outside of work?   View Answer

Process Consultant Intern Interview

Process Consultant Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview Details – Got the interview through a career fair. It was fairly simple. The first part was 30 minutes mainly about my resume and the second part was a 30 minute case study.

Interview Question – They go very in-depth with your resume. Prepare by doing practice case studies.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee and received a phone call to set up a time to come in and interview. I was given a schedule of the people I would be meeting with, 4 in total (Manager, Associate Director, Managing Director, and HR). On the day of the interview I checked in at the front desk and then first meet with a Manager. This interview was relaxed and pretty informal. He was personable and friendly and we discussed my resume for the most part and my past experience/education. This phase last approximately 30 minutes. After that he walked me over to another office and I met with an Associate Director. She was more formal and serious, but still friendly. This part of the process consisted of interview questions that were less about my resume and more about my personality and behavioral type questions. This lasted approximately 20 minutes. She then walked me to another office and I met a Managing Director. This meeting last about 30 minutes. It consisted mostly of him discussing the business and the types of solutions they provide to clients. I would chime in and make a comment here and there or ask a question, but it was mostly him doing the talking and me listening. After that, I met with someone from HR for a few minutes for the final part of the process to see if I had any follow up questions.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions really, just some standard behavioral ones. "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" "What is your greatest strength / weakness" "Do you prefer to work on teams or alone".

Knowing something about the solutions they offer and ones that you are interested working in will help you in progressing the interview conversation with the Associate Director and Managing Director.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but probably should have.

Process Consultant Interview

Process Consultant
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in October 2013.

Interview Details – I first applied through my university career site. Within two weeks I had a scheduled interview on campus with two managers. The first one asked several behavioral and work experience questions. They also had me conduct a basic case study of a situation that simulated a routine process that a consultant would experience (this one in particular dealt with the varying stages of how a bank grants an individual a loan). The second manager asked me similar behavioral and work experience questions. After making it past this round, I was invited to a pre-superday dinner in the city. All of the associates were very nice and welcoming and very open to answering questions. The final round was conducted in their Philadelphia office. The superday consisted of an introduction, presentation, two in office interviews, a role play, and lunch.

Interview Question – Can you give me a time that you had to think outside of the box?   Answer Question