Protiviti

2.4

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Internal Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Protiviti.

Had 2 one on one behavioral interview with an associate and managing director. Both interviews went off and both liked my personality. Moved forward with background check and was cleared. Waited for offer for 1 month and expectations came out empty. Said I needed a Computer Science degree. Then why move forward with me or even interview me in the first place? I wasted my time. I also quit my job, which is my own fault, but I will always remember this and to not fall for Protiviti again (which was originally Arthur Andersen, Enron scandal).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in December 2010.

The process was very fast and took about 2 weeks from the initial contact through email up to the point where they called with a offer. The initial process included two one on one interviews on campus. The 2nd and last loud included 3 one on one onsite interviews as well as a team project and presentation.

Was not able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in November 2013.

They didn't recruit at my school so I applied directly through the web-site. I was quickly contacted through email to set up a phone interview. The first phone interview was with HR and was completely resume & behavioral based. Shortly after, I was told that I did well and would be scheduled for another phone interview.

The second phone interview was with a current manager and was mostly focused on my resume with a few behavioral questions.

The third interview was a final round office visit and pre-interview dinner. The dinner was a a lot of fun and it really broke the ice for the next day. The office visit consisted of an opening presentation from a managing director. After that there was a Q&A with current employees and was extremely casual. After the Q&A, half of the candidates went to do interviews and the other half did a group activity with a short presentation. The group activity was very laid back and basic and the presentation was short and fun.

Both interviews were 1:1 resume and behavioral based and ended up just turning into a conversation about the company, my interests, the interviewers background etc. Could not have been a more relaxing and welcoming interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that I won't find on your resume.   Answer Question
    While the company may be open to negotiate, the offer was generous and extremely reasonable. Took it straight up.

Process Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Protiviti.

I started the process through a career fair at school. After that, I went to a pre-night networking event and met future and current employees. They did a good job of providing a top to bottom mix of employees from students who had just accepted full time offers to MD's. I went through two 1:1 behavioral interviews on campus, and then was contacted within the week regarding second round interviews on site at the NYC office. They took us out to a pre-night dinner where we networked with plenty of entry and mid-level employees who answered any questions we had about the company. The following day I had two behavioral interviews with a director and MD. It was a very relaxed interview. They were definitely more concerned with fit and ability to connect with someone in a short period of time.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any questions that you wouldn't expect to be asked in an interview   Answer Question
    Since it was an internship offer, there was no negotiating.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Protiviti.

Applied through campus recruiting and then went to one of the informational sessions and met the campus recruiter. Received an on campus interview later (2 30 minute interviews). After that got invited to the a pre-night dinner with a bunch of other interns and some of the workers at Protiviti (very casual). The in-office interview was casual also, met with 2 managers. They didn't ask much questions, sort of just had a conversation

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, just typical behavorial questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in August 2012.

Initially had a phone interview with a recruiter. They were extremely nice and were not there to trick me in any way. Basic questions like why Protiviti, why I would be a strong candidate, etc. After that, mostly talked about the job and the company. Very enjoyable.

After that, I was invited to the office and had two 30 minutes interviews with directors. They were both very cool and easy to talk to. Mostly asked basic behavioral questions (working in teams and stuff) and also walked through my resume. We even talked about sports a little bit. Couldn't have asked for a better interview.

Process Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Protiviti.

On campus interview first, followed by an in office visit with 2 more interviews and group presentation with other candidates

Technology Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in March 2012.

Applied online directly through their website. Heard back the following week and scheduled a phone interview with an campus recruiter. The recruiter is just trying to get a sense of your personality and whether your past work experiences are applicable to the position you applied for. Really laid back and conversational. Later that week I was invited to an in-office visit the next month.

The in-office visit was very professional. There's a pre-interview dinner the night before and they put you up in a very nice hotel that night. The in-office visit consisted of an hour-long presentation about Protiviti, followed by two 1:1 30-minute interviews with directors and managing directors. Again, these interviews are very basic and conversational. You're just asked a few behavioral questions and then go over your resume. Be sure to come to the interviews with questions already prepared. After the interviews, they take you out to a nice, long lunch with the other applicants. You finish up the day with a group presentation on what you've learned about the company. I received an offer the following day.

Just be yourself during the entire interview process. They're trying to gauge whether you can work well on a team and if your personality meshes with the young, energetic culture of the firm. Everyone in the office is very approachable and easy to talk to. I definitely felt at home by the end of the day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Technology Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in October 2011.

First, I met with two employees 1 on 1 for 30 minutes each. One interviewer was laid back and easy going while the other was much more direct and to the point. After getting called back for a second round, I went to the office and met with 2 more employees, 1 on 1 each time. Both were very laid back and asked more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you and your boss were at a client and your boss just got out of a meeting where the CIO is now upset with your boss and thinks your company is just interested in selling them products, how do you approach the CIO to get his approval for a deliverable due tomorrow?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in October 2011.

Met at career fair and had very positive feeling from them. Got a first round interview on campus and met with 2 people for a half hour each and someone from HR. Again, all positive interactions. Got a 2nd round in NYC. They put me up in a very nice hotel and had a pre-interview dinner the night before. The interview consisted of a presentation to us about the firm, 2 half hour interviews, lunch with 2 first year consultants and a 5 minute group presentation. The whole process was pretty easy. The day was long, it lasted from 9am to 4pm. I felt very comfortable with the firm leaving the interview and got to meet a large amount of people. Everyone was young, energetic and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that would surprise me.   Answer Question
    I was able to get my offer deadline extended so I could consider other offers.

Worked for Protiviti? Contribute to the Community!