Protiviti Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.6

Process Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus first round interview was a 30 minute behavioral interview and a 30 minute case interview. The second round interview was on site in New York and there was a pre interview dinner the night before with a few current employees and a majority of applicants. The next morning there were a few speakers, a panel, and there were 2 interviews and a small presentation we had to complete with small groups.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was efficient and very professional. It began with a 30 minute phone screening with an internal recruiter, who ended the call stating I will have a call later in the week with a Director. I then had a 1 hour interview with the Director, which was 50% informative and 50% questions/walking through my resume. Later that day, the internal recruiter reached out to me letting me know that I made it to the next round at the New York office. She worked with me to accommodate my schedule, so about 2 weeks after later, I had 4 in person interviews in New York, each about 30 minutes. The interviews were with all different levels of employees which allowed me to get a good perspective of the culture at Protiviti because I could ask candid questions to my future peers (which they encouraged). Overall, I was very impressed with the Protivti and the recruiting team (Shelley Piontek). I accepted the offer and so far everything has either reached or exceeded my expectations.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a positive experience regarding the interview process. The first part was a phone call with HR. If she felt you were a fit she would then forward your application to a manager. I then met with a manager and a partner and the interviews were very relaxed and informative. It was more of a discussion/conversation then an interview. Overall-positive experience.

Technology Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY).

Interview

Started off with campus recruiting - case study which wasn't too hard but wasn't a walk in the park either, and also a behavioral interview as well. Then second round in the office there were 2 interviews. Both were just casual conversations so they could get to know you. Some random behavioral questions were thrown in, but they were more integrated into the conversation so they weren't stressful. Then there is a group presentation you give.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

It was an on campus interview and consisted of a 30 minute case study and a 30 min behavioral interview. Both interviewers were extremely nice and made the interviews seem like just a talk.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were working in a team and you had to deal with a person that didn't want to do their job. (Not exact wording)   Answer Question

Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Had first round interview on campus following a pre-night reception in which I met several managers and managing directors. The first round of interviews was two-pronged. I was lucky enough to interview with the managers I was able to talk to at length the night before; This might have been intentional on their part.

The first half of the interview was a very informal behavioral interview in which the managing director really tried to get to know my experiences and personality. The second half was a case study for which you were given a process flow chart the night before. During the interview they gave you an additional sheet on information regarding a made-up company's business process issue and the interviewer proceeded to ask somewhat challenging questions about how we would handle the company's issue as a consultant. The interviewer understood that you wouldn't know exactly how to implement a solution however they were looking for thoughtful answers and effective communication.

I was informed that I had received a second round interview a few days after the first round. This was held about three weeks later at their midtown NYC office. The night before they held a very nice dinner with several Protiviti professionals and put everyone up at a pretty nice hotel. The interviews the next day were very informal. The first was with a Senior Consultant and the second with a Manager. Both were behavioral and had me run them through my resume. Both interviewers had a checklist of things they were supposed to tell me to sell me on joining the firm, given that they extended me an offer. After the interviews there were group presentations, which I don't think they formally evaluated.

Interview Questions

• Case Study: What is the biggest problem facing the company according to the process flow and the additional information?   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I met a Protiviti recruiter on campus and I really enjoyed my conversation with her. I applied through my campus job board and got an interview. There was a night prior, which I had to miss due to prior commitments. There were two 30 minute interviews back to back. The night before the interview, they email you a business process for the case interview the next day. Mine was about a bank which processes small loans. On the day of, I was interviewed by an IT Director. She was awesome. I prepared a lot so I wasn't too nervous. She gave me the process, and a case, and gave me 5 minutes to read through it. Afterwards we just talked through the problems that the case had and I provided my insight on what the solutions might be. She was very impressed because I pretended as if I was Protiviti when providing solutions. Right after, I had a behavioral interview, which was also fairly easy. Advice: Engage with the recruiters/proctors outside the interview rooms, they appreciate that.

A week and a half later, I got an email saying I got a second round. I am from Texas and I applied for a NYC position so that's why I think it took more than week. Two weeks later, they flew me out to NYC and put me up in a very nice hotel, with a view of NYC downtown, might I add. I flew in on Thursday for a dinner the night before. I sat with the recruiter and a Managing Director and honestly had one of the best times. There was no pressure, we just had a good time. The office visit the next day was about 5 hours long. There were two back to back 30 minutes interviews that included resume questions and behavioral questions. We also did a group presentation which was very fun! There were panels and Q&As, and then we had lunch while we networked with employees. I flew back the same evening. My office visit was on Friday, and the Monday of next week, I got a call with an offer!

Interview Questions

• Case wasn't too difficult, just be prepared. They don't care about the result, they just care about how you think and how you work through a problem. Talk it out with the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just make sure you get a signing bonus/relocation help if you're moving to a different state.

Internal Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY).

Interview

Had 2 one on one behavioral interview with an associate and managing director. Both interviews went off and both liked my personality. Moved forward with background check and was cleared. Waited for offer for 1 month and expectations came out empty. Said I needed a Computer Science degree. Then why move forward with me or even interview me in the first place? I wasted my time. I also quit my job, which is my own fault, but I will always remember this and to not fall for Protiviti again (which was originally Arthur Andersen, Enron scandal).

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

This is a three step interview process: HR on the phone, Director on the phone and In person with several members of the team. The whole interview process was very conversational. There wasn't really any scripted questions or behavioral analysis. The one question you should get ready to answer if you are coming in as an exprienced hire is, "Why are you leaving your current job and what makes this opportunity different?"

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

They didn't recruit at my school so I applied directly through the web-site. I was quickly contacted through email to set up a phone interview. The first phone interview was with HR and was completely resume & behavioral based. Shortly after, I was told that I did well and would be scheduled for another phone interview.

The second phone interview was with a current manager and was mostly focused on my resume with a few behavioral questions.

The third interview was a final round office visit and pre-interview dinner. The dinner was a a lot of fun and it really broke the ice for the next day. The office visit consisted of an opening presentation from a managing director. After that there was a Q&A with current employees and was extremely casual. After the Q&A, half of the candidates went to do interviews and the other half did a group activity with a short presentation. The group activity was very laid back and basic and the presentation was short and fun.

Both interviews were 1:1 resume and behavioral based and ended up just turning into a conversation about the company, my interests, the interviewers background etc. Could not have been a more relaxing and welcoming interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that I won't find on your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

While the company may be open to negotiate, the offer was generous and extremely reasonable. Took it straight up.